Reviews for Aitran
Katar Jin chapter 10 . 1/30/2012
a crossover i would never have thought of and so well written too
Chaotic Brain chapter 10 . 1/28/2012
"He'd fit in with some of those Canterlot ponies, wouldn't he?" the pegasus said with a wry smile.

"And the Princess wondered why I wasn't interested in friendship," Twilight said in a deadpan mutter.

Ha! That's a clever observation. Twilight's introverted nature suddenly makes much more sense.
Sir Gimp of Baath chapter 8 . 1/25/2012
I'm really enjoying this story! You're perfectly capturing the feel of Myst, and Rainbow Dash and Twilight bounce off of each other well. I laughed pretty hard at how easily Rainbow can short-circuit some of the puzzles.
CervantesOsis chapter 8 . 1/24/2012
Woo, another update!

Observatory, planetarium, same difference. They both have to do with astronomy in my book.

Now, the big question is, unlike in Myst, did the inhabitants of the Rocks survive, or all they all on the mainland now? I suppose I'll find out next time.

So, they'll find the red and blue pages, find a way back to the Aitran book, and learn more from Cirrus and Archeon. BTW, was it just me, or was Cirrus hitting on Twilight?

Also, I'm looking forward to when Twilight and Rainbow finnally put together that BOTH Cirrus and Archeon aren't trustworthy. Probably when they find the green book that leads to D'ni (or whatever you decide to name it), and discover that Star Swirl's still alive.

Excellent chapter, and I look forward to more!
Sypher14 chapter 7 . 1/14/2012
not a bad story, liked the way you mixed it up. when do you plan on updateing?
Chaotic Brain chapter 6 . 1/1/2012
Actually, you know what? I just got a copy of the game, so I can get all of the necessary screenshots for a comic version. Again, this is the full 3D version, so I can get any angle you like for each shot. If you, the author (or anyone else, with the author's permission) are on-board with the idea of turning this into a comic, just give me a list of all the screenshots you need. I'll do my best to gather as many as I can, though I will be restricted to ground-based, human height perspectives, so no shots from above or anything.
Chaotic Brain chapter 7 . 1/1/2012
I think it would be fantastic if someone could create a comic version of this story, using screenshots from the RealMYST remake (which is a full 3D world instead of pre-rendered screens) and pasting in pony vectors from DeviantART.
CervantesOsis chapter 7 . 12/31/2011
Heh. I'm kinda surprised Rainbow didn't trip the electric cage by accident. That would have been entertaining.

So, two Ages down, two to go. Going by the order of rotation, the next age would be...Stoneship? I'm going to enjoy watching them puzzle THAT one out. They haven't even been in the observatory yet.

By the way, since it's blatantly obvious by now that Star Swirl himself is going to make an appearance in the D'ni age (or whatever you call it), I have to ask: are you planning on him sending Twilight and Rainbow directly back to Equestria, or are you going to have them go through the events of Riven as well? Riven is a LONG game, longer than Myst by a long shot. You'd need a LOT of patience to do a fanfic based on that game.
Iago Lemming chapter 6 . 12/23/2011
Thus far, I would like to take this opportunity to say that I am simply thrilled, and excited by this story. You've done an excellent job.

This story works to both provide the enjoyment of watching the characters handle the worlds and situations around them, as well as to actually recreate the experience of playing the game the first time and solving the puzzles (Without giving too much away or simply acting as a basic walkthrough of the whole thing).

The pacing works excellently, and the imagery both paints an accurate picture of the world while leaving the blanks empty enough for us to become invested in it and visualize it for ourselves. To make it our own world.

I'm excited to see your interpretation on the events of the game, and especially the character's reactions to the excesses of Cirrus, and the cruelty of Archeon.

All in all, all I can say to you about making this story is this. I would advise you to remember that part of Myst's theme was that the worlds were all made up by language and word. They were creating through word, and by writing these books they essentially were like gods. I think that it would be a detriment to the story if you didn't use this theme to your advantage, maybe to explain why the brothers are a little off. But, you are doing an EXCELLENT job on your own, so don't mind me.
CervantesOsis chapter 6 . 12/22/2011
Well, good thing about the Mechanical Age's gear is that it doesn't close behind you when you trigger it. At least, not in the regular game. Then again, I've never had the power to the rocket get cut off before...

I'm a little sad you didn't show Rainbow's navigation through the labyrinth, but I guess I can understand. That would have been even more text-heavy than the last chapter as Rainbow deciphered which sound means which direction.

Well, anyway, I'm looking forward to more! Please continue updating like this!
CervantesOsis chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
You've certainly done your best to make this more than just a wall of text, and in my opinion, you've at least partially succeeded.

With any luck, Twilight will figure out what she did wrong, and be there to join Rainbow presently. So that should be a load off your mind. But, yes, the Selentic age is rather bland. In point of fact, it's often best to leave it for last, simply because if you don't visit the Mechanical Age first, you won't understand the maze in the second half of the stage.

Speaking of that, I'm willing to bet good bits that Rainbow is going to freak out even more over going through an UNDERGROUND maze in a cramped, one-person car. Doubly so if Twilight makes it more cramped.

Anyways, please keep up the good work! You're a brilliant author, and I'd like to see you keep churning out chapters at this rate!
Deltathewolf chapter 3 . 12/15/2011
Again, MYST?

...

Screw sleep, ponies and beautiful video games.
CervantesOsis chapter 3 . 12/13/2011
I'm looking forward to this being continued. I'm a huge fan of the first three Myst games (Myst, Riven, and Myst III: Exile) and you're doing a marvelous job with the first one here.

One minor issue, though. If you were using the Myst games' names for the sons, then they would be Sirrus and Achenar. If you made up your own names, then nevermind. I'd like you to clear that up, though.

Anyway, I'll be interested in them figuring out the rocket puzzle. That should be a laugh. BTW, will anyone else be joining them?
Crosser chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Okay, first of all I've never even heard of the Myst series before today. Secondly, the quality of this chapter alone convinced me to look it up and (after seeing that it could be downloaded for a decent price) buy it for myself. Hopefully by the time you get chapter two out I'll have a good idea what's going on, because I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this one!
29 | « Prev Page 1 2