Reviews for The Essence of Sunset
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 5/10/2014
"Whither thou goest".

Paraphrased quote from WITCHES ABROAD: "So, which is the real Granny Weatherwax?"
"Is this a trick question?" She slaps her hip. "This one."

Marvelous wonderful story. Thank you so much.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 5/5/2014
Magnificent. Contrasting the two worlds is rather like the different between the worlds in LeGuin's THE DISPOSSESSED; neither world is perfect, and both are rather insistent on their own ways.

And perhaps by now Severus is inoculated against seeing Lily; this is a Lily who was never his best friend, and indeed, doesn't actually know him.

With any luck the meeting will stay on a professional level (and I suspect that Snape has long realized that the "Lily" he uses to power his Patronus was never quite real).
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 5/4/2014
Oh, excellent! (and there are so many reasons why Snape might not have survived to go to Hogwarts or learn magic in a different world; life is tough in Cokeworth, especially in some neighborhoods. Or perhaps Eileen Prince never married a Muggle in another one). It is interesting that the two Muggleborns are duplicated, as well as McGonagall-who shows a fairly single-minded focus in both of them. Where does 'protection' slide over into 'greater good', after all?

And now Hermione holds the key to all the worlds at once.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 4/29/2014
Just wondering-isn't there a Snape in Hermione 2's world? Or did he never exist because there are no half bloods? Or is it because Hogwarts 2 has no male students that we have seen?

But yes, Hermione 2 needs to come back, because otherwise Snape 1 has no hope at all. After all, in the canon world the Trio walks on and leaves Snape to die without even taking a pulse-or closes his eyes. And everyone loves them.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 4/26/2014
Oh, my. So much and grief all at once; your Hermione can see what is coming, and obviously, so can Snape.

And so can the Founders, who sorrow over those who are likely to be lost.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 4/25/2014
Yes-Dumbledore's mistakes can be forgiven. The Marauders, of course, must be forgiven (even though they didn't do anything wrong according to canon). But Snape's never can be, ever, no matter how he sacrifices his life to correct them.

Oh, and former Headmaster Black has *totally* bad timing...
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 4/20/2014
Boy, this is going to be a long story...

And Dumbledore is *really* going to stay quiet before Hermione asks too many inconvenient questions about why he's so willing to sacrifice people. Plus, I think by now Snape knows that Albus had the Cloak that might have saved Lily, even after he'd promised to protect the Potters.

Here's hoping that this Hermione isn't quite so indoctrinated into the Gryffindors Are Always Right that, alas, Granger is well-schooled in by now.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 4/15/2014
Very good chapter. Hermione's world sounds superior to the current one, especially with no war-but there is undoubtedly a worm in the core of the apple there, too (like no men on staff at Hogwarts, for instance).

But Hermione has a good point-how does she go home?
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 1/13/2014
Very good chapter indeed. I really like the parallel universes converging, slightly, and their possible connection through the Four Founders.
Claudilla chapter 10 . 7/8/2013
Have to say; what a wonderful story. So imaginative and different. This is just about my favourite, so many sshg writers dispense with magic, but you have the great imaginative skills to do more, plus describe emotions with great sensitivity...
thank you, thank you and I hope you write more...
her illusion chapter 10 . 1/18/2013
really interesting :) the element with the founders was most unexpected..
server13server13 chapter 10 . 12/7/2012
Just breathtaking-what a creative fleshing out of the prompt. This gem ought to have thousands of reviews, and I hope others discover it.
Seyfert chapter 10 . 4/5/2012
Absolutely brilliant! :)

I loved the plot and the characters, the fact that you still managed to stick to canon, and your take on the Founders...

Thanks for such a lovely read :)
Lachriel chapter 10 . 3/25/2012
This was a really gorgeous story. I've loved reading it, and the conclusion was very satisfying. Thank you for sharing.
stexgirl2000 chapter 10 . 3/13/2012
Marvelous. Such gorgeous writing. You did a superb job world building and melding JKR's world to the one you created. What really got me was the way the Second Hermione and Severus found each other and held on to each other. Beautiful.