Reviews for Merry UnChristmas
Bronwyn Celtia chapter 7 . 11/17/2014
"Feeble efforts at writing" HORSE PUCKY! This was excellent!
AA - MamaBirdCat chapter 7 . 3/27/2014
just wonderful.. I love the tradition of exchanging socks..

I also love how you show Beach Head a little softer, more one of the gang..
tigerwolfspellbear chapter 7 . 9/24/2013
Silly Duke, you should have known Beachhead meant Christmas. Your author's note said Beachhead is acting and not ooc. I don't think you actually needed to put that in. I found it to be pretty clear in the story. Poor Beachhead, not being able to find some boots is going to suck diwn the road. Clutch's Christmas greeting to Lowlight had me giggling a bit. You do come up with some witty stuff. It's a really good thing Junkyard and Mutt are along. Ah, snark in the face of mortal peril, how I love thee. His priorities have not changed; insisting on food before medics (although, who can blame him). At least the medic was useful in not arguing much. The scene on the plane was just great with more snarkage and I was laughing at Mutt telling Junkyard no blue water. Anyone who has ever owned a dog or a cat has been there. And back at the Pit. Just tap your ruby red medic and say "There's no place like the Pit, there's no place like the Pit, there's no place like the Pit." The ending was very nice. I like the un-Christmas and that everyone waited until he was back to open their gifts from him. The sock tradition was a nice touch as well.
bugsymutt chapter 7 . 8/7/2013
I enjoyed this! I felt bad for Beach being stuck in another prison and enduring that awful treatment, but his rescue was exciting to read and I loved seeing the other Joes play important roles. You stayed true to their personalities. Oh, and I loved that Junkyard was featured so much but it would have been adorable to see him in a sweater. :) The ending was sweet, too.
Rhona chapter 7 . 3/5/2012
Good read! I enjoyed. :)
susan chapter 7 . 12/31/2011
dear willwrite4fics,

thank you for a great story and I enjoyed it!

keep writing and I will keep reading it. please and than you happy hollidays & happy new yr!
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 7 . 12/26/2011

That was a perfect GI Joe Christmas, in my opinion-especially since it wasn't perfect in the traditional sense. Nothing says Christmas in Joe like getting captured, beaten, frostbitten, and finally assaulted by an affectionate Rottweiler.

I loved the little side moments with Mutt et al; it was nice to see him getting a bit more attention than he usually does, and Junkyard snuggling up to Beach was so damn cute I think I temporarily died of adorable. The presents they all gave each other were perfect-very in-character, I thought, especially the sock business-and details like sleeping in a jump seat and the behavior of the insurgents really helped round it out. Also, you know I was going to adore the little kitchen reference. XD

Well done, and a belated happy unChristmas to you too!
Quathis chapter 7 . 12/25/2011
Great homecoming. In the perfect mood for the holiday spirit and military camaraderie. Certainly worth not freezing for. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Until next time.
Karama9 chapter 7 . 12/25/2011
I sure got the awwhhh moment, especially right until Ace complained he'd lost $200.

Very nice story, completely fits with the season even if it's unChristmas!
Karama9 chapter 6 . 12/25/2011
Poor medic, he has encountered... the Beach Head. Dun dun dun!

Nice chapter, awed on Beach letting Junkyard put his head on his lap. And Beach just marching out to get some food was adoringly... beachly.
Green Mint chapter 7 . 12/25/2011
Nice scene having the Joes on base celebrate with Beach Head. But what about Low Light? Did the Joes arrange stuff for him too?
TinySprite chapter 7 . 12/25/2011
Great ending to a great fic! The ending scene was really nice!
Guest chapter 7 . 12/25/2011
Very nice. A great ending to a great story. Liked how you added Lifeline into the story. His and Beach's moment was nicely written. And I could totally see the gang waiting around for Beach to get back. Sounds like what a true Joe would do. The tree was a cute touch too. I really enjoyed reading this story. Hope you have a happy new year.
river95 chapter 7 . 12/25/2011
Hey Wolfy!

I wanted to give you a review for Christmas, just as a start, to let you know that I am thinking about you! This is very, very good! I especially like the part where Lifeline and Beach have the talk about why Lifeline isn't at his own Christmas celebration - that is a nice moment between the two of them. Of course, I am sorry that poor Lifeline had to deal with his dad at Christmas. It almost makes me want to write a story about him for Christmas - maybe I will.

At any rate, I love the story! Thanks for writing it, and thanks even more for sharing!

N. Ockenfels chapter 7 . 12/25/2011
Yep, definitely "aaaawwww" at the end. Nice scene with Ace. Thanks for another good story !