Reviews for Red Inheritance
darrelodin chapter 10 . 4/22/2014
That was awesome! Seriously, a very interesting look into Ganondorf. So i guess this is what happened while Link was in Terminia, huh?

Anyway, I'm glad I got the chance to read this!
G01den Unicorn 11 chapter 10 . 1/12/2014
A brief anecdote to illustrate just how much I enjoy this: Just after I began reading this chapter, I realized that I would be in serious trouble tomorrow morning. (It is evening in my time zone, as I write this.) So I finished reading the chapter, and then I started freaking out and figuring out how best to handle the situation.

Just realized that Link went to Termina in the previous chapter. Subtle. Awesome.

Love his plan with the Stalfos, and the escalation between Ganondorf and Nabooru.

Ctrl-f "lead up" and "know why" for minor typos.
Seldavia chapter 9 . 1/2/2014
Biting my nails over how this will play out. I always wondered what happened to the other Gerudo in the Twilight Princess timeline. Does Zelda know that her father could quite possibly slaughter another race, particularly if Ganondorf refuses to yield and forces his people to fight to the last woman? Will Nabooru be spared for her role as a Sage?
Hylia'grace chapter 9 . 1/2/2014
I love this story!
Its so nice to find one that is about the gerudo or the alternate timeline.
Great work so far, i look forward to seeing what happens next
G01den Unicorn 11 chapter 9 . 1/2/2014
I am confused. Zelda says she trusts no one else to stop him. (Beautiful line, by the way. Best so far. If you top it, I will be surprised.) So she doesn't think Ganondorf will be stopped (or perhaps just stopped sufficiently) if she dies. But she literally just got done convincing him of the opposite of that.

Here's how I see the situation, from Ganondorf's perspective. If no one's heard the fight yet, no one's going to if he kills Impa. This leaves them plenty of time to flee back to the desert. Depending on his ethics, may leave a couple Gerudo behind to cause confusion, take out key military leaders (or rather, people who look like they might be key military leaders), etc. Once Hylians pursue them into the desert, Gerudo will see them from far away and have time to retreat to the Colossus. No way they're making it through the Haunted Wasteland, and if they do, their force will be significantly diminished, and there can't be that many who know how to survive in the desert. In short, I really don't see how a future battle against a fully intact Hyrule is better than a more immediate battle against a Hyrule with an assassinated royal family.

And now that I've typed all that, the obvious difference is that the Hylians could catch them before they return to the desert. But aren't they supposed to be thieves? They should be able to get at least a few hours' head start.

By the way, I've been plotting a post-OoT child-timeline fic for a while now. If you happen to see that pop up on my page, I swear I'm not stealing from you.
G01den Unicorn 11 chapter 8 . 1/1/2014
Reaction to first paragraph:
Wha-?
Ooh, this is new!
Wait, there's a 'Link fails' timeline.
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
G01den Unicorn 11 chapter 7 . 12/30/2013
Have I told you how awesome you are at description? Because... just... wow. I will definitely be referring to this chapter next time I have to introduce a character.

This chapter seems a bit weak in the details, but a review is no place for nitpicking, to my mind. I can send it through PM, if you wish it. Otherwise, I shall forget it and merely anticipate the next instalment.
Seldavia chapter 6 . 12/29/2013
I haven't said anything yet because I haven't seen any flaws up till now. And this isn't really a flaw, but I do have to point out that Ganondorf manages to do an awful lot in one night. Plus Ganondorf is essentially dropping by Zora's Domain at what must be 3am. I know King Zora isn't the brightest, and for all we know Zora as a whole have different sleep cycles, but he probably would object to Ganondorf visiting in the middle of the night.
G01den Unicorn 11 chapter 6 . 12/27/2013
Oh, this is glorious. Loved your description of the forest, and you definitely have the best Deku Tree I have yet seen. The dialogue between him and Ganondorf was just perfect.

So, when you said that Ganondorf would take the measure of its face... that ended up sounding a lot like a typical high school retort. (As in "What? That's stupid." "Your face is stupid.") I know that's not what you meant, but I couldn't stop thinking about it like that and I started giggling.
G01den Unicorn 11 chapter 5 . 12/22/2013
This keeps getting better. I love how you portray Ganondorf's relationship with his sisters. Perhaps this is merely my weariness speaking, but I am coming to see a parallel between him and Link, in that both stand somehow outside their people, and fight as hard as they can to protect them.

I know what's going to happen, and even so I must read on to see how you do it. Awesome.
SilverWind9 chapter 4 . 12/16/2013
The best sort of fanfic is one where readers know what has happened, what will happen, and what all the characters involved think of and believe, and yet it visits some new, untreaded ground that causes the reader to reflect upon the original work. You choose a good moment and great perspectives, and tantalize readers with possibilities. I hope that these chapters, loosely connected, are unified together in some way near the end.

As often as I read Zelda fics, I have never seen a writer besides you give Ganondorf depth and a range of emotions without veering wildly out of character. You seem to recognize that he can be sympathetic while still being power-hungry, wrathful, evil.
G01den Unicorn 11 chapter 4 . 12/16/2013
So I was really hoping that Ganondorf would take the emissary at his word, and then things would sour over a long period. However, I like his outburst once the man's gone far better. Very curious to see whether "I am sorry. I have grown tired, etc." was genuine or not.

Please don't take another year off.
G01den Unicorn 11 chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Nice! I like how you're able to draw heavily on Ganondorf's game-based motivations, and still make him distinctly your own character. Third chapter felt kind of random. Would have been nice to have had some indication that this would happen, but beautifully written nonetheless.
Call and Answer chapter 2 . 3/23/2012
What can I say? I love how you've written Ganon as a young king, his relationship with Nabooru and the Gerudo, how hes struggling. It's very believable and touching and if you keep going I may tear up (I'm just a sucker for wonderfully written fanfics :P) Update when you can, you have my full support
Mr Khan chapter 2 . 12/31/2011
You got more reviews this time :D.

Quite good and sensible. Demise confessed to be a liar and then lied to Ganondorf to stir his wrath, and Ganondorf follows it down.

Good intentions for his people will wrap into ego about making himself a living God, i assume, or is the story complete?