Reviews for Secret Poems
cranapplesurprise chapter 1 . 4/17
This was a stunning oneshot. I loved it.
BlatantBookworm chapter 1 . 3/27
This is impressive. Not a ship I'd ever have imagined, but you did it well.
Shipping Master Reader chapter 1 . 1/13
Wow! That was really good! I really want to see more Azula x Yue fics! :D
Anon chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
I liked how you contrasted Yue's competing duties here. It would be great if you did a follow up one day.
A fan chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Great story! There's not enough yue/azula stories out there and this one is awesome, i hope chapter two comes soon, and that azula lets down her guard around Yue

Keep up the good work!
Turkey in a suit chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
I understand why this is considered a crackfic.

The writers of Avatar never really developed Yue as much as they should have, she was just a northern water princess set in an arranged marriage and later gace up her life for her people, but the way you write this gave her more substance. She now she's more than just that water tribe princess that appeared in two or three episodes.

And maybe Azula is doing this just to feel that control over someone but I think she'd grown fond of Yue. As fond as someone who'd never really felt loved before in her life I guess. And some part of me suspects she knows that Yue is betraying her. Azula in canon doesn't seem like someone to appreciate art. That would be too iroh or ursa-like for her.

Very nicely written and I love the twist that her poems are actually encoded messages. If you ever write a sequel, I'll be sure to read it.
definatleynotafelineorcephalod chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
When I first saw the pairing I was all:

Yue/Azula? blegh...

But then I read it, and my attitude changed dramatically.

Never again shall I doubt the power of Azue. Or the power of your writing. You really give Yue character, something that she sort of had in the series, but was never really expanded on. Probably because she turned into a fish.

But this fic is very awesome(and so was Nele's fantabulous Jeeko, thanks for the rec!)

Oh, and before I forget, your Azula in this is spectacular. It's such a nice change to see her as something other than a total Magnificent Bastard, or a complete psycho. I like how you humanized her while still keeping with her personality.
G0d3ss0fD1sc0rd chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
this is the most cracktastic pairing ive EVER heard of. hmmm..Yuzula. interesting
Tar Irene chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Creepy, very creepy - but beautiful and haunting. It's a hopeless little world, but the end is nice and allows for a little more hope. As for Azula - I think you're right, that she's the type to learn from her 'mistakes' with Mai and Ty Lee - though it makes me wonder if she even cares for Yue a bit. Which is not necessarily completely out of character, in my view. Anyway, well crafted fic; your writing is brilliant as always.
Lunatique chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Ooh, such an intriguing AU. So I'm guessing in this universe Iroh successfully defended the Spirit Oasis, saving Yue's life. Also, am I a bad person for finding idea of a forced marriage between Azula and Yue hot as well as disturbing? I like all the little nuances here, that Yue doesn't find her captivity terrible though she is very conscious of where her luxurious lifestyle comes from, and that she takes some pleasure from her marriage bed though she obviously prefers men. (Wouldn't she think a more about Sokka, though, or has that wave passed, or is it too painful to remember him?) I also love the twist that her poems are encoded message for the resistance, and even ties into the Firelord and the Avatar episode. Also like the part about her "folded safely into bed," a very original and evocative turn of phrase. Good job!