Reviews for In Case of Emergency
SarahFlynn chapter 1 . 10/22/2020
This was incredible! From a creepy plot that had me on edge to heartfelt moments between the brothers, this was just absolutely amazing! I just loved it! Best yJ fan fiction yet.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2020
This is amazing, wonderful work! The way you weaved those flashbacks in in a way that was relevant to the story, and the general air of unease and uncertainty, and the way you somehow managed to maintain the tension practically the whole way through, all amazing! I’m also like so glad you included Roy in here, I’ve been hunting for fics that feature him and it’s harder than you’d think. The three boys’ relationship is really well-written, but I especially enjoy how Roy takes up this reluctant older brother role. Love it!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/1/2020
This is great I just wish it was put in chapters cause I have a hard time know where I left off
Guest chapter 1 . 8/11/2020
W o w, read this was an experience. Amazing
Desiree J chapter 1 . 7/29/2020
Holy shit that was amazing! It would be more convenient for reading if you broke it up into different chapters but having it like this works too. Definitely a favourite
ManarOfTheFire chapter 1 . 7/25/2020
2020
And this fic is most likely the best thing that happened to me this whole year so far! So freaking amazing!
Anemone chapter 1 . 7/20/2020
Thank you for writing and sharing this! Amazingly done! So suspenseful, I could really feel with them, Wally's desparation, and meeting the poor broken Robin after four weeks on the run was heartbreaking! Such a strong, well-written relationship between the three boys, and the flashbacks to their joking plans were a great instrument, not keeping the story from moving forward but adding context and explaining the next steps... And then the hacking scene- that must have been super difficult to write, such an abstract setting, but you mastered it perfectly! Firewalls closing in, a molotov cocktail of viruses, I could practically see him weaving lines of code! And then the big revelation, Batman and Luther both at the core of it... I think you could have spent a couple more sentences on the Forest guy (I did not now the original cannon), for a moment I feared that Robin would be fighting a spider-inflicted Batman as the final foe and Administrator. ("Wally and Robin are not a threat" was a great try, thanks for that scene!)
Roy's final stand against the League was epic too, and it was a good choice that in the end green Arrow brought him down, each young hero thus facing off against their mentor ..
I think you struck a very good balance all in all, perfectly conveying strong emotions, trust and distrust, showing the hurt of being betrayed by their mentors, building suspense without reverting to gore - Batman only lifting the Batarang before the scene changed, Wally remembering getting his legs broken but already healing without having to depict the scene itself...
All in all, a great story, thank you for writing and sharing!
Quacked Lurker chapter 1 . 7/15/2020
NICE.

Love how you reminded readers that human beings - people everywhere - NEED FREE WILL!
that without the ability to CHOOSE - and experience consequences - there is NO LIFE WORTH!

Utopia - a world without crime, a land without death and destruction, a nation that just ACCEPTS loneliness and suffering without FIGHTING to become BETTER - sounds lovely, but makes humanity robots.
Robots that may have all the programing in the world for 'optimal' choices and 'perfect' paths for longevity, but without experience to KNOW that it's the right decision for both selves and others.

(did have to pause in the middle of the story - tried reading in one sitting; it did not work).

LOVE how Dick Grayson/Robin and Wally/Kid Flash were able to save the world. (Roy was involved too).
Perhaps, it might have been nice for Batman's "certain satellite" to remain as overseer - but maybe not. As is, with the very-real evidence that it CAN simply override emotions and turn everyone into emotionally blank slates incapable of feeling or even caring, it's perhaps best that Batman (and the rest of the League) change it so the best it can do is OBSERVE ... no/limited input to suggestions ONLY.

I enjoyed how the young team of heroes & Heroines - while struggling emotionally and wrecked mentally because THEIR MENTORS were the ones to attack with crippling force - were able to escape and survive.
Granted, it was JUST survive as they attempted to plan, but they stayed free until the last week.

And to think - it all started because Rob/Dick shared a light-hearted version of "what would you do" type of emergency with his best friends.

NICELY DONE.
Thank you for writing and sharing.
latereactors chapter 1 . 6/29/2020
innnNNNcRrEEEEEdible! I love this, the perfect amount of tense and nerve wracking, enough to make me feel stressed but not too stressed lol. Very glad to have the lighter moments when they all planned to not have everything be too heavy, and the emphasis on friendship and teammates love it. Would love to see more of the mentors POV or their reactions after everything went down, and to have the mentors/proteges figure out their relationship and discuss ~emotions~
Nightwing Gurl chapter 1 . 6/26/2020
Woah! This is one of the best stories that I have read so far! Loved it!
IwriteTextsnotTragedies chapter 1 . 4/16/2020
That was the best thing I have ever read. Wow...Just wow. I don't have words for .
SunshineGirl14 chapter 1 . 4/2/2020
I'm rereading this fic for probably the 5th or so time ever and it remains in one my favorites! This is seriously so good that it could be a published book. It's certainly long enough! I love this and you are an incredibly talented writer! Thanks for writing this for all of us to read. :)
~SunshineGirl14
danakai-1111 chapter 1 . 4/2/2020
That was one hell of a ride. I... really liked it, in a it's-so-sad-why-did-I-click-in-the-first-place-but-it's-so-good kind of way. That's the short version. You can stop reading now. Unless you want the long version. Which you're getting one way or the other but it's okay I won't force you to read it.

First things first, the ambience of the story was so well set out, like I cannot stress that enough. I cannot pinpoint exactly where is it that this happened but something about the ominousness of the situation and the sheer suspense of surviving what pretty much is a post-apocalyptic world just got to me. You know that feeling when you're reading a book and somewhere along the line you've somehow managed to fall into the sea of words? Yeah, that's how I felt, I-feel-so-depressed-that-this-is-happening-but-it's-not-actually-happening-but-it-is-because-the-feeling-is-real-and-now-I-know-what-depression-feels-like also works too. Anyways, the genuine and raw conveyance of the emotions of despair and hopeless and everything you would feel in such a situation was just so well done that I cannot even express how good a read it was, but I cannot for the life of me highlight the single aspect that did it, not that it particularly matters, after all, you've completed your mission and made my day concurringly better and worse at the same time, not that it's necessarily a bad thing. Just not what I had in mind for a nice relaxing day. Something else I wanted to mention was the characterisation of each individual and the development of both the plot and said characters. Maybe it was something they did, or how they spoke, probably their thoughts, but anyway it enhanced the story all the more. All in all, kudos to writing such a phenomenal fic, I would also like to share that I think it could be an actual book, after you got over all the copyrights issues of course. And thank you for taking the time and effort, although you might not have had this in mind when you wrote this, I would like to let you know that your work was appreciated all the same.
Dawn chapter 1 . 3/21/2020
Excellent. I enjoyed the story.
I would like you to consider chapters. One massive chapter is not fun to read.
rgjflood chapter 1 . 2/21/2020
This story freaking broke my heart
505 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »