Reviews for In Case of Emergency
Jesters of the Moon chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Wow, I loved this. It's one hell of a long oneshot, but a beautifully crafted one at that. :)

The flashbacks created wonderful character development, and the mere idea of everyone on JL and the freaking world out to get Rob, Roy, and Wally is mentally scarring for the heroes. Very interesting.

The whole plot was intricate and extremely creative. I do not think I have ever seen such a deep plot with so many plot twists. You managed to create something very complicated and interesting and portray it in a way that was easy to understand and follow.

I found myself laughing at the boy's antics and ranting at the screen when things turned for the worst. The story is really thought-provoking and easy to become emotionally attached to.

The character's thoughts and feelings to the situations were incredibly realistic and really in-depth. I loved when you delved into their minds. :)

My only real critiques are few. One thing I wish you added was an interaction with the team- M'gann, Kaldur, Conner, and Artemis. It seems like after they were controlled they were brushed under the imaginary rug; like they weren't important anymore. I understand it may seem like they didn't hold any more influence in the story, but it would have been nice to receive some closure on them, considering they were present for one-half of the story. A second thing I wish you did was explain Robin's weird ability to see codes in the ending. I understand you (indirectly) explained it as damages to his brain from the nanites, but again, it would have been nice if you had went into more detail with that. Maybe a sequel? Perhaps you wanted to leave it at that to invoke mystery and allow the readers to draw their own conclusion? It is an effective tactic, and my mind is turning with the possibilities and side-effects if they were not just hallucinations and were much more serious than that solution. The final thing that you left untouched- that quite frankly bugs the fudge out of me- is that you did not explore the PTSD of Robin. Yes, you did mention briefly how KF and Roy were accepting of their mentors and understood their reasons for brutally attacking them. However, you failed to touch on the fact that the entire Justice League was after Rob and viciously attacked him. You would think that Robin would have severe trust issues outside of Roy and Wally, and even fear Batman. Or at the very least be wary of him. With Rob's mental breakdown on the night that he found Roy and Wally in Bludhaven, it seems like his sense of betrayal and fear of Batman and JL ran deep enough for it to transfer to them when he woke up. I was just disappointed that you did not have a Batman and Robin moment with him flinching away from his mentor's touch, and Rob mentioning the fact that Batman created the whole damn thing! A POV of Batman's guilt and remorse for being the sole initiator of the world's riots and distrust, the reason for his son's mental/emotional scars. I just wish that you'd touched on those aspects. You seemed to have set up a confrontation so nicely, only to wrap it up with Rob making a joke about ninjas instead.

Regardless of those qualms, I love this story. It's written extremely well and is a very clever idea.

I really loved it :)

-Bobby Corwen
mog the 13 moogle chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
That story was intense. It kept me hook all the way to the end.
rapidChangeIsImminent chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
O.O
Whoa. Amazing story, one of the few I have read on this site that diesn't have a 'deus ex machina', a 'god out of a machine'.
It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.
All in all, asterous story :)
Impressed anon chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Wow. This story was just. Wow. I really enjoyed it a lot. You had a wonderful plotline that kept me going the whole way. You have a very nice writing style, as well, that makes the story flow easily. Definitely one of the best fics I've read in a while! I look forward to reading more of your work if it's anything like this!
fanficfantasies chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
That was wonderful. Unbelievably, inexplainably wonderful. I'm glad that it turned to Dick, Wally, and Roy, the computer thing was awesome... I have nothing but love for this story. And the fact u so totally need to write another story like this. Soon. NOW. My Gosh, it had me hooked for hours and hours... gosh I can't believe it.
CutieSOS chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
This story was so intense.
BOOTTOTHEHEAD chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
;_; The end. So precious. MY BABIES.

Loved the whole thing, though. :) I wasn't expecting it to be as long as it was, but it was totally worth the long time sitting at my computer.
DefyingMyGravity chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
I must shamefully admit that I originally clicked on this story out of boredom and a need for procrastination. I was trying to avoid writing the newest chapter of my story, and I found this and thought it might be interesting to read. And, as of right now, I apologize for thinking of this story as anything other than the amazing piece of art it is.

The emotion, which so many writers seem to be lacking in their stories these days, was absolutely choking me with tears, horror, shock, hopefulness, and, at the seemingly oddest of moments, laughter. I was stuck in the grasp of this story just as surely as the characters were in their mind control. I almost didn't want the problems to end.

Having to face the fact that you're one of the only people left in a corrupted world is hard enough, but to know that all the people are there and yet not there is so much worse. Sometimes I almost didn't want to finish the story, for fear of the ending. And, in the end, having to make the choice between something so tempting and something right...I don't think I could've done it. So much could've been made better in the world, but having no free will makes it feel so terrible.

You almost make it seem like there's something more to this when Dick wakes up. How the data floats around him, considering it was written earlier that nanites were in a high concentration in his brain, feels like there's something more coming.

And, did I mention that your one-shot has more words in it than I've probably written in my whole life?!
DMG
Guest chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Okay, this is the best YJ fanfic I have ever read. I am not even exaggerating. I am in love with your writing. I Really hope you make a sequel, since it sounded like you were hinting at something at the end. Anyway, excellent story! :D
Black Friar chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
You need to write another fic, this was awesome. I got a little confused at some of the computer stuff but that had everything to do with my lack of tech savvy and nothing to do with your excellent writing. Fantastic story. Going on my favourites.
Lakeshine chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
This was amazing so many emotions and self sacrifice plus the love shared between the three, the unbreakable bond the three boys shared. The way they pushed themselves past their limits and still kept going. The way Robin nearly gave everything for the belief that people deseve to make their own choices. All together fantastic story and you betrayed Robin, Roy, and Wally amazingly I loved it
DeadDeadaccount0000 chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
-_- it took me THREE DAYS to get through this. Don't be fooled by that face- I LOVED IT! It was awesome! I was Alternately sad and hopeful throughout the entire thing; way to swing those emotions! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Balrog Roike chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Wow, just wow
DarkDragonne chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Wow. I usually avoid the book-length one shots because they're a pain to keep track of, but I'm gld I took the time for this one. The plot, the characterization, everything!

I especially liked the computer scene, you did a great job of describing how Robin saw everything inside, as pictures rather than just code.

They were from the comics? I didn't realize that. But the spidery devices did remind me of the TV show Falling Skies.
freedomtoaster chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Oh god it was so GOOD. SO. GOOD. Holy crap, I'm impressed right now. i love your writing! Just enough angst to pull at the heart strings and almost make me want more, yet not so much it made me feel yucky. AND just enough Bro-ness to make me want to curl up into a little ball of happy. :D You did a really good job of balancing it out. Made me feel glad to have read it.
two thumbs up.