Reviews for In Case of Emergency
Joyfulldreams chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
My god, there are only so many times I can say 'this is one of the best fanfiction I have ever read' before I repeat myself. This will forever be on my list of best reading EVER, and...and...God, this has left me speechless.

The plot, the characters, the everything, the descriptions, the emotions, all of the excitement and I swear to God that battle in the computer system was one of the coolest things I have EVER READ. I was literally jumping up and down with excitement and fell out of my chair.

At first, I thought Dick was dead at the beginning and I was already crying all like 'Oh my god Wally is going to find his ROTTING CORPSE in the Batcave oh no' but then it was like 'YAY HE'S ALIVE' but then it was all 'Oh my god ROBIN ROBIN ROBIN *sob sob sob* THE PLOT IS AMAZING WTF IS GOING TO HAPPEN WHY IS THIS HAPPENING AAAAAAAH'

Everything is perfect, perfect, perfect, so PERFECT and while it was a daunting read I will never, ever regret it.

I can't say it is my favorite thing, but everything about this is my favorite thing but I'll say it anyway, was how you Incorporated a THEME, and how it was Batman's paranoia that did this was just the ICING ON THE CAKE, and how controlling everyone was just an extension of that - sort of like what Batman did in The Justice Lords universe in that Justice League episode. But then it had the added awesomeness of Dick Grayson's character, and I swear that moment when Dick says he knows that it's better to have a choice - I thought of how useless and hopeless he must have felt, watching his parents die, and Dick Grayson is one of the most amazing characters in the DCU for a REASON and you captured the essence of what makes him such a great character, great leader, hero, friend, and PERSON.

But he does have flaws, and he tried to consider giving himself up, of doing TOO MUCH and Wally came in and just reeled him back in, because Dick Grayson is awesome but he has to be careful before he ascends to another plane of existence as a God, that must happen a lot to him, poor chap!

GOD ALMIGHTY. (hah)

I do have a few questions, though...

1. Where was Kaldur during all this? I didn't see anything about Aqualad anywhere, and while I'm definitely not implying anything - maybe he was just in Atlantis or something when everything went down and he never participated with them, whatever.

2. Why didn't the team (sans Kaldur, apparently) get stuck with the spider-things? What protected them from that initial attack? Maybe there was something about it in there that I missed in all the excitement, but it nagged at me a bit.

3. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? IS ROBIN GOING TO HAVE THAT THING STUCK IN HIS BRAIN FOREVER? IS THERE A SEQUEL?
woodspritethatconqueredpeople chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
This is an amazing and beautiful story, and the effort that you put into it really shines through. I like that you took something so silly like zombie contingency plans, and made it so emotionally powerful. I'd leave a better review, but I'm not so great at leaving reviews and such. This is a real gem of a fic. Stories like yours are why I read fanfiction. :)
Eaglator23 chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Oh my god... This story was amazing!
Latingeek chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Okay I've finished looking over other reviews and I can't really add anything without repeating.

But I would like to say that this is amazing and it's just wow. That being said this fic is probably top ten out of anything I've ever read (not just fics).

That's all I can say because reading this dropped my battery to 11% from 60%. But it was soooo worth it. Keep writing because you are AMAZING.
Jadeyuy chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
I loved it i loved it I LOVED IT! Great job!
One Point Perspective chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
This is, and I say this without a hint of exaggeration, one of the best fanfics I've ever read, and I've read a lot of fanfics over the past 6 years. It took me 2 1/2 hours to read and I don't regret a single second.

I think one of the greatest hallmarks of your writing is your ability to leave me wanting so much more. This situation you've created leaves so many questions in my mind - how did the Justice League get those chips in them in the first place? How did Roy escape Green Arrow in his apartment? Which Leaguers tried to kill Robin, and how did he survive? How will they all deal with the aftermath? These are questions that will likely never be answered, and that's okay - the fact that I'm thinking about these things at all says that you've done your job as a writer and made me believe in this world and care about the fate of the characters in it.

You say that it took you months to complete this story, and all your hard work shines through. I love the way you construct the strong bonds between Wally, Dick, and Roy through flashbacks and show how those bonds remain intact during this terrible situation. Their interactions were so genuine - I've speculated about theoretical zombie apocalypses with my friends as well, and these guys actually have the resources to carry out their contingencies, so the premise of the whole story is sound. The plot progresses in a realistic and captivating manner; I could see the whole thing play out in my mind like a movie.

(Also, can I just say how lovely it is to find a lengthy, well-written, action-packed friendship fic in this fandom? This story will forever be my answer to people who say that gen is "boring" or "pointless" or "not worth writing.")

The whole plot twist of Batman inadvertently being the cause of all of this is brilliant. It is totally believable that his paranoia would have disastrous and unforeseen consequences like this, and I wonder if this will change his attitude about metahumans and his need to control everyone and everything (and there I go speculating again).

There is so much more that I would like to say about this incredible story (like Robin's journey into the Matrix, how awesome was that?), but I really have to go to bed now, so I'll just end this review by thanking you so much for sharing this with us. All the time and effort you put into this story is much appreciated.
Poiroo chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Wow. Just, wow.

Great plot, great characterization, and I was blow over by your writing.

And this : "Robin had cracked a smile and remarked as he quickly backpedaled, "You've totally been body-snatched, haven't you? I knew you were acting weird!"". Pure win.

Many, many thanks for posting this :)
music nimf chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
That was intense! I spent all afternoon reading this (totaly skipping lunch). The sun is going down now. Just want to let you know why this review will be a missplled, inarticulate mess.

I was pretty much an emotional reck from the part with Robin choosing to giv people their free choice back and on. When Kid Flash told Flash that it was alright, just like he would for him with that gesture, I just may have teared up a bit.

I never get tired of Roy's backhanded statements about Oliver. Never. LOL Roy, you totaly care about him and what he thinks of you. You fool no one.

The entire part with Robin in the computer gave me fun Tron-like images and was just amazeballs.

I don't know if this was posted in segments on Livejournal, but I think that this would read better in chapters than as a one-shot. The entire time I read it, it felt a bat awkward that it just kept going. It's just a lot of ideas and storylines for one go. I feel that the physical spacing of chapters would better help organize it.

That's all. I enjoyed it obviously. Great job. Pat yourself on the back for me. You deserve it, truely. Ciao.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
WOAH! THAT WAS EPIC IN THE MOST EPIC OF WAYS! THAT WAS TOTALY WHELMING
Bat-dove chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Wow. Why is it that only Wally makes it out with minimal injuries and no brain jacking? And I know Robin's right. Ninjas sneak up on pirates.
muuu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Just what even. This is the greatest Young Justice fic I have ever read. It was so long, and took me just as long to read, but God, it was amazing. The entire plot with everything was just so creative and fantastic, I just can not even.
mgcrtr chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
This was Ibeautiful/I. It was so powerfully and wonderfully thought out. I don't know if it will make you happy or sad for me to say that I didn't cry until Wally was being pulled away from Dick's body. However, there were so many moments when I was filled with complete and utter dread and the only thing that kept me reading when I thought the situation was hopeless was home much more was left of the fic. Thank you so much for this wonderful piece! Toward the end, I was a little distorted with the time placement and order of events and what exactly was happening in Rob's room, but perhaps that was because of my quick reading (so cry much pleading for a happy ending I skimmed to get there) bu nevertheless, just thought to let you know. I hope everything I read can compare to this peice now. Love.
AGirlWonder chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Since I love the idea of OMACs/Brother Eye and usually hate the canon execution, I was really happy to see them at the end of this story. It was wonderful, thank you so much for writing it.

Also, ouch/yikes: "Roy, are you high or something?"

Haha, oops.
FallenHope-Angel chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
That was the most epic fan fic i have ever read. i loved all of it! the whole contingency plans and the take over by machine for world peace. it was bril!
Coelacanthic chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
... This...

This is FANTASTIC.

It's elegantly written, everyone (well, as much as possible) in character down to the tee, their emotions conveyed beautifully, the scenario so gripping and invoking that I couldn't put it down in to the very end.

Ninja will always kick pirate butt.
505 | « Prev Page 1 .. 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 .. Last Next »