Reviews for In Case of Emergency
E chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
This is the best Young Justice fic I've seen so far. You obviously put a lot of work and thought into it, and it shows.

The writing is top notch - grammar and spelling are excellent, but it goes beyond mechanics. Your writing is very vivid - nice description without becoming too florid, small sentences that let the reader visualize the surroundings - such as when you describe numbers swimming around Robin like a school of fish.

I really like the structure of the story - the flashback aspects of the original contingency plans add a nice level, reminding us that these are kids, and that their worst nightmare is going up against their mentors. There's also lots of great humorous moments in here, which do an excellent job of providing some levity to such a dramatic, heavy, and well done topic. I also like your exploration onto the morality of mind controlling the bad guys - no crimes vs. the issue of no free will.

While Robin is my favorite member of YJ, and I think you did an excellent job of writing him IC, I really like your Wally even more. His separation from and fear of Barry, whom he adores, is well written. This is probably the best fic I've seen that really fleshes Wally out as a character. I love his concern for his teammates and his desparation as he's separated from his two oldest friends. I like how there's a reason for everyone to be trying to kill Robin, besides the torture that most writers love to put the Boy Wonder through. Your Roy is excellent as well.

Like any good story, this one leaves the reader wanting more - I like how you end it, with the question hanging in the air of the effect of the nanos on Robin. A fic exploring the ramifications of everything, including the League's guilt over their mind controlled actions would be excellent, but also a little greedy. Marvelously well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
your story is awesome, it took me the better part of two and a half hours to read, but still, seriously awesome. also thanks for not writting your story as a bunch of chapters, it would have driven me mad waiting for the next one to come out.
DayDreaming0f y0u chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
OH my gosh! I could not stop reading. This was great! Fantastic! So sad pretty much all the time. Until the ending of course. Dude, I don't know what to say about this that would be able to remark on everything that happened. I'm seriously at a loss for words. It's insane. I'm still reeling in it all. Amazing. Just, wow. You did a freaking wonderful job. I just don't know how to go about reviewing this beautiful monster of a work. I was truly captivated. I really don't know what to say. Thank you so much for writing it! And then uploading it!
ReginaCaelum chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Oh my goodness, that was amazing! Such a great plot, with excellent emotion and realistic imagery. The characterization of all three boys was perfect, not too angsty. Robin's foray into the OMAC was FASCINATING, and you explained it so well. And Roy's drunken stupor made me giggle :)

Over all, great job!

-RC
Terina00 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Wow. I'm absolutely floored. It's beautiful. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Great job!

I'm not a shipper in this fandom, so I'm glad you kept all the relationships platonic.

(Robin's right; ninjas beat pirates.)
Envious Yet chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
This was wonderful, truly well-written with plenty of drama, angst, and even a little comedy to go around. I loved the brolinees of Wally, Dick, and Roy, that was amazing and I liked how you finished it up. For something so long, it moved along well. :)
Wotcher Lupin chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Amazing story. Although kinda long for one chapter, it was great. The characters were all in character and acted realistically. I would only say that the ending was a little abrupt and would love to see something a little more. Other than that, it was an awesome read, and I'll probably reread it again soon!
Person chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
I loved this! It was utterly fantastic, especially the Wally/Dick/Roy friendship. Wow. Just wow. I am very curious about the ramifications of this though. Seems like there are going to be some trust issues from now on. Anyway, great work!
13LuckyWishes chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Holy.

Crayola.

On a stick.

I'm so speechless my faux curses don't even make sense. This- this is one of the most intelligent *things* I've read in a while. This was a fifty-thousand word oneshot I read in one sitting. I meant to get off an hour ago because my eyes started hurting from the computer glare and I'm exhausted and I need to study for exams, but this makes the slightly increased headache from not leaving so very, very worth it. Where do I begin? I found this recommended on TVtropes, and was all "Cool, zombie oneshot!" 25,000 words later I think I might be in love with you. 50,000 and there's no question of the fact. After a day of silly, Wally-whumping fanfics this is so solid, well-thought-out and fulfilling in every single way I think I might follow everything you write forever like a lost puppy. Also, I don't doubt it took you months to finish. It's like... when you come across a cool idea, but then think at the end "But there was so much more that could have been done with it!" Except you did the so much more. And then *kept going.* I mean, the characterization, development, interactions, plot, philosophy, sequence of events, pacing, and oh my goodness the ending... I think I may have found *one* typo but I don't even remember where and frankly I don't think it's physically possible for me to care less.

Yeah, normally my reviews are a whole less rambly and starry-eyed than this, but there's just no other way I can put it than "I love you and promise to review everything you write forever if you just please keep being quite this awesome." For srs.

Okay, I'm going to go shove this in the face of everyone I know that might remotely be interested. And everyone else, too, for that matter.

TTFN (Ta ta for now)!
Lina Cross chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
This is possibly THE most amazing thing I've ever read on fanfiction. It made me *feel*, you know? The only complaint is that it should have been in chapters, but I couldn't stop reading long enough to think about it too much. I love everything you did with this, and I totally can't even explain it in words. It was just so... well thought-out. Everything seemed like it could actually happen, somehow. Great, fabulous, fantastic, wonderful job.
Blue Skyes101 chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Wow, this was an amazing oneshot. So well-thought out and well-written. Great job. :)
Sonza chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
That was so freaking epic. Seriously I just could not stop reading, I should have been asleep an hour or so ago but I needed to know how this would end, for a minute I thought it was just a dream they were having but then I realized that it really was happening, it was just really good. You did an amazing job, worth the read I really liked it.
KrC chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
There are no words that can properly describe the level of awesome that his fic is. Everything was just perfect, and I am so glad you made such an original piece! It would be awesome if you posted a short chapter on how everyone is recovering, say, a month later (especially Robin) but there is no pressure for you to do that, since this fic alone was a marathon effort. Once again, no words to describe the brilliance of this.
BlackMarionette chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Omg. The sheer length of this...! When I got the alert saying you had posted this I had to do a double-take and the word count. I thought to myself 'is fanfiction malfunctioning?' It wasn't it seems.

That...was just...amazing! Your writing was impeccable and entertaining and I practically was having a mental break down along with KF towards the end! It's just...I don't know what to say...it's beautiful! And again, the length! I love long stories :) so much. So many emotions. No lie. I was on the verge of tears sometimes and freaking out other times...it was a rollercoaster of emotion hahaha.

The relationship between Roy, Wally, and Dick was too heartwarming! Especially when Roy was like 'I have to be the one to protect them' and then he tells them to leave :') by the way, drugged up Roy. Loved him. Wally was too cute when he was afraid of finding out about Dick (is it weird that I think that?).

Oh! And oh my gosh, you mentioned schrodinger's cat! I had mini nerd spasm of joy at that xD and the fact that I know all about the things Wally mentioned!

This is a masterpiece. Really. I loved the descriptions of the 'cyberworld' that Rob was working his way through. And the twist about the creator! I wasn't expecting that even though like Robin said, Bats /would/ do something like that.

...I don't know what else to say...I'm tired xD I should be asleep but I'm reading this! And typing this review! Whatever! Thanks for writing :)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
As I'm typing this, my clock is saying that it's 1:20 in the morning and I have classes in about 6 hours. Forgive me if this review is short and offers little to no constructive criticism, but I simply must let you know that this story is FANTASTIC. Your months of hard work definitely shows, not only by the sheer length of this fic, but also through its stellar plot, writing, and characterization. (There were some typos here and there, but due to the length, I'm not up to looking through it again.)

Absolutely loved the bromance between Roy, Dick, and Wally.

Unfortunately, I really should go to sleep now, so I must end my gushing here. Again, this is marvelous. One of the best fics I've read so far in this fandom.
505 | « Prev Page 1 .. 22 29 30 31 32 33 .. Last Next »