Reviews for Holes in the Holidays
ElegantButler chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
You are spot on with your sentiments. It is very hard to lose a brother. I've just done so only recently, and there are times, even now, when I have to restrain myself from calling his old phone number or send a joke or picture to his old email. We weren't as close as Fred & George, sadly, but it is still a very hard thing to deal with.

I know one day my sisters and brother will all be reunited in Heaven along with the rest of the family. The fact that I cannot join them right away, as I have a task to perform for a few years (at least) after my own death as a Reaper is a burden which their joy lessens for me and I know that one day I, too, will be reunited with them.
NBrokenShacklesN chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
another post that made me cry! you are a really good author!
theircatlives chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
This was beautiful. Wonderful. Perfect. Flawless. An instant favourite.

My condolences on hearing the loss of your grandpa.
Minna26 chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
This story was beautiful and so true! Well done!
kahpfan chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Beautifully written - I am in tears after reading this. I lost my Grandad in June 2007 8 days after my birthday. He was my best friend and the person I always turned to for advice. Even now the hole he left behind is there and although people always say it gets easier I don't think that's true. I think you just become more accustomed to living with the hole, but it never fills and I certainly haven't found it any easier. The one comforting thought is that he is no longer suffering and that he is safe in heaven and I will see him again some day God willing. Your story is so true and so carefully written - many of the thoughts Charlie expresses are thoughts that have passed through my mind in the passing years.

Thank you for a wonderfully reflective piece of writing.

serenityselena chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
sad moments... but time heals he wounds _
The Phoenix Order chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
This is beautiful. Thank you so much.
TriGemini chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
This was really sad to read. But great nevertheless.

The first ones are always the hardest and even though, as time goes by and it kind of gets better-it doesn't change the fact that you still miss those who aren't around to share the moment with you or the rest of the family.

Again, I enjoyed it, a lot.
PhoenixQueen16 chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
So sad and nostalgic...I really liked it!

Hearts & Flames...

Just Your Average Evil Genius chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
So sad... D; its alwayd hard losing a family member.