Reviews for A Portrait of England
Awkward Inc chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
This is fucking brilliant, just that.
kimi-ebi chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
I love it :). It's so sad and beautiful. Thank you so much for this one !
Ceilo chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
This is another completely brilliant story. You captured the atmosphere perfectly, and France's painting is both wonderful and heartbreaking. The fact that it was named by someone else is a nice touch too.
Versatile chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Hey !

I'm french, so I can't speak english very well, even if I understand it quite easily. So, sorry for the mistakes. ;)

I just love your fiction ! It's so captivating, every details, descriptions were so accurate, it's amazing ! After reading it, I just wanted to draw the portrait of England. I really way you write. Thanks for this.

Merci pour cette perle, ce petit bijou qui a illuminé une période sombre de ma vie.
Sora Resi chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Brilliant. Just brilliant!
Pookey chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
The way you had both of them interact made me weep with joy. This was beautifully written. This is true Art!
AllHeroesWearHats chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
This is amazing...I have no other words for this. I love it so much, there's so much attention to detail and your choice of words is honestly captivating. Thank you so much for writing this.

Anon chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
This was really nice :D Especially since I'm reading/learning about the Great War/WWI in school right now :P so yeah. I like how it's written and it seems pretty historically accurate (the trenches, the poisonous gas) and yeah. :D Good job!
Homura chan chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I really enjoyed this.

Your way of writing mae it feel like I was Arthur! D:

Nice work.
crossfire92 chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
I remember reading this back on LJ.

This is still so amazing to me, even after reading it so many times before.

The way you characterise the two of them is just perfect, and I can really sympathize with them.

You did a truly great job.
1silentmouse chapter 1 . 12/8/2011