Reviews for A Test of Troubles
Haven't read anything like this before, very original. I like it :)
Rape is never a cool idea to base part of a fiction plot on. It's demeaning.
Perry Downing chapter 4 . 4/10
I've always loved this one. Excellent job.
Cause-and-Author chapter 4 . 4/9
Ah, well played! I appreciate the cunning and forethought displayed here, and welcome the idea of Amant running away for and with her. Well played!

I also liked the show-don't-tell of Hermione's scene, very nice. Overall, a hard but fun read. Thanks for sharing!
Cause-and-Author chapter 3 . 4/9
The scenes with Perdita were lovely! Thank you for portraying her daughter as brilliantly as we all know any child of Hermione's would be. I also very much appreciated the way you handled the Hermione / Jenny split. I begin to see how Jenny came to be, in fear and panic rather than forethought.
Cause-and-Author chapter 2 . 4/9
Snape still seems too open, too uncontrolled. But I feel like you've got the essence right, especially with his very fatalistic views. Almost as if this were a Snape with his Shields down, so to speak.

Your Hermione is very cold here, and very hard. I would have expected more "Sara Connor" type actions - paranoid, cautious, quick with her wand and fiercely protective of her daughter and her life. I'm a bit disappointed that she's taking such poor care of herself.
Cause-and-Author chapter 1 . 4/9
An interesting opening. I admit that it feels like Snape is missing something; I have a difficult time hearing his dialogue in his voice because I always perceive him as being much more tightly in control of his emotions and reactions. Your Snape seems very unwound, and I'm honestly not yet sure how I like that.

You handled Malfoy Manor and the assault very well, like a punch to the gut, and you've painted a terrible picture of Hermione. I'm looking forward to the rest.
Snaperipper chapter 4 . 1/31
I knew that I had never heard of Whitville. I have heard of Wilkes Barre though because that is where I call home. lol
Oh dear. A horned grebe? That made me laugh out loud. x)
Thank you for sharing this with us!
Just had to say it, though it seems you're not active on ff anymore.
The way their relationship is portrayed...! You've perfected the art of telling without telling. And their interactions are both lighthearted and serious at once. Love it!
EwigeStudentin chapter 4 . 11/23/2014
I really liked it and didn't think there could have been a happy end after the third chapter! I'll miss his billow, but his cottage just a floo call away sounds like a good compensation :)
GrinningCat chapter 4 . 10/4/2014
Very touching and bitter-sweet. You are a very good writer.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/15/2014
Oh I live this story so much! It is one of my favorites on fanfiction and I come back to reread it often. Thank you!
narratively chapter 4 . 7/13/2014
You are so very, very talented. Thank you so much for writing and sharing. I do hope you'll continue on with your other stories. I love the world you write in.
jensteed chapter 4 . 7/13/2014
It was a really sweet, romantic way to be together (way to go severe, hehe) great little story :)