Reviews for A Test of Troubles
Moonchild1212 chapter 4 . 1/1/2013
Wow. THis is so different from anything else I've read. Awesome. I loved it. It was heartbreaking but lovely! Thank you for writing!
Diosa Luna chapter 4 . 11/29/2012
awww que dulce..
ExAmoreDolorem chapter 4 . 11/7/2012
I hate the name Perdita! I get it, Perdita was the name of Hermione's daughter in Shakespear's book, but it's so goddamn cliche to name her daughter Perdita. And "Perdy"? Good god that's awful! "Dita" is much less horrible. Nevertheless, this is an interesting and touching story, especially chapters 3 and 4. Severus' choice to change his name and return to Hermione was very sweet.
Elou chapter 4 . 8/4/2012
Lovely.
Elou chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Oh my. So heart breaking a description of what was once an innocent child, who now loves her own child I am sure. So sad.
snapify52 chapter 4 . 6/18/2012
Wow. That was so dirty and heartbreaking and beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing that.
Theolyn chapter 3 . 6/3/2012
Another beautiful work by dressagegirl. It's spare and clean and heartbreaking and wonderful. It gave a wonderful evening last night. Thank you.
earlyable chapter 4 . 6/1/2012
...aww! That's adorable! I absolutely totally truly fell I'm love with your story. It's beautiful in character, plot and writing.
ljpjcg chapter 4 . 4/5/2012
This is definitely a 'love it'. So much pain she's experienced, I'm so glad Sev found her and still loves her despite her abandonment.
cbrendible chapter 4 . 3/16/2012
That was different but very good. I hope to read more of your work in the near future.
stgulik chapter 4 . 2/29/2012
I read this on the hgss_exchange, but I had to come back and visit it again. At the risk of sounding bitter, it's rare to read one of these where the ss half completely changes his life out of devotion for the hg half. And it doesn't hurt that this is wonderfully written as well. Thank you for sharing with us, I just loved it.
VioletMarauder chapter 4 . 2/29/2012
Love it! Beautiful and believable. Thank you!
darklotus1211 chapter 4 . 2/23/2012
*WARNING TO POTENTIAL READERS OF THIS STORY - THIS REVIEW HAS SPOILERS*

This was a very good tale - touching, sad, believable within the premise - and, unlike some, I found the ending very satisfactory in that it fitted. While it was a happy ending - it was open ended and hopeful - it wasn't a fairytale one, and I liked that. I'd have found an ending where she blythely jumped back into Wizarding Britain unsatisfying, as it would have been something the Hermione in this world would not have done.

She's a mature woman in this, a parent, who's made a decision to protect her child from the stigma she'd bear if she were to return at this time.

If she ever were to return, I can imagine perhaps a slow understated return to the fringes after many years, when her daughter had reached adulthood and enough time had passed that most wouldn't find it an event of great note, or perhaps a discreet reunion with a few trusted friends a few years down the track. Very low key, if it happened.

I thought you portrayed the characters very well, and gave a surprising amount of depth and insight to them given the length of the story, and I loved the bittersweet mood you set - AND you still managed a happy ending that didn't make me roll my eyes in disbelief!

A lovely, mature, believable piece.

Thanks for this, and well done!
kitty-gurl1 chapter 4 . 2/17/2012
awwww very cute ending to such a sad seeming tale
celticreeder chapter 4 . 2/9/2012