Reviews for The Coming Of Arthur Part One And a Half
clh chapter 1 . 2/16
I like the story itself, but I have to disagree that there's anything wrong with the episode being called "The Coming of Arthur". All Merlin did was get flown to a lake by a dragon, take a little boat ride, get handed a sword, whack some would-be immortal knights with a blade that made them explode into dust at a single touch, knock over a cup, and bash Morgause into a wall with some magic.

Arthur got shot with a poisoned arrow, spent a night in a terrible fever that almost killed him, woke up the next day and limped all the way to Camelot, tried to take back the city on a poisoned leg wound with a growing fever, saw his father captured by an evil sorceress, found out that not only was his foster sister his actual sister but that she had sold him and everyone else he loved down the river, somehow managed to put that aside and convince himself to go and fight his own sister in order to her to stop her from killing his father and oppressing his people on no more prompting than an "Everyone's depending on you" and a cliche "You don't know until you try", fought his way through an immortal army with a weapon that COULDN'T kill them and freed all the knights of Camelot and the King.

If Merlin accomplished more it was only because he had more power, advantages and a dragon-forged sword. Arthur went through way more crap, so I think he's got every right to the episode title, especially since Merlin's already got the entire show named after him.

What Merlin may or may not have done in between episodes also isn't very relevant, because A) we don't know, and B) you don't name an episode for what happens off-screen. Besides, while Merlin was running around after the bare necessities, Arthur was probably going through in his head all the times in the past several months that he had thought Morgana was helping him but was actually helping the enemy, which isn't exactly a vacation. So on the whole, I think Arthur probably had a worse time sitting against that wall than Merlin had running around the forest dodging soldiers. Sure, Merlin would have been sad that their predicament was all due to a former friend, but A) he'd had months (or longer if you count the time since "The Witch's Quickening") to get used to it, B) he only knew Morgana for a year or two before she started turning on them, and C) he hadn't spent the past several months with her acting super affectionate towards him leading him to believe that her year-long absence had made them closer than ever only for it to turn out that she was faking it the whole time. Yep, Arthur definitely went through more.
Virgo Galadis chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
Good gap filler, explaining many things (how they got out of Camelot, Merlin sending a letter to Lancelot), it was an enjoyable read. Bonus credit for staying canon and linking to the actual episode really well! ;) I liked the idea that Merlin became the group's leader and how they respected him, but his quarrel with Gaius was a little OOC in my opinion. I wished to see a bit more Merlin-Arthur interactions, but otherwise it was a good fic!

Virgo Galadis
Agypsythetan chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
I'm sorry your story started out interesting, but it was so far OOC for Merlin when he threatened Gaius that I stopped reading it & couldn't finish!
ebhg chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
This is a lovely take on that time between these episodes. Well done!

ebhg:)
Alligates chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Aaah, that was... perfect. You are very right, no one really appreciated how much Merlin was actually doing :) thank you for showing us that.
bluespiritgal chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Excellent canon filler to the episode. You did a marvelous job! A campanion piece/idea would be to this filler from Gwaine's point of view, his thoughts on how Merlin sticks by Arthur, cares for him and how Merlin takes on the leadership, maybe even some supportive "bromance" between Merlin and Gwaine that gives Merlin that extra bit of strength to keep pushing forward. Just a suggestion. It was a marvelous read!
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
So much love for this!
jameson1155 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Excellent job! I had been looking for a story that would bridge the gap between the two episodes and you did it just like I would have pictured it. Thanks so much!
queroro chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
I love you so much for this, thank you. It was an excellent read, you got me really into it.

You are brilliant. just. awesome.
sarajm chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
I loved this story. It was a nice look at what very likely did go on between those scenes.
Thomson chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Good story!
Lady Willamina chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
I think it was perfectly understandable of Arthur to go into a deep depression after all that happened in Part 1. His fever seemed to parallel the intensity of the pain he must have experienced due to that evil witch's betrayal and cruelty.

Merlin's feelings and experiences were portrayed very convincingly. His character needs to be in charge of things sometimes so i'm glad he did here.
Knighted-Geek chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
I loved that, would love to see something else like that. Great work. :)
Define X chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
*applause* What a wonderful little piece! It's so hard to find good Merlin fiction, and I believe I've stumbled onto a real gem here. ;) Thank you for writing this for us. Well done! :)
ArodieltheElfofRohan chapter 1 . 12/8/2011