Reviews for Catching the Sun
TheDrawingDemon chapter 8 . 11/27/2017
I really loved and I mean LOVED this fanfic!It’s so amazing!I can’t even put it into words!
freyja0taku chapter 1 . 10/9/2017
This is great! Very touching. Chap 7 is what got me the most. Especially the "And maybe, just maybe, he could stop waking up in the morning feeling disappointed that he woke up as himself." Hit too close to my heart. xD
DELETE-TH1S-ACC0UNT chapter 8 . 1/29/2016
This is the most freaking adorable thing I have read for a very long time. Wow.
vspirit chapter 8 . 10/22/2015
Wow. Ju...just wow. Thank you for writing this. I teared up while reading this at work (slow day) and had to use camouflage actions to somehow cover up the fact that I was really wiping my eyes from the co-workers sitting near me (especially the one sitting directly across from me).

Bookmarking this for future revisits. DD
TheCastorbean chapter 6 . 7/3/2015
Oh my god. I read the sentence village Pariah and have to ask if you watched a video on youtube with 30 seconds to Mars This Is War playing.

THECASTORBEAN

PokeyDotes chapter 8 . 4/17/2015
This story was very beautifully done. There were times when my chest ached and I was close to tears. Even though the characters are from a children's book/cartoon, you wrote them in such a believable and realistically human way. Very, very well done.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/3/2014
Braiding his hair. Just like in httyd 2 ·
Invosodude chapter 6 . 11/17/2014
Hiccup was caught master to the bating 0_o
Malica15 chapter 8 . 11/15/2014
Oh my goodness, man! This was amazing! Do you always make stories like this? If you do, then I'm sure I'll read your books if you ever become one of the great and famous authors. Actually, you're already an amazing author, all you need to do is be famous. :) Good luck, and thanks for the story! :D
Nagareboshi Star chapter 8 . 11/9/2014
You could tell between the start of this story and the end that your writing had improved over the time-span in which you wrote it. A very beautiful story, and you pretty much explained the dynamic between Hiccup and Astrid very well, making it palpable and logical and in the end more romantic considering the first movie. You get an insight on Hiccup's emotions and goals, and the way Astrid maybe felt about him, and how he was spurned, in the end, by her words. It's pretty much how I imagine their relationship before HTTYD1 - I believe even DW admitted that Astrid LIKED Hiccup before Toothless and all, just she saw feelings as a weakness when wanting to become a dragon-slaying Viking.

All in all, a wonderful story with a great ending. Fantastic work.
le.pechi chapter 8 . 8/25/2014
beautiful ending.
:'D
loved it!
Jtgil chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
Fantastic! I loved it! That was really well written! "Mental gymnastics" haha, just awesome! Well done!
anonymime chapter 8 . 8/7/2014
This was really fantastic, one of best HTTYD fics that I've read. Thank you for sharing, it was adorable.
scarlacat chapter 8 . 7/14/2014
You just nailed these characters perfectly, and the pacing of each chapter was also perfect.

I know this story will stick in my head like canon.
janechong chapter 2 . 7/14/2014
It is amazing you have written this piece of work about Astrid braiding Hiccup's hair and they do role-playing games together before the 2nd movie comes out. In HTTYD2 there is a similiar scene where Hiccup role-playing as his dad while Astrid imitates Hiccup and later braids his hair. Your insight is awesome!