Reviews for The Fan Once More, With Feeling
Nikitangel chapter 2 . 8/20/2003
Wow! That's a lot of work you've put into this. Well done.
AngelWings8 chapter 2 . 10/5/2002
Funny as all get-out. Thanks for writing. Write more when you get a chance!
Doctor Strangelove chapter 2 . 9/13/2002
Ha, cute and funny. Pretty acurately describes what us Spike fans went through this season.
Lisa-roo chapter 2 . 9/13/2002
Hee! Verra good. And verra true. ::pokes ME::
Jane McCartney chapter 1 . 9/12/2002
Oohhh, I kinda liked S6 - OK, I loved it actually. Well, some chapters only anyway. But I laughed a lot with this!
JayBee-Bug chapter 2 . 9/10/2002
*grins* Ooh man, is this a clever fic. Not only was it a beautiful parody idea but you actually pulled it off.

I have not been too thrilled with season six as a whole, like many fans. The few episodes that stand out as exceptions in my mind are Tabula Rasa and the musical. I *do* have hope for season seven, though. Maybe it's foolish, but from what I've heard of it, I'm very optimistic about it.

I could hear the songs in my head almost without fail, the lyrics were crafty, it was perfect. ;o) Thanks for a hilarious fic.
trisanamcgraw chapter 1 . 8/4/2002
WOW. Wow, wow, wow.

This is great. You conveyed how the sixth season has let us down (except for a choice few eps, IMO), and you did a fantastic job with the filks. My favorite was the one for "Life's A Show." Very imaginative and funny. ;)
HilsK chapter 1 . 7/20/2002
Oh dear...I was laughing so much when I read this and the sad thing is it's so true. We should send copies of this to Joss so he can see just how everyone feels
RedDwarfette chapter 1 . 6/7/2002
This was great, I laughed my ass off. I have to say though, while I may not have been entirely pleased with the way season six turned out, I did enjoy it. Also, I do like B/S but it hasn't crippled me for life that they broke up either.

The thing that really irked me though was the attitude of writers maintaining that their 'creative vision' would be destroyed if they gave the fans what they wanted. Excuse me, but aren't they working on a TV Show that relies on fan support for it to keep going? Like the show would last five minutes without any fans!

So thank you for writing a fantastic story and may all of us unite and keep the faith in Fan Fiction.
FanFreak chapter 1 . 5/20/2002
(A B/A fan joins hands with a B/S fan, who smiles at a B/X fan; the B/X fan puts his arm around a W/T fan) lol! I loved that line, and I liked your version of the song (whats it called?) The one where Buffy tells them she was in heaven. 'The hardest thing about a fandom is leaving it.' And I just relized your right. No one is happy this season. I'm B/S, and I hate Joss, B/A hates Joss, heck, everyone hates Joss. I'll be back next year, but this was really good, like, ****** out of *****
phoenix chapter 1 . 5/8/2002
This was fun and inspired. I liked your "it must be Marti" line. She's a total bitca. I actually liked Joss' recent interview with Wanda though, I have never felt insulted by him at all. He is still my God. If only he'd forget that crap Firefly and come to take the reigns back from Marti. I have felt a little betrayed and talked down to during certain parts of the season, but other parts have been very effective and well done in my opinion. It's not as bad as all that. I like the dark tone of the season, seasons 2&3 were nowhere near as dark. Other than the retarded rape scene in Seeing Red I think the characterization is still pretty strong. The writers are simply showing us the Scoobies' uglier sides, all of which has been quite in character IMO. This season has not been so out of the blue. If you watch older eps you can see that there was a lot of subtle buildup to certain themes (Willow's power addiction, Buffy's repressed darkness, the group growing more emotionally estranged...not to mention Anya's return to Vengeance). My feelings regarding this season are kind of split. Certain things this season have been done so well that they leave me staring dazed at the screen for like 15 minutes before I realize stupid Roswell is on.-For ex., the end of Seeing Red was amazing and wrenching and entirely effective in its purpose. But then, in the same episode we have the atrocity that is The Bathroom Scene which leaves me wondering what the hell Marti and co. are on. Or if they even care anymore...And yes, there have been quite a few other moments this season that have annoyed me almost as much. But I can really say that about any season. Anyway I'm sorry to ramble on for so long but I felt the need to defend my favorite show while at the same time saying I like your fic and I hear what you're saying. Buffy has its problems but it's still the best show on t.v. (certainly better than The West Wing,hee.)
cyberwulf chapter 1 . 5/7/2002
I totally feel like this sometimes. The only character I really like in season six now that Giles is gone is Tara, and I know what they're going to do with HER... I used to like Spike, now I hate him, I felt sorry for Dawn and now she's starting to grate, I'm fed up of people bashing Buffy, and I just couldn't be bothered caring about the other characters. I did hear that Joss said s7 will be more like the old Buffy, and rumour has it that ASH has made himself available for 13 eps of the next season. Here's hoping they'll at least MENTION him, bloody writers trying to make out he never existed...

Where was I? Oh yes, I think you've really captured the recent mood of the fans. Joss should treat his audience better - he wouldn't have a show if it weren't for us.
Joan the Vampire Slayer chapter 1 . 5/6/2002
(from the Author - Everyone who wants to know what other people think of the story, feel 100% free to skip this {grin} {smile})

Buffyfan - Simple answer: Would you feel better if I pointed out that if I did not deeply care about this show, and feel that to keep their audience that certain changes would help, that I never would have bothered to write this - I'd just have quit the show?

More complex answer: I, and a lot of other fans, have expressed that they feel that the quality of the writing on _BTVS_ has slipped this season. This has nothing to do with how dark this season was - Remember season two? Or parts of three? They were just as dark, and with elements of major characters showing complex faults (Angel/us, Ms. Calendar, Buffy's not telling people Angel was back, etc.).

(Opinions follow - But not just mine, unfortunately.) This season, the characters were not consistent in charactization, motivation, and likely reactions from week to week; nor were they close to what they were last season, sometimes for no explained reason. There were major plot holes just left there. There were inconsistencies from previously established canon, and inconsistencies in adding to it with this season's plots. Suspension of disbelief was often pushed beyond the point where smooth watching was possible. Scripting was often uneven, especially in episodes (approximately) 10-18. Characters were degraded - Which, while it is totally up to the producers/writers to do so, having characters that the audience literally cannot stand drives away viewers, and may not be bright.

And all of this was topped off by a series of interviews in which both of the executive producers for the show (Joss Whedon and Marti Noxon - Esp. Marti) made a series of comments about either the general fandom or specific segments of the fandom that the fans found degrading and insulting. (Note: This was a series of interviews. A lot more than just once. And both of them did at least one or two.) And that is *REALLY* not bright - It takes no energy to say nothing at all, and just not giving interviews avoids pissing off the people who, indirectly, sign your large paycheck.

I should have just stuck with the simple answer, eh? {Grin} But I hope that ME is able to figure this out, and find a way not to do all of the above while still sticking with their artistic integrity and vision.

Because Ghod knows, in the opinion of a lot of fans in *EVERY* subgenre that I've visited this season - they need to.

Remember, if I didn't care, I really actually do have a life and other, better things to do with it. {BG}

Take care, and Peace.

And to Kelly the Vampire Witch, Angelus, AuralAmbiguity, Katherine, and CA Eminem - _THANKS_ for the wonderful comments, guys. Please do feel free to pass the parody around to people, boards, newsgroups, friends, whatever. (I guess that last statement implies that some of your friends aren't people, but there you go. ) _THANKS_. :D

Peace. {smile}
Buffyfan chapter 1 . 5/6/2002
I like the story. But I disagree with the way people feel about the sixth season. The only reason people feel the way they do about it is because it is a little more dramatic than all the other seasons have been. All the other seasons have had just as much comedy as drama and this season has had more drama than comedy therefore people think it is worse than the others. I can find things about every single episodes that I have liked, even the ones that I didn't care for as much as the others, but I did like the season as a whole because it was still as original as it always has been. You people out there who say it sucks and isn't a good season need to think of how hard writing actually is. I know because I am taking writing classes and want to be a writer, it is FUCKIN' HARD.
CA Eminem chapter 1 . 5/6/2002
hehe i loved it! although this season isnt the best i kinda like it...but either way this was one of the funniest FF i've ever read