Reviews for Back Among the Living
Chandrakanta chapter 2 . 4/16
Sorry for leaving the same review on each story, but I couldn't stop myself from reading the entire series (through #9), so I'm just leaving you a "series" review rather than one for each chapter.

I love your AU spin on S3. It's very unique and well thought out. I also love how you handle Xander's character. He was always my least favorite of Buffy's "friends" due to his poor behavior and double-standards, and he never really got called out on it (only very briefly in S7 when he was trying to stop Buffy from killing Anya).

I know it's been 9 years since you last updated story 10, but I hope you find the inspiration to come back and finish it someday, along with the rest of the season. :)
rainystv chapter 2 . 4/10/2013
Just found this story. This kind of great story telling is one of the best things about FanFiction. You have done a wonderful job and I will read your other stories.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
I am enjoying these stories a great deal, but every time I encounter 'Akathler' instead of 'Acathla' I cringe. If you ever get around to doing a re-edit, you may want to address this.

Blue
wizmage chapter 2 . 7/6/2011
This is a good story.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 2 . 5/12/2009
DAMN...

Now THAT was good.

Joyce’s reaction and thoughts on Buffy’s status as the Slayer and her subsequent return were VERY well-presented, making it easy to follow WHY she preferred living in denial to facing the truth about her daughter (Even if at the same time nobody could entirely APPROVE of what Joyce was doing to try and ‘cope’ with what she’d seen, we still understood WHY she was doing it)

Your take on Buffy and Angel after their time in Hell continues to be interesting, with Buffy trying to adapt to the modern world almost as much as Angel is, made even more awkward by her ‘not-quite-human’ status...

And as for your presentation of Xander...

Thank GOD; after so long reading stories where Xander’s some kind of demon-busting machine and tactical whiz, it’s a relief to read a story which recognises that he’s essentially a flawed teenager with serious long-term-planning-related issues and a jealousy streak several miles long.

He CAN be capable of noble actions, I admit, but he SUCKS in terms of long-term thinking; even if his decision to lie about Willow attempting to restore Angel’s soul meant that Buffy was pushing herself to the max to fight Angelus, I remain convinced that Xander’s sole reason for omitting that was because he didn’t like Angel.

However, my favourite scene in this part was unquestionably the part where Buffy and Angel nearly triggered the clause; even when faced with a chance to escape HELL, Angel refuses to leave Buffy alone to face the nightmare of his demon...

Keep up the great work!
deathgeonous chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
You should add angist to the story desritons list. Well, thanks for writing this, bye for now.
Lalaith Quetzalli chapter 2 . 10/30/2007
I was actually wondering who had sent those vamps, and why they were so afraid of revealing his name, even more so than dieing themselves. Guess I know now.

I wonder how everything's going to be from now on. With Faith, the Mayor, the Council, and really everything and everyone. Things are certainly quite different from the original version of this season. And I can't wait to see what comes next...
Undead American chapter 2 . 12/29/2004
great story, for the most part. only quibble is the conversation between Will and Xander. Willow just didn't sound anything like Willow. The whole conversation was a little heavy-handed as well.

Other than that, this was an awesome fic.
ReindeerEmu chapter 2 . 12/13/2003
Wow this is a great series. You've made the characters so close to canon, it's scary. Buffy as a blood moll is great. I'm really loving how you're handling Joyce and Xander. This is the same mother that put Buffy in a mental institution before Sunnydale, so great job. You've made Xander a suffering lovesick fool, but not an $$hole and that's hard to do. Great job!
chazza chapter 2 . 6/29/2003
Wow. Thats it! Keep writing. UPDATE!
eliza-ewok chapter 2 . 5/25/2003
Wow...this is all I can say. So far Ive read this story and the first from the series, but I had to stop just to say- wow.

Its a very well written story that commands the readers attention all the way through.

Keep writing as well as you do!
Shellie chapter 2 . 4/20/2003
I love this story. It's so good. Not to mention I love B/A fics. But this is REALLY GOOD B/A! lol. Can't wait to read part three! (even tho i can read it right now, lol)
Divamercury chapter 2 . 10/10/2002
Awesome. Great job!

DM
Makura Koneko chapter 2 . 7/10/2002
I have ONE thing to say: MOOOOOOOOOOOORE! Please! OMG this was sooooo good! You gotta continue!
elanor niphredil chapter 2 . 5/28/2002
Pleaaase more and soon! I'm hooked on your fics. Gimme my fix! ;)