Reviews for The Renewal
I loved this!
MarveyTibbsMcGarrettWilliams chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
love it!
thenotsogreatAlexander chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Hello C: there C: Sorry about my english, I'm still learning.
I enjoy a lot reading this . It was awesome. So well written. I like it very much. Danny puts a lot of things in perspective C: and the end is so sweet
I'm in love with your h50 fanfics C:
Seren-TheStar chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Hi there! I really like your story. It's an interesting approach to the reason why Danny acted like he did in 2x07. I keep asking myself why he just entered the heiau, because he normally seems like a sympathetic and considering kind of guy. Maybe he wasn't aware of how incredibly important it is to the natives or maybe he was in one his moods and acted on impuls. I am sure he didn't mean any harm and he realised it was a mistake later on.

What had me a little upset is that Steve said: "Don't you think that everyone knows you don't try? That you look down your nose on how we dress? What we eat? That we spend our free time swimming or surfing? That doesn't make us slackers."..."Your attitude implies it. We don't wear ties. We don't have turnpikes and toll roads. That doesn't mean we are the ass-end of civilization as you so clearly believe." It somewhat implies that Steve thinks that Danny is kind of arrogant and thinks he is better than everyone else because he is a mainlander. But Danny isn't like that at all and I thought Steve would know. But then again you say a lot of things you don't really mean when you are angry.

Looking closely I do think that Danny is adapting whenever he feels comfortable about it, f.e. he loves Malasadas, he is proud of taking surfing lessons and he doesn't wear ties anymore, baby steps but still. He will probably never be kama'aina though and that's alright because it's just not who he is.

Anyways, I love where the story leads, Steve/Danny slash obviously;) And I was wondering if you were by any chance considering a little sequel, because I love "First-time stories" especially when Danny is completely inexperienced:D So a sequel would be totally awesome!

All the Best

Seren
Doni chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
I missed the episode you based this on, but with your attention to detail, I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Intense and well done.
LadyAilith chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
So good! I love that Steve is helping Danny to grow and to accept Hawaii and its beliefs. You did a wonderful job with this piece. Thank you so much!
lynnrxgal chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
That was really unique - I loved it!
Jazmingirl chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
brilliant story
SiFiFan chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
You are a good writer but if I could make one suggestion... Please let your readers know up front in the description or notes that the story contains slash. It is appreciated by the reader knowing what they are getting into before they start reading. While I have no problem with authors writing slash, it's nice to up front and have the choice of reading or not. Thanks!
francis2 chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
I really liked this. It was spiritual, personal, a bit scary for Danny but made them both be very honest with each other. And it worked.