Reviews for Coming to Terms
afrozenheart412 chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
"Toying with the napkin under her drink, Jo wouldn't meet Lindsay's gaze. "This case was personal for me, Lindsay; there's no question about that. I had to make sure Curtis paid for what he did to Serena and to all those other girls who were too scared to come forward. Mac warned me that I should let it go and let you and the others take care of things but I couldn't do it. I had to see it through to the end."

"Don't beat yourself up for being human, Jo. We all have cases that get under our skin. You aren't the first and you won't be the last. Maybe you skirted the line of being too emotionally involved but you did it because you wanted to see justice done. Your methods might not have been perfect but your motives can't be faulted."

Jo shook her head, not ready to be let off the hook so completely. "Still I'm not sure I like the person I've seen looking back at me in the mirror the last few days. I treated you badly and I never apologized for that; not even after you extended an olive branch and offered an apology first. There's no excuse for that."

Lindsay sighed. She hadn't planned on getting onto this subject tonight. "I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt. I felt like you were questioning my ability to do my job and that wasn't fair." She knew it had been a rough day for the older woman but Lindsay also knew that Jo wanted honesty. "At the same time though, I knew where you were coming from. We've all been guilty of letting our emotions overrule our good sense at times. And when that happens we say things we normally wouldn't say without regard to the consequences. But we are teammates and friends; we have to support each other when things get rough. If that means getting my feelings hurt while you deal with the pain of having your worst case come back into your life like a slap in the face, then I'm big enough to take it."

Jo finished off her drink, recognizing that her body was going to shut down soon and it would be better if she were home when it did. Before they left the bar, she chewed on her lower lip. "Are we okay?"

Lindsay nodded as they stood to leave. "We will be."

My all time favorite moment from you! It needed to be said but THIS, the friendship that I see forming between the two, is what I've wanted to see onscreen. I get that this was personal for Jo I do, but I still wish she had taken an officer with her. It didn't have to change the outcome, it only needed to show she was being responsible for Amanda and herself.

I LOVE how you brought Adler into this, that was a nice touch. The questions he asked were tough yet fair, they have to provoke an honest response which Jo gave him in spades, LOL! I understand Lindsay's feelings toward the man but I didn't like the remark she made. But this is what I love, the way this is making me see how much Jo respects and admires Lindsay for all she has done in this case.

And adding that part about Danny taking out the women in his life, my god, are you trying to kill me with the fluff? His mom must have been over the MOON when he called her up to propose doing that. Lucy having fun with her Daddy is all she ever needs. :) Lindsay and Danny dancing, my mind is all aflutter! Could I please, persuade you to write a trilogy of seeing all three of their reactions?

Before I go, thank you for also explaining where Tyler and Ellie were. I wondered where they were. Excellent job!
littlesweetcupcake chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Ok, I'm hooked! I love the Jo/Mac pairing and this story seems like it's going to be awesome! Please please please please please please please please please update soon!
Daisy1966 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Hi, Jenn.

It was good to see Lindsay and Jo had talked with each other in here. Despite her hurt, Lindsay was very professional and handled her own feelings as an adult and showed her understanding to Jo's behavior. Danny taking Lucy out for a puppet show was so sweet. I was glad you hinted that he has grown up so much and now a good husband and father.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Daisy
Sam Waterston Fan chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
This was a good story and I had wondered what the situation would be if Jo and Lindsay had talked.
RandomTVFan30 chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Very nice one shot. Its true the episode did miss some stuff but hopefully things will get better with the show. Hope you have more coming with your other stories.
Mel1592 chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Nice work... I hope you get back to the other two soon too.