Reviews for Goodnight Saigon
JuiceBoxPenguin chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
My god...this story is just so...so beautiful, wonderful, amazing, everything! I literally go back and reread it periodically because I love it so much. You're an amazing writer and to think this story only has 6 reviews! To me, that means not many people have read it and that's unbelievable. This story needs to be shared! I am proud to be the 7th review and I should have reviewed a long time ago! Your characters are wonderful, your plot is great, you can be serious and funny at the same time; the story is simply wonderful. thank you for posting it...
BeyondMyReach chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
This is insanely amazing and beautiful and I can't find words to correctly describe how much I love this fanfic. All characters were IC and the plot. The plot was brilliant, but your style more so. The group wouldn't be themselves without their scars from the past and I love how you fit that in. The story flowed really well and it matched the canon very well even in AU setting.

I know their life wasn't perfect in the end, but with the way you described it, I think it is as closest as it gets. The relationship between the four is simply breathtaking. I hope you would write more of this foursome in the future, because I'm looking forward to more.
serene saber chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Finally, my dream has come true. And all thanks to you.

This is the reason why I'm so in love with fanfiction, and the reason why I've been obsessed with it for almost 6 years. No matter how distinct my taste is, there are always writers who'll share it with me. Always. That's one of the things I'm absolutely sure about in this world.

Ever since I joined Saiyuki fandom, I've been searching for a romantic fic, which has a plot, has a good length and is completed, which glorifies the intimate bonding of the Four AND makes them all revolves around Sanzo. You see, not unlike Goku, I've worshiped Sanzo since forever (I believe I've obsessed with him before I even knew his name) and I always feel /exhilaration/ when I see people do the same to my idol. So I've been wanting to read a fic that centers on Sanzo, "center" in every sense of that word. I've read some that came near, but they were still unsatisfactory somehow, because for one reason or another, their writers always pulled their punches. But not you. You've rightly pushed all the buttons that I have. You've fulfilled my secret desire, and SOME. Your fic are wonderful. You are wonderful.

In some rational, habitually critical recess of my head, I still recognize some mistakes in the fic, mostly about the facts in Vietnam. (I'm a Vietnamese, you see. :D) But I don't think I'd bring myself to care. I just know I'll come back to your fic again and again, savoring every single word until they all burn onto my mind.

Thank you, thank you so much for writing such a captivating piece. If you think you could write more of this, please do.

San
Felnore chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
That was brilliant/amazing/awesome/wonderful...choose whatever you like :) Really, it's such a rarity to read a Saiyuki fic this long, with a good plot and depicting everything in depth. I fell in love with your work! 3 I think all the guys are perfectly IC and you did a great job!
secret-sorrow chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
A masterpiece! Well written and emotionally moving!

_ sounds like review for a book lol _
mist shadow chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
good story. marvelous execution. you mixed in just enough of canon to keep it in it's origin with a flavor of AU

though, there was this place when you changed his name to Hakkai, and even though I knew it was his name, it threw me for a loop. for some reason, the parts about his conviction and Sanzo standing up for him, seemed to need to come before to make for a smoother transition

and we never actually found out, what were their ranks? or was that deliberate? seemed that way

small pity that there won't be small miniatures of them running around. Sanzo is surprisingly good with kids. and he does need to pass the Sutras. still

and you never mentioned Kanzeon - the he/she Goddess of love. *snicker* would be hilarious if s/he pinched his face as s/he usually does. s/he always seems like an annoying older sibling

*thumbs up* for the story again
Alanna Darkfeather chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Bloody brilliant!

Even with all the death and drama it was beautiful, and the poor idiots thinking that Sanzo was dead XD it really wouldn't be the same without the prissy monk.