Reviews for The Better Cat
terra224 chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
okay that was awesome! I really hope that if the show comes back the producers will find this fanfic and put it on the show. seriously I loved it how you switched lion o and tygras positions. really just amazing work by you the author. please continue the story:)
Guest chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Great story!
Rihannon chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
This is a very nice and well thought story. Enjoyed it very much. :).
Rassilon001 chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
And then the fallout begins. Very nicely portrayed, well-written. And a most unusual insight into the spirit of the Sword of Omens, though accurate enough. Best way to get the attention of a confused young man. Be a pretty young lady. Nice.

I’d often suspected of just what the Astral Plane could’ve been like if we’d seen all that Tygra wanted come true. Seeing it this way, however, instead of a temptation by Mumm-Ra, well... until the show does otherwise, this is my personal canon. It’s that good.

I will add as a touch of constructive criticism your writing style for battle isn’t nearly as good, I couldn’t really feel the emotion or excitement there, or the danger when Lion-O challenged Mumm-Ra, but all other aspects you did beautifully, so its easy to overlook.

All in all, a wonderful insight into 'what might have been' for both Lion-O and the audience.
Legnaangel chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Thanks for this. I could really see it happening in my mind as I read it and it fit with how I saw the characters. Plus, you've made feel better about the second season when the two will be fighting and Lion-o struggling with his jealousy. I can keep this in mind and know it's all good in the end.
fuuko no miko chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
This is awesome! Loved it! It's nice how you were able to weave their conflict with elements from the comics.

"As is, your only other real option is Panthro."

That was my favorite line, lmao.

Good job and keep writing!
blueeyesjdaly chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
This was wonderful. I am glad you addressed this as you did. Well done. Also your preconceptions as how the king is both simultaneously powerful and powerless are well done. As a royal you can’t chose who you marry. Only until recently with our modern ideas has this been changed, and not in all courts.
PureEvilOne chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
This is a good story. But it feels incomplete. Tygra gets the happily ever and. All Lion-O gets is the throne and all the responsibilities that go with it. I think a glimpse of King Lion-O's life would have rounded out the story out given Lion-O some hope.
PureEvilOne chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
LuffyMarra chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Great story. I really like how they made up in the end. I also like the way the sword helped. Great job.
Heart of the Demons chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
The focus on Lion-O and Tygra in this story was so well descriptive and real. The Sword of Omens talking to Lion-O was a really cool choice to help out the young Lord of the ThunderCats. Lion-O has the throne and Tygra has the girl. Something tells me that, by the time new "ThunderCats" episodes air, things won't be like they were in this tale. That's what we'll have to find out. But still, you did an excellent job portraying the brothers' relationship with one another.