Reviews for Someone Like You
sunshineleo chapter 36 . 11/30/2013
Loved it! Wonderful story. Excellent character development. Can't wait to read Icicle!
sunshineleo chapter 6 . 11/30/2013
Ok, I am an avid kaex-er. I have avoided reading this because of the Sven focus. I dropped my guard and thought what the heck. I not disappointed. I am invested in your story. I am intrigued by the Sven and Len storyline. Can't wait to devour the rest. Awesome!
ebon-drake chapter 20 . 9/29/2013
This is simply awesome. I seriously cannot believe that I did not get into your writing much earlier. The camaraderie going on between the team members and your OCs is wonderful. Also, I love Lance, and the mental image of him ogling chicks in yoga pants made me laugh.
ebon-drake chapter 10 . 9/28/2013
Ahhhh, Albegas! I am loving this!
ebon-drake chapter 8 . 9/27/2013
Okay, I've been meaning to comment for a while, and you have a LOT of writing for me to go through, but the read is definitely worth it. Your OC's are wonderful, and you have done an outstanding job of mashing them with up with the VV and LV crew in the VF universe. Whew! I find the idea of Sven having a lost love and his marriage with Romelle being rocky rather than idealistic intriguing. I look forward to reading more! Thanks for writing - your work is lovely!
Mer3Girl chapter 36 . 11/9/2012
Wow...This ending was so bittersweet. Beautiful and sad simultaneously. I think Lenora would be content with Jon. It's Sven that I would be concerned over. Romelle is heartless. Even though she feels betrayed, her wicked revenge is not appropriate or called for. The final line rang true: As long as he had his son in his arms, he was home. Maybe Sven and Lenora have separate homes for now. Doesn't mean that they aren't soul mates. Although I'm deeply into Icicle now (ch.10!), it was nice to return to the ending of SLY. It actually gave me a new perspective on life's chances and opportunities. There's no such thing as missed opportunities if something is meant to be (I feel bad for Aidan, but it was not his destiny to marry Len). I love, love, love that you provided a song list! I knew right away the chapter titles were songs. :) Extra love for using Backstreet Boys! They will always reign in my heart!

P.S.: Thank you for not making Allura a virgin! She is a woman with needs!
Mer3Girl chapter 31 . 11/4/2012
I felt so much of these characters' emotions in this chapter! Ginger is still young! People get married nowadays in their forties and fifties. I'm sad that she feels so alone when the people around her seem to get hitched. :/ I feel for her so much. I have to say: her choice of comfort food is superb! Red velvet cures all! And Christiane, her pain was precious and so delicate for her brother. Keith just doesn't know how to express himself. He means well, though.
Mer3Girl chapter 26 . 11/1/2012
Brilliant! Poor Keith needs a real woman to teach him. ;) I still love how strict and uptight he is. Your version of him is delicious. Len's attire and nail polish were flawless. I can easily see her in Vogue with how you described her!

I'm already reading Icicle, but wanted to go back and send proper reviews to SLY! Sven breaks my heart. He is breaking down mentally and physically, and yet he still has patience to entertain Daniel. I want him to reunite with Len! They deserve to be happy!

The courtroom scenes are thrilling to read. I get tense just waiting for the judge's next line!
Mer3Girl chapter 16 . 8/19/2012
I swear, I cried when Sven proposed to Lenora. Going off to a mission, marriage, loss. Wow, so much to absorb, and I loved it all. Lenora's vow to remain closed off is understandable and very much relatable. I'm so happy Sven was the first to melt her walls.

Aidan should have told Lisa "I love you" back! She must be very secure to understand his silent reasoning. The home sounds so exquisite, I could almost hear chit chat and see chilled bottles of cognac.

Sven, Sven, Sven. I internally weep for him each time his misery is the topic. God, I hope he finds peace!
Mer3Girl chapter 15 . 8/19/2012
I'd love to see more of Christiane's psychic abilities! She seems very quiet, maybe even disturbed, about her abilities.

Is it bad that I almost wished that Lance would throw his mug at Keith's head? :p Allura had to do the work for him. She'll know what to do with him later, I presume? :3

Jon's forty-one?! Gotta love those older men, yum. Love this! I can't wait to read about the ball!
Mer3Girl chapter 14 . 8/19/2012
Wow, I didn't think Morgan still bottled feelings for Keith. Can David sense that, or does Morgan keep mum about her history with Keith? Hmm.

Aw! Bandor appears to be in good hands with Emma! She reminds me of a Jane Austen character with her short hair and conservative attire.

"I'll just have to wet my pants if necessary." Aidan, I love you. :3
Mer3Girl chapter 13 . 8/19/2012
Ha! They would have to knock Larmina out to get her into a gown. Or possibly bribe her. ;) I cracked up at Keith's attempt to stay out of the conversation with coffee. However, he must come out and confess to Allura instead of sulking! Have Lance smack him around until he does it, haha.

Hiding out in Paris sounds like a dream. I can only imagine the magic thAt occurred between Len and Jon during that time. Destiny, no?

Nanny's cameo was priceless! "Is she always that scary?" Dear Vince and his ignorance. Off to finish reviewing so I can finally compliment your final chapter! I often read ahead. :p Already started Icicle, and I'm torn between reading that and finishing my reviews for SLY. Your writing is my crack, I swear. You never fail to pull me into the story and have me vicariously go through the motions of the characters.
Mer3Girl chapter 12 . 8/14/2012
The list of tidbits in your author's note was very helpful! I'm not too familiar with VV or Albegas, but you were able to give the characters enough life and substance for me to follow along.

Rocky's explanation on the past four years sounds like Beverly Hills 90210, haha. I actually kept up with the love lives, go figure. Poor Chip, he's so lost in the dark on this drama! Lenora is really coming into her own as Sky Marshal. Despite the stress of the wedding plans and memories, she is able to retain a clear mind on the job.
Mer3Girl chapter 10 . 8/14/2012
I want Aidan's Doc Marten's! I used to wear those shoes religiously; classic punk rock. Lenora spoke wisely: they are not the same people as they were in the past. Even if Aidan and Lenora attempted another relationship, it would not be the same.

Haha, all this unrequited love! Looking forward to the new team!
Mer3Girl chapter 9 . 8/14/2012
My ADD has finally brought me back to review and stop reading ahead. I've already through SLY, I could not put it down! :D So, expect clusters of reviews from me as I catch up on your series.

Anyways, Larmina was a trip! Trying to coax her aunt, nice try. The unspoken connection between Keith and Allura is fascinating. It shows that they are so comfortable and aware of each other that nothing needs to be said. I'm so relieved that Sven finally reached out for assistance. He deserves so much more than he thinks.

Uy, politics can be so ridiculous. Romelle's pain seeps through her words. I want to cheer he on and just claim her man, no matter what her people say! But, there's Lenora, so that wouldn't be good.

Wade is so slimy! He is so vindictive and calculating, but that is what makes a good villain, no?