Reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Sky Lines
Vin Bersmak chapter 143 . 8/22
Well, five years later and I finally came back to finish this story, and I'm very glad that I did. Your writing truly is phenomenal, and this story was well worth every hour I spent reading it. Sky Lines read so naturally that it almost feels like it belongs as part of the series.

One thing I often find difficult expressing is my love for Spirit Tracks, but you've succeeded in capturing every aspect of what made it so great. The sense of a great, unlimited adventure, specifically one that I tend associate with the frontier; the excellent contrast between tongue-in-cheek and legitimate character development that so well manipulates the tension; the dare to innovate into areas that might at first seem restricting; the deeply-rooted feeling of working for something greater than oneself; and above all, the raw spirit. Much like Spirit Tracks, Sky Lines came to life in a way that went beyond the story being told.

I don't know if you intended to do this - I'm sure the answer is yes - but the setup for the fight against Cunimincus ran counter to what I perceive to be the prevalent trope of final confrontations. I think a lot of the time, final confrontations are meant to be the ultimate test of the Hero's will, what he has been striving for the entire story. The finale of Twilight Princess comes to mind here. But here, there's a solidarity between the Hero and the reader that I don't think can adequately be created in that mode of confrontation. Much like examples that I see in Spirit Tracks and Okami, the confrontation isn't really about about the outcome, it's about creating that solidarity between the characters, the Hero, and the reader. When the ultimate test is whether or not those willing can find the ability to stand, and whether or not they have the courage to do so, the outcome has already been decided.

The creativity alone to even develop something like Sky Lines is impressive. That you succeeded in bringing it from a concept to such a masterpiece is astounding.

On a more academic note, I was extremely impressed with your use of nautical terminology, which in many cases exceeded my own. I don't claim to know a lot, but through my studies in history I've picked up enough to confidently say that I have a more basic understanding than the average writer here. It was unexpectedly refreshing to read a story where the author very clearly did his research. Excellent work on all accounts.

I know you said in your profile that you write original material, but I'll say this anyway: if you haven't, I'd say you should seriously consider writing something from scratch and looking into getting it published. You certainly have the talent.

Sky Lines is far and away the best thing I've read here.

Regards,
Airman Bersmak
ZGMF-X71T chapter 42 . 7/11
So, does Valley have a valley girl accent? I can't really tell, honestly.
ZGMF-X71T chapter 28 . 7/9
What kind of accents are Cale and Luggard supposed to have?
ZGMF-X71T chapter 12 . 7/8
So, what is Link implying about the food?
camelbot chapter 145 . 6/15
Great story, it kept me enraptured and I couldn't take my eyes of the story...literally pulled an all-nighter to read eighty chapters of the story. :D
TheChargingRhino chapter 146 . 4/16
..III fiiinniisshhedddd itttt...took me over two weeks, but I read all of it.
TheChargingRhino chapter 79 . 4/14
67 chapters to go. I'm loving this.
PocketMage chapter 8 . 4/4
I don't really know why you didn't just use the Ruto since they are in the same world as Spirit Tracks but it is fine. How old is Link though? I think Toon Link when I hear Spirit Tracks and I really don't think he is old enough for this kind of command.
TheChargingRhino chapter 1 . 4/2
...This is Tolkien worthy. 146 Chapters and over 700,000 words. My biggest novel is only 46 Chapters and almost 90,000 words. Call me impressed.
Nitro Indigo chapter 48 . 2/17
Were you inspired by Gamtos on Zelda Universe's theory that there's a force gem in the Lokomo Sword, or did you just have the same idea by coincidence?
Nitro Indigo chapter 47 . 2/16
This chapter was so great, I had to look away for a bit after I read it just to process what was going on. From the reviews, I assumed /that character/ would be appearing 79 chapters from now!
Nitro Indigo chapter 45 . 2/14
Not only does this need a TV Tropes page, it also needs an audiobook.

Wishful thinking aside, this story has me intrigued. We had the Lokomos in the forest crypt, and Valley can apparently see the magic wood life... Hmm...

In this chapter, you sometimes spell Drumstick with a C, and sometimes you don't.
Nitro Indigo chapter 39 . 12/30/2015
Thoughts so far...
I like how you've created a mostly original story, but still stuck to the fundamental principles of the original work, like having the general setting be the same, but fleshing it out. This is basically the Silver Resistance of Zelda. However, the story here seems really... dragged out. It takes 20 chapters for the plot to start. Maybe I'll find out later that the first few chapters had loads of foreshadowing in them, or something. (Don't spoil the story!)

Also, now that I think about it, the sky clearing thing is kind of like how the sky in the Fire Realm changed after you clear the dungeon in Spirit Tracks. That was one of the best-looking things in the game, in my humble opinion.
Nitro Indigo chapter 36 . 12/29/2015
At one point, you accidentally refer to Leynne as "Ryain".
Nitro Indigo chapter 25 . 12/23/2015
Nice little reference to the item get jingle! I already sort of found this part out in advance due to some fanart of this story, mind...