Reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Sky Lines
Nathen The Protector chapter 40 . 1/13
When Leynne mentioned selling mask to children my first thought was:
"Ahhh... Nice weather...Isn't it? Masks...You have...a lot. You, too...Will you be... a mask salesman? Then I'll play with you. So...The masks...Give me some..."
My second thought :
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
And now I have chills down my spine. Gosh darn Happy Mask Salesman.
Ruby-Blade-Princess chapter 1 . 1/2
For a 140 chapter story with such content, this deserves more reviews.

I discovered this and read through all of it in the past three days. If that doesn't prove "engaging" then I don't know how else to prove it.

Your works, I have noticed, are very much on the theatrical side, but not riddled with exaggerations or overly whimsical motions (where exaggerated cartoons come to mind). I find it best to envision it like a live action movie when reading. It certainly calls attention to "visuals" very well. Your style was enjoyable to read.

I will be following your new works that I find interest in, and I hope writing will continue to be one of your passions.

-Rubixa-Seraph
jordanlink7856 chapter 144 . 12/4/2016
I'd just like to say what an absolute BLAST it's been to read this work of art! For a lack of better words from me, I just got hooked and I couldn't let go! Through and through, I never stopped once these past few days, reading it every single chance I got. (Spoilers for people that read reviews) If you could, I remember there was another Link in one of your chapters about the technoworks, the one with Dark Link I believe? If it's from a different story somewhere on the interwebs, do you mind referring it to me? Anyways I wish you the best of luck with the sequel and wish you luck in general! Good day!
jordanlink7856 chapter 13 . 11/28/2016
I'd honestly love this to be a game, like the third game within their little universe of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.
Vin Bersmak chapter 143 . 8/22/2016
Well, five years later and I finally came back to finish this story, and I'm very glad that I did. Your writing truly is phenomenal, and this story was well worth every hour I spent reading it. Sky Lines read so naturally that it almost feels like it belongs as part of the series.

One thing I often find difficult expressing is my love for Spirit Tracks, but you've succeeded in capturing every aspect of what made it so great. The sense of a great, unlimited adventure, specifically one that I tend associate with the frontier; the excellent contrast between tongue-in-cheek and legitimate character development that so well manipulates the tension; the dare to innovate into areas that might at first seem restricting; the deeply-rooted feeling of working for something greater than oneself; and above all, the raw spirit. Much like Spirit Tracks, Sky Lines came to life in a way that went beyond the story being told.

I don't know if you intended to do this - I'm sure the answer is yes - but the setup for the fight against Cunimincus ran counter to what I perceive to be the prevalent trope of final confrontations. I think a lot of the time, final confrontations are meant to be the ultimate test of the Hero's will, what he has been striving for the entire story. The finale of Twilight Princess comes to mind here. But here, there's a solidarity between the Hero and the reader that I don't think can adequately be created in that mode of confrontation. Much like examples that I see in Spirit Tracks and Okami, the confrontation isn't really about about the outcome, it's about creating that solidarity between the characters, the Hero, and the reader. When the ultimate test is whether or not those willing can find the ability to stand, and whether or not they have the courage to do so, the outcome has already been decided.

The creativity alone to even develop something like Sky Lines is impressive. That you succeeded in bringing it from a concept to such a masterpiece is astounding.

On a more academic note, I was extremely impressed with your use of nautical terminology, which in many cases exceeded my own. I don't claim to know a lot, but through my studies in history I've picked up enough to confidently say that I have a more basic understanding than the average writer here. It was unexpectedly refreshing to read a story where the author very clearly did his research. Excellent work on all accounts.

I know you said in your profile that you write original material, but I'll say this anyway: if you haven't, I'd say you should seriously consider writing something from scratch and looking into getting it published. You certainly have the talent.

Sky Lines is far and away the best thing I've read here.

Regards,
Airman Bersmak
ZGMF-X71T chapter 42 . 7/11/2016
So, does Valley have a valley girl accent? I can't really tell, honestly.
ZGMF-X71T chapter 28 . 7/9/2016
What kind of accents are Cale and Luggard supposed to have?
ZGMF-X71T chapter 12 . 7/8/2016
So, what is Link implying about the food?
camelbot chapter 145 . 6/15/2016
Great story, it kept me enraptured and I couldn't take my eyes of the story...literally pulled an all-nighter to read eighty chapters of the story. :D
TheChargingRhino chapter 146 . 4/16/2016
..III fiiinniisshhedddd itttt...took me over two weeks, but I read all of it.
TheChargingRhino chapter 79 . 4/14/2016
67 chapters to go. I'm loving this.
PocketMage chapter 8 . 4/4/2016
I don't really know why you didn't just use the Ruto since they are in the same world as Spirit Tracks but it is fine. How old is Link though? I think Toon Link when I hear Spirit Tracks and I really don't think he is old enough for this kind of command.
TheChargingRhino chapter 1 . 4/2/2016
...This is Tolkien worthy. 146 Chapters and over 700,000 words. My biggest novel is only 46 Chapters and almost 90,000 words. Call me impressed.
Nitro Indigo chapter 48 . 2/17/2016
Were you inspired by Gamtos on Zelda Universe's theory that there's a force gem in the Lokomo Sword, or did you just have the same idea by coincidence?
Nitro Indigo chapter 47 . 2/16/2016
This chapter was so great, I had to look away for a bit after I read it just to process what was going on. From the reviews, I assumed /that character/ would be appearing 79 chapters from now!