Reviews for The Mirror Crack'd
MyLovelyHorse chapter 10 . 8/11
Beautifully told story. I very much appreciate your writing and I thank you for sharing it.
Born in 20th Century chapter 10 . 1/9
Thank you for sharing this unique tale!
Dimac99 chapter 10 . 2/25/2014
Well written - rather bleak but thankfully ending on a hopeful note. Severus's depression was particularly well done.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 12/17/2013
Oh, how lovely! And both of them can forget their own obsessions (Snape never did ask what happened to Ron Weasley...Hermione likely has her own secrets here).

But crushing and banishing the mirror, yes, a very good idea.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 12/17/2013
He gave away his mementos of Lily. That's a huge step for him.

Although I am surprised he didn't say more to Hermione. If it doesn't matter what he does, why not do what he wants?
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 12/16/2013
Aha! He's finally beginning to think that there might be life beyond Lily, after all...and he and Hermione are actually talking to each other.

One thing I noticed-he probably developed new potions during his years at Hogwarts. And he hasn't developed anything new, just brewed the old ones.

But part of himself is becoming alive again, at last.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 12/16/2013
Oops. He's letting the Lily in his head drive off the reality at his hands...
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 12/16/2013
Oh, yes, we all want to be liked. And we all long to be loved. Snape has given up on either one of those for years.

But it appears that there may be someone who thinks of him with longing, too.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 12/16/2013
Ah yes, another piece of the mirror; does Snape realize that he may not be the only one to fear and love the mirror as he did?

And perhaps he can be happy, after all. But we shall see.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 12/16/2013
Actually, Snape showed his strength by breaking the mirror, and its spell over him. But he's been taught for too long that anything he did was wrong, by almost everyone around him.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 12/15/2013
Ah! Something might force him to change his way of life soon-or so we all hope.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 12/15/2013
I'm glad he's not a prisoner of Hogwarts any more; he doesn't have good memories, there, either. But that ghastly house of his is undoubtedly haunting him.

However, he has a right to be independent, too.

Still, the way he feels, it would be very easy for him to die since he doesn't really care any more.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Poor Snape. And I'm sure that Dumbledore let him obsess over the mirror, too, because it served him well for his favorite tool to have no hope and no life of his own. And the guilt, too.

And no, he doesn't have very many happy memories-you wonder how he manages a Patronus.
pewterlocket chapter 9 . 11/28/2013
Lovely story!

Although I felt your portrayal of Snape's inner dialog relatively accurate, as a story I was getting a bit bored with how much of it there was. I think you might have been able to tell the same story with about 1/8 to 1/4 of the words. imo.

That said, I still thoroughly enjoy your prose and plotting. (Multiplying adverbs is still trying.)
Tatacolt chapter 7 . 6/26/2012
Amazing, I cannot believe that such a wonderful story has so little reviews. Loved it, goes to my favorites. Thanks!