Reviews for Thicker Than Blood
skunkmajor chapter 1 . 11/15
This is perfect
FxD chapter 1 . 10/10
I agree mostly. I was surprised too they let him life and even made HER save him...
I would have let him, drown
I also don't believe someone like Louis could ever realistically pull such a 360 and suddenly have "learned his lesson". That is a little too much farytailstuff for me
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
I dropped this manga cause of that guy I'd prefer a fanfic where the rape was prevented all together but this is still pretty good
Francisco Devilman Warrior chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
Yes ding dong the bastards dead. Lets us celebrate the same way i celebrated when Joffrey in game of thrones died doing da happy dance.

Thanks for this good job.
RecklessBaka chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
If this happened in the manga I wouldn't have dropped it.
Karano chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
Frankly, even if I didn't drop the manhwa, I still love this and see it as a better ending. I would choke that bitch if I could.
Mizuki00 chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
Yeah, though I'm satisfied by the conclusion Louis and Holly had in the manga (mostly because of the fact that they are helpful in future chapters... somehow), I now want to see this kind of ending! And man, I wonder what kind of broken smile Holly was expressing. I hope it's a happy one...
Enchanter468 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I was unaware you'd written anything for this series, though I did catch a bit of your rant on TV Tropes. I guess there will be two parts to this review, the first being the story itself and the second being my own thoughts on the Bali arc.

The story is not, as you called it, "crap". In fact, it's better written than I expected, given the way you were talking about it in your intro. It's very short, but considering you were only changing one thing (killing Louis and Holly), there's not really anything wrong with that. The only things I would correct you on are, first, that you wrote "wrapped together" as one word and, second, that if you stab someone through the heart with a broadsword, that's going to be INSTANTLY fatal; your opponent won't live long enough to try and pull the sword out.

Now, on to my thoughts on the Bali arc. As with you, I found Louis's treatment of Satellizer to be horrifying. I actually am sympathetic to incest pairings as long as its consensual, but that doesn't enter into it here, as this is straight abuse (I'm sure there are a few loving sibling couples out there, but unfortunately this is how it usually happens). I practically squeed when Holly ran Louis through and tossed his worthless ass off that cliff, but I had a rather different reaction to the flashback and to Satella saving him than you did. I know a lot of people (not sure if you were among them) interpreted the end of the arc as a message for young women on how to deal with sexual abusers: just put up with them.

Personally, I didn't take it that way at all. I felt that Satellizer saved Louis because of where she is now as a character. By this point, Satellizer has rediscovered enough of her own humanity, courtesy of Kazuya, that she can't let someone, much less a family member, die...even if said family member is a colossal douchebag. As Tommy Lee Jones said in Batman Forever "Stupid, but noble."

As for the flashback, I personally make a distinction between someone having sympathetic root motivations and someone being EXCUSED by those motivations. For instance, a psychopath who falls in love with a woman and then decides to kill any man who starts to get close to her. The psychopath's core motivation, infatuation with the woman, is sympathetic, but that does not excuse him for killing a bunch of people.

The flashback, to me, is meant to indicate that Louis is kind of like this. He does love his half sister, but in a horribly twisted way ("YOU can't abuse her; that's MY job!"). The affection he has for her is not an excuse for his actions; we're not supposed to like him. It's just an added layer to his character, giving him a motivation beyond "I'm evil." Of course, in spite of surviving, he doesn't go unpunished. Aside from the sword wound, he'll spend the rest of his life knowing that Satellizer, the only person he loves, will never submit to him and will never be his in any form whatsoever, and that his power as a noble and his power as a limiter will do nothing to help him.

Should he have died? I probably would have been happy with that, yes, but I personally don't think that what canonically happened means we're supposed to give him a free pass or consider him a good person.

I didn't mean to anger you with any of this, and I'm sorry if I did. This is just my personal opinion, and you are completely entitled to yours.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
that was so stupid he shouldnt have died and i thought an hopingthat louis would have raped that she was so weak
CelibateHero chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
I'll start off saying I have never read Freezing. I was just reading Umi No Haoshoku, and Stella was one of the characters.

So, naturally, I ventured into the wiki to learn more about the world. But when I discovered she was abused, I freaked out. I searched for a bunch of sites, trying to find someone that said it WASN'T rape, but everyone knew it was. And I was absolutely disgusted. I went to the TvTropes page, and found there is also a part where she is almost raped by three Limiters?

I'm absolutely disgusted with this manga. This story definitely didn't clear my rage, since my heart is still clenching and hurting and all that jazz because I can't see how the author can use rape as a plot point so easily. What the fuck. This story is well written, anyway. I just need some days because I'm so fucking mad. Good job. Sorry for the rant.
Phen0m20 chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Be forewarned, this review may turn into a rant.

First and foremost, I would like to thank you wholeheartedly for writing this fic. Despite your claims of "knowing the story is crap", I really enjoyed it and felt that the writing was very good. That cocksucker Louis el Brigid had it coming, and your version of the ending to the Siblings arc by all rights should have been canon.

Great job. on to the rant.

I am willing to say, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that Freezing is the absolute WORST thing I have ever seen in my entire life! Not just the worst anime or manga; worst ANYTHING. PERIOD.

Freezing was the most mean-spirited, cruel, and deplorable series I have ever laid eyes on.

The story and characters were alright I suppose, I won't fault it for that. But the fact that the creators made Satellizer, an innocent young woman, go through vast amounts of degrading physical, mental, emotional, and sexual abuse throughout the entire series, even AFTER suffering at the hands of her twisted and sick-minded incestuous little brother throughout her childhood and teen years without giving the audience ANY sort of gratifying payoff enraged me to the point of where I wanted to find the creators and kill them with my bare hands!

And the mere fact that in the manga, her brother doesn't face ANY consequences for his actions and is simply let off the hook and forgiven insulted me not only on an intellectual level, but on a very personal level as well. I mean, you don't build up a character as evil, hateful, cruel, and loathsome as Louis el Bridget to the point where the reader/viewer DEMANDS and ANTICIPATES his head to be served to them on a silver platter and fail to deliver, and you sure as hell don't try to justify his actions! I'm sorry, but that right there counter acted any and all positives this series may have had going for it. It also shows that the creators of this series have a severe lack of respect for their audience, and I find that to be absolutely unforgivable. This series seriously broke me.

Phew! Didn't think my rant on Freezing would be that long! Damn near wore me out, but venting my frustrations on this series felt great!

Anyway, now that that's off my chest, having read this story and enjoying it on the level that I did, I am now inclined to add both you and this fic to my personal favorites. Looking forward to indulging in more stories from you in the future. :)

edboy4926 chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Okay, I agree that him dying was well deserved, but did you have to kill his pandora as well.
Either way, good story
ShadowStorm666 chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
I quite liked it
i dropped the manga at the e same point
Asukaforever92 chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Very brutal and well deserved ending for Louis El Bridget. I agree the world is better of without him.
Slartibartfast42 chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
A much better ending than the poorly written crap Young wrote. The story wouldn't have change much at all if both of them really did die anyways. Best not to bother picking it up again as Freezing has been become a generic Harem series.