Reviews for Times Have Changed
aBlue Gillespian chapter 5 . 5/4/2012
Yeah, a hidden character study but so brilliant anyway. You know I love it, I kind of love abstract in every sense in art. Before reading you fictions I knew next to nothing about the Valeyard, but now my interest I picked I think he would easily become my favourite after the Master. You want to know what I've got from this story? I've got a nightmares of train tunnels and creepy crawlies. I was wondering why the Matrix was set as an earth kind of landscape with earth characteristics but it was probably to confuse Romana. Poor Romana though if you can't believe in your closest friend? What can you believe in, and when to it is added the fact that you can't believe your own, mind, eyes and senses... I don't know about the other readers but for me it makes perfect sense in a vague abstract way. The same way a picture from Mark Rothko makes. Although there is this moment in the end with the court room that kind of made sense but not really. Also it ended a bit abruptly, buy yet again it might have been how you wanted it to end. All in all I'm adding it to favourites if I haven't so far.
Son of Whitebeard chapter 5 . 4/17/2012
Nice the Doctor's brother Irving
MayFairy chapter 5 . 4/17/2012
I /think/ it made sense. :P

The bit with his journal was really neat, and you randomly got me thinking about including 'the journal of imposible things' in a part of one of my stories, so thanks for that! Though in a completely unrelated way, I might add... :P

The bit where the dolls were past Doctors was really great...and the ending with the piece of paper was really neat.

And it may be a well disguised character study...but it's still freaking awesome! The Valeyard NEEDS a character study!
Brownbug chapter 5 . 4/17/2012
You're very welcome, as always! :)

Loved the reference to Logopolis at the beginning, BTW, with the ghost town carved out of cream-coloured rock! And the council flats Romana ended up wandering around in, was that Rose's flats, or am I just reading stuff into stuff?

I enjoyed the journal part. I remember Four saying that he had kept a journal at one point in time but then gave it up. It's interesting to think of the Valeyard poring over it and going over all his old adventures as the Doctor and thinking how he (as the Valeyard) would have done it all differently. Loved the page dedicated to the Master, needless to say, especially my poor Hoodie-Master at the end, drawn in the Valeyard's ink. So why didn't the Valeyard annotate K-9's page - some residual affection there, perhaps? I almost wish Romana had sticky-beaked at her page, wonder what it would have said?

So the Valeyard was lecturing effigies of his different incarnations of the Doctor - were they on trial for what they had put their companions through? The companions being the faceless, shouty people? Or am I getting all that wrong?

And, at the every end, when Romana thinks she's safe and with her friends, has she succumbed to the wiles of the Valeyard/Matrix and just walked into a trap, to be erased by Time-Fire? Is that why the Doctor on the leaflet is silently shouting, to try to warn her, to no avail? Oooh, if so, that's very dark and twisty and a bit Stephen King-ish :) Hope I got that right :S

Anyway, that is what I got out of it, but if I am wrong, my apologies - as you know, a lot of Valeyard and Romana canon and para-canon goes right over my Master-centric head.

I won't bother to say how well-written it is, because - as always - that goes without saying :)
aBlue Gillespian chapter 4 . 2/27/2012
I absolutely loved no adore this chapter. I really have to congratulate you for your ability to write all this crazy dreamscapes or virtual realities or whatever the Matrix is in such a great way. I loved every word and line in this chapter. Was that the proverbal cupboard with skeletons? They were a lot. So part of defeating him is a trip down memory line, he sure has a lot to feel guilty about. And you used my two favourite Doctors here.(Four and Nine.)
Son of Whitebeard chapter 4 . 2/15/2012
This is very interesting to have the Valeyard, to be put into different facets as he was or is the Doctor.
MayFairy chapter 4 . 2/9/2012
Okay, I'm officially really confused. :P Were there talking pictures? Did they hurt the Valeyard?

It was a very good chapter, but would you mind explaining just a little?
aBlue Gillespian chapter 3 . 2/8/2012
I love your dreamscapes or not really a dream...but I love them you are brilliant in that kind of crazy stuff. And the creatures crawling up on her, the first instinctive reacton to flank them, push or scratch them, it was so vivid and I have phobia of crawling creatures it made me feel paranoid that there were creepy crawlies around me. These scene would be so much more better for a horror movie than some of the so called best horror scenes. You are a genius. Putting it in an old earth like train tunnel was a great idea. I never liked those but now even less, I'll never look at a tunnel the same way again. Oh and poor Romans realising that this was once her friend. I wonder if that's how the Doctor felt when his friend turned into the Master.
Brownbug chapter 4 . 2/8/2012
OK, have to admit to being a little confused, but that is probably me and my lack of knowledge of the relevant canon. So, I'm guessing the bones in the cupboard were the bones of all the Doctor's regenerations? So what was the deal with the space-suit one?

Beautifully written as usual, I could see it all happening perfectly in my head. :)
aBlue Gillespian chapter 2 . 2/8/2012
Oh god I totally forgot about this story until I got the e-mail for the new chapter. I love the detailed scene in the Matrix. You made it so real I could almost feel the wind blowing, being around 0 degrees outside sure helped. Is short but as I like to say quantity don't make quality.
Son of Whitebeard chapter 3 . 2/7/2012
Nice to see a holographic version of the Old West, this Valeyard even seems to be darker than the original.
MayFairy chapter 3 . 2/4/2012
This was amazing! Wow...just, wow. I mean, you clearly know a lot more about the Valeyard than me, but it's obvious how much Romana cared for the Doctor, and how much it kills her to see him like this, knowing that her Doctor would become what was in front of her.

I can't wait for more!
Brownbug chapter 3 . 2/4/2012
Ugh, spiders, hate 'em! Poor Romana! Beautifully written and descriptive. I love the way Romana figured out the spiders couldn't exist in the Matrix - she's a bright lady. Love it, keep going!
Brownbug chapter 2 . 12/14/2011
Very cool. Now you just need a "Vote Saxon" flyer - just joking! I love the way anything goes in the Matrix, you can make anything happen in a dreamscape. Look forward to the next bit!
MayFairy chapter 2 . 12/14/2011
Wait...there is more to this? I thought it was a one-shot! OMG now I'm supremely more excited! This was awesome! I loved the bit with the flyers, that was really neat...oh, I just love it, and can't wait for more!