Reviews for The Shepherd's Smile
Emerald Tinsel chapter 1 . 3/29
This is the perfect blend of titillating and innocent. You are an amazing writer.
StrangerisHere chapter 1 . 3/5
Once again, lovely piece. I just adore the way you write Carlisle and Esme's interactions. It's very fresh. Fluffy, but it has a depth to it. I don't know how else to say it realy except that you can TELL they have a history together in the things they say to each other. In that sense they really are like an old reminiscing couple watching their last son marry.
The other one shot I read of yours didn't have a descriptive lovemaking scene in it, so I was quite tickled to find myself caught up in that so unexpectedly ;) Ok so I wasn't prepared to find Esme and Carlisle making out in the grass outside in the middle of the night, but it's been a while since I've read this kind of fanfic, and certainly never had it featured these particular characters behaving in such a way. More for Rose/emmett you guess, but I am pleased to say it really works here. I think that's mostly owed to your grasp on Carlisle and Esme's relationship but I still really enjoyed it. Some of the prose is absolutle gorgeous for instance "her husband made love to her like the gentle predator he was, pursuing her viciously when she teased him, and punishing her for it with violent tenderness." That line was just made for giving me shivers. I loved the note Carlisle wrote to Edward, and yeah I admit i would have been pretty p'o'd if you hadnt shown it to us!
O. Doravic chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
There is a delicate beauty to your writing that not many other authors can grasp. I just love your use of metaphors and tenderness of speech between these characters. Wonderful addition to the Twilight series!
Mich chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
So beautiful. Thanks
BELAVERA chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
I am so glad that they have married. Obviously (from what Carlisle said at the reception) they had a lot of people attend the ceremony. As they took the time to unwind (just as Edward and Bella were probably doing) they were sentimental about their own wedding. I liked the letter that Carlisle wrote to Edward.
EsmeAnne5981 chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Aww poor Esme, forever to suffer, never knowing what was in the card. :) I felt you did well portraying why Carlisle would encourage Edward to love Bella physically and why Esme would not. I never thought about them disagreeing on that topic, and I liked how you portrayed their arguments. It was very well written and full of emotion. I loved it!
Faybel chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
I never read anything so lovely before. This shouldn't be sitting on a fan site at all. Should be in a book.
kittensky5495 chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
Your writing is truly inspirational. Thank you for this amazing story.
Charbearity chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I wanted to be the 100th reviewe for this fic! It was absolutely fabulous;)
Tastetherainbow929 chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Your writing is so poignant in this one shot. You manage to write so well from each character's point of view. I could totally envision Carlisle writing something like this to Edward, it really defines their father/son relationship. And the romance with Esme was just lovely as always.
Lilac Gaze chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Very beautiful writing. I loved the way Carlisle was thinking of his son's wisdom and new freedom in how he will become a husband. Carlisle was the best role model for Edward, we all know that was where Edward learned to be such a perfect partner to Bella. He thinks only of her and nothing of himself, just like Carlisle thinks of Esme.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
i am amazed at how well you know the soul of carlisle. You have made Carlisle my know how much pain i felt watching Breaking Dawn part two with the twist. My tears are for my beloved Carlisle and Esme that i am now part of because of your beautiful you
Cosmic Diary chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Oh my gosh this was so beautiful it seriously made me cry!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
The way you write the love scenes is mesmerising
abbyweyr chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Thank you for letting us read the note. Beautifully written scenes between Esme and Carlisle.