Reviews for Nightmare Spike
jg1399 chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
That was the best story I've read in a while. Epic ending.
Waypoint chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Yeah the Kick-Ass scene felt a bit forced. But otherwise a fun read.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Great work, I had a lot of fun reading it. The ending was fun and unexpected!
dALEkilLsU chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
sorry, supernatural, not mystery. i just read like, 20 stories a day and sometimes its hard to keep track.
dALEkilLsU chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
well, i liked it. i recently started reading stories outside the romance list, and this was the second mystery one i read. (PS, the spiderman referance is as obvious as spikes love for rarity, 0 for subtlety.)(PSS, i think i mispelled subtlety, and i am a master of spelling, so if i did its a very big deal to me, even though it has no affect whatsoever on my grade, it damages my pride.)(PSSS, im literally not trying to gloat, but i have a 150 IQ, so thats why it bothers me big time to screw up academicly.)
antiassasinguy chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
I cannot say that I did not enjoy this story, because in all honesty I did. Special commendation goes to just how well you kept every single one of these characters actually IN-character without the need for over-dramatization and improvisation. Your grammar already puts you well above eighty percent of the community, and probably nineteen of the remaining twenty percent.

Spike's dynamics with the characters were well thought out, and his interactions, as well as those of the secondary ponies, were as well done as can be. I have minor qualms here and there, but nothing significant enough that experience in the field would quickly fix. Overall, well done.

The only major qualm I actually, really have, though, was the "Kick-Ass scene" that you inserted. Although I'm not so big a fan of the comic myself, I can say that the piece was somehow forced into being rather than described in natural flow. The whole story would have gone to a slightly higher level, or remained the same, at least, without it. It was overall, almost unnecessary.

Good work, though, and well done on a well done story.

3.5 Stars out of 4.
Moku5 chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
"And three jerks who think it's okay to kidnap a lady ..." he paused while his breathing returned to normal, "... just so you don't have to work your own asses off? And you wanna know what's wrong with me?"

Kickass is the greatest movie ever. Respect good sir
ultimateCCC chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
The Dragon of Destruction, known as Nightmare Spike.