Reviews for The Good Brother
Bonbonnett chapter 16 . 1/4/2012
Is the glass half-empty or half-filled? The amount within is still the same. So it is with happiness - one must be content with the amount one has. To wish for more leads only to discontent.
sacredwoman chapter 16 . 1/4/2012
This is a good story. I hope everything works out for Darcy and Elizabeth and that Anne will find peace.

xxPrideandPrejudicexx chapter 16 . 1/4/2012
This is really heartbreaking :( It is so obvious that they both like each other but they are both bound because of Darcy's marriage to Anne, and you cannot blame Anne for it either. Great story thanks.
Aki no Ryu chapter 7 . 1/4/2012
Wow... This is a very mature fanfic, I think. I was assuming that Anne would feel a little jealous if and when her cousin/husband starts falling for the lively Miss Elizabeth. Not because Anne loves him but because she is a woman. Apparently I was wrong in my assumption. This is very interesting. I think I'll be very sad when Anne passes away.
violetdelirium chapter 16 . 1/4/2012
Is it bad that I can't wait for Anne to die so that Elizabeth and Darcy can get together?

I like the way you offer us the Jane-Bingley happiness on one hand and the Darcys' suffering on the other. Makes for a balanced chapter and it feels like a lot happened even if it hasn't.
YepItsMe chapter 16 . 1/4/2012
Lizzy seems to be still clueless as to Darcy's feelings for her but Im glad they are talking to each other comfortably. He needs that.

And yay for Jane and Bingley!
kandern chapter 16 . 1/4/2012
How great that Mary is now married, Jane engaged and Elizabeth "in the know" regarding Darcy & Anne's marriage! The time in Hunsford should be interesting. Thanks for continuing this story with a few unique twists.
YepItsMe chapter 14 . 1/3/2012
Yay! The Hag has been kicked to the curb! Lol

So awesome that they ran into each other at the theater, and also that Anne was feeling well enough to attend at all.
YepItsMe chapter 13 . 1/3/2012
Aww thats so sad...but no surprise as they knew she is ill. I hate to think of her suffering, though.

It's ridiculous that Bingley has to leave his own house to get away from his sisters. I think I would be looking to get Caro a place of her own, or ship her off to the Hursts'. Anyway, I hope he doesnt let their objections sway him and will go back to Hertfordshire with or without Darcy, as he has to do whats best for Anne.

Onto next chapter!
xxPrideandPrejudicexx chapter 14 . 1/1/2012
This is a great story so far. Really sad about Anne :( and the way Darcy takes care of her while loving Elizabeth is really sweet. Can't wait to read more. Thanks :)
Bonbonnett chapter 14 . 12/31/2011
Nasty, horrid, mean-spirited Caroline! Stomp her flat - I say!

Seeing Jane at the theatre, what a wonderful meeting for them! I

hope all goes well for them now.

Poor Anne, and poor Darcy, too!
ILoveCherryLimeade chapter 14 . 12/31/2011
I love how Bingly didn't let himself be totally convince agents Janes love for him and How Darcy actually helped convince him of her lobe for him
Jelly Babes 101 chapter 14 . 12/31/2011
I am just absolutely loving this!
kandern chapter 14 . 12/31/2011
Nice continuation - I'm glad that your Bingley has a spine and is not falling under his sister's spell. I also like how Darcy got emotional hearing about Anne's health as it shows his softer side. How neat that Bingley and Jane are finding each other by chance and hope that things continue going well for the two of them. Great job!
Emaelin chapter 14 . 12/31/2011
This is quite lovely! I honestly don't know why I haven't read it sooner, having read all of your Obidala stories earlier this week. Your writing is genuine, you capture the characters so brilliantly. I may only be an ignorant American, but I find I always enjoy good British writing and grammar better than anything else. Anyway, I find myself particularly enjoying your portrayal of Anne. She always struck me as a character that didn't get quite enough attention in the original book. I felt she had more of a story to tell than just that she was the 'sickly' daughter of Lady Catherine. I can't wait to see how you resolve this tangle of misunderstanding you've placed our beloved characters into. Keep writing! Hugs and cookies, ~E
207 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »