Reviews for Uncovering the Truth
I think there was more to Dallas Winston. That like deep down there was a scared little kid who hated being a greaser but he didn't know how to deal with it so he covered it up with that tough guy act. I'd like to think that Dally had seen plenty of sunsets but never liked to admit it. To me it wasn't to late. Even if it seemed that way.
Unknown identity 90 chapter 17 . 7/30
I started this at 2 am before stopping midway and continuing today. I loved it :) it made me laugh and even more interesting throwing Tim in it
The Warty Hogg chapter 14 . 6/29
If you are still following this account, your copyright infringement has been reported to S. E. Hinton and she is having her lawyers contact FFN to have it removed.
I'll try to stay gold... for Johnny.
Poor Pony
ASL-Pirates-Lover chapter 17 . 5/30
This has become my fav Outsiders Fanfic! This was amazing! You should do a little spin off fanfic where we see the gang talking about the book. Like when Darry and Soda said they were gonna talk about this later, or a fic where the gang is trying to get Pony to stop smoking. Thanks for making this! :)
meimei1 chapter 17 . 3/12
aww man I'm sad this is finished but that was a hell of a ride! I really enjoyed every single chapter of it! Everyone was perfectly in character, and I love seeing how they all reacted to the essay but also the little side plots along the way, like Tim and Curley and the cigarettes. This was honestly so much fun to read. Can I just pretend this is canon!? Everyone's alive and happy and I love it. You took my favorite gang of greasers and gave them a happy ending. I love you for that. Also loved how you made it realistic - Darry and Pony are still going to have there shortcomings, Soda's still going to be in the middle at times, Two-bits still drinking heavily, etc. You gave them a nice ending, but also a real one. I especially love how they've grown closer to each other, and Steve and Pony get along, and Pony doesn't dislike Dally anymore. You really showed how much they've all matured and how they've come to respect and accept one another as a family and not just a gang. Dally's still a tough hood, but he's not walking around ready to die young and violent and desperate- he knows he has Johnny and the whole gang as family. Tim's still Tim, and maybe he will end up how Dally did in the essay, but maybe he knows he's got to be there and stick around for Curley.
I love that you didn't change who they are and how they live, you kept them true to themselves, and showed how they had developed.
This was so beautiful and well-written. The ending was perfect. I kind of fell out of The Outsiders fandom a few years back, and I'm so glad I found this and got to remember all the things i loved about it. I've been feeling pretty down about school and everything lately and reading this and actually laughing throughout was exactly what I needed. They have it tough, but they've got each other, and that's really all they need.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing this! It's brilliantly written! I'll be sure to check out some of your other stuff because this is fantastic. Really, great premise, great characters, great plot, i dont know what more to ask for.
meimei1 chapter 16 . 3/11
Ahah I love Tim's entrance at the end, I can so imagine him doing that.
I really loved this chapter! Nice that things are cleared up with the cigarettes and i love how Two-Bit and Steve are ready to bust out the popcorn and watch the drama unfold. Glad it's not too awkward for them when the Curtis boys fight. Also laughing about how Two-bit wants in on the cigarette business. I cant wait to see where it goes from here! And also eager to see Tim's thoughts again! He's missed a hell of a lot, i wonder how he will react to Dally and Johnny being dead lol. Cant wait to read more! Thank you for writing!
meimei1 chapter 15 . 3/11
another great chapter! I liked where you went with Ponyboy selling the cigarettes, and with Curley to. Hope Darry will go easy on him when he sees that Pony's selling them and not smoking them all. Even still he probably does need to cut back, the kids on track team! lol. A little heartbreaking to read Pony getting mixed up and confused about what happaned. At least he still had his cheek lol. I don't know people characterize him as being wimpy and meek. He talks back, he's real cheeky and funny, he fights well, etc... I think the main reason he kept his mouth shut was because he was the youngest and maybe felt a bit out of place at times, being around a bunch of older, harder boys. But he sure isn't weak or timid or anything like that. And Im really glad you dont think so either. I love how you've written him and everyone else for that matter. Thank you so much for writing! cant wait to read more!
meimei1 chapter 14 . 3/11
awww this was a great chapter. I like that you went with a humorous side, that part of the book was really heavy. It's so nice to see the gang laugh it off and decide who died gallant and joke around. Also loving the little moments between Ponyboy and Johnny. I'd always imagined that if Johnny hadn't died they would of had a really deep understanding of each other, they others wouldn't get, because of there time in Windrixville. Thinking of that makes me sad again lol. Im really glad you made this funny rather then sad. I actually dont quite remember how The Outsiders finished, so the next few chapters here are probably going to be a bit of a surprise. Also still wondering how its going to go down with Ponyboy and all the cigarettes his been smoking. Hope they're not too harsh on him, but at the same time, if even Dally is concerned with his smoking you know its gone too far. Hope it works out for him, i need my happy ending lol.

im off to read the next chapter! Thankyou always for writing this! its such a pleasure to read!
meimei1 chapter 13 . 3/11
oh wow! I've been waiting for this moment lol. I really enjoyed how it when down. Darry taking the essay and defending Ponyboy, Two-Bit being amused and not angry by the changes, Dally being downright furious. I love that Dally was able to laugh it off when Ponyboy stood right up to him. That was a really good moment. Shows much they've both changed since the essay was written for the better. Previously Ponyboy would have kept his mouth shut, and if he hadn't Dally would of decked him. It's good to see the relationship they have now, even it can be tense at times, they still respect each other.

uh-oh, Ponyboy sure is going to cop it from Darry with all those cigarettes. Atleast maybe it will get everyones mind off the essay for abit. Poor Ponyboy's drawing all the short straws here lol.

Cant wait to read more! Thanks for writing!
meimei1 chapter 12 . 3/10
oh dear, I'm glad Ponyboy got to sneak off before they read that chapter! I don't even want to imagine the confrontation with him and Dally if they'd been in the same room. Though I think Dally's more confused then angry at this point, just wait untill we got to the part we he dies. I love how Johnny and Darry occasionally laugh at the irony of whats written while Ponyboy's getting more and more anxious about it. I wonder whats going to happen form here on out. From what I remember the book gets quite depressing with Dally dying and Ponyboy getting mixed up and all. I think that'll be real hard for them to read.
I know i've said this before, but i really love how Im getting to pick up on little things about The Outsiders that i didnt notice before. I love the line read and having them react to it, it really gives a clear sense of who did and said what and why. Anyway off to read the next chapters, thank you for writing!
meimei1 chapter 11 . 3/10
Another really great chapter! I'm starting to feel the tension with the story not going quite as planned. I really want to see how Dally's going to react to not only Johnny dying but him aswell. I'm glad the Curtis boy's are closer then ever now, and i think i said this before, but i really like Ponyboy is getting along with Steve and Dally now. Though maybe not for much longer lol. I hope Dal forgives Ponyboy. I think Johnny will be able to bring him round. I also really like the friendship dynamic with Ponyboy and Johnny compared with Dally and Johnny. I always found that really interesting in the book.
ANyway can't wait to read more! thank you for writing!
meimei1 chapter 8 . 3/9
Gahhh this was such a feel good chapter! Still loving every reaction and also the humor. It's funny, I think if Johnny and Dally hadn't died I would of looked back on The Outsiders as a really funny book, but i always remembered it as a tragedy. So cool to see whats changed and whats stayed the same. Where getting closer to Johnny dying, and I'm so curious how it's going to play out, and how Dally especially will react to hearing it. Can't wait to read more! thank you for writing!
meimei1 chapter 7 . 3/9
'He could improve his spelling'

god i love Ponyboy lol. I remember snorting the first time I read it. The letter built up to this really dramatic, sad point, and then Ponyboys all like 'meh'.

Another fantastic chapter! I'm really loving all there reactions, and seeing how they've changed and how they've stayed the same. Like Ponyboy and Johnny growing up and Dally and two-bit agreeing with there former selves.
I really love the whole atmosphere its written in. Like even when there making quips at each other and fighting, it still feels so warm. I really do feel like im sitting in the room laughing and reading with them. Your an excellant writer! You completely draw me into the scene straight away. I just love seeing everyones commentary on Ponyboy's thoughts.

Im meant to be writing an english essay (already 2 days late!) But i cant stop reading this. Im going to have to turn the internet off or something, because i know if i get further into this i wont be able to stop. I wish i could pace myself when i read, im going to finish this too quickly lol, gotta make good things last.
I'm curious about what you thought of the movie? I really liked all the characters (especially Ralph Macchio as Johnny, it was exactly how i pictured him) But I've always been a little conflicted about Matt Dillon as Dally. I just had such a clear image of him in my head as having blonde hair and blue eyes. It was literally mentioned so many times that he had blonde hair lol, like every scene he's in. I kind of see movie Dally and book Dally as two different people. Still, i think its really great for a book-to-film movie.

anyway, thank you again for writing!