Reviews for Something Borrowed
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
I agree - the ladies DIDN'T thank Della enough.
razraz chapter 16 . 12/26/2011
"scrumptiously complementing the laugh lines around his eyes as his wife always put it when she was trying to seduce him into having one more child." someone how don't think he needed an awful lot of convincing.

I love this "It was the amount of love that had taken him off guard. The kind of energy his children cost him but all the things he got back instead. And although he still loved nothing more than loving up his wife in the privacy of their bedroom, watching her asleep on the couch with the three darling creatures she had given him, safely tucked away in her motherly arms, came in on a very close second."

"She had agreed to not retire until he would learn to find her level of gratification in just being ther for their family." loved this sentiment.

"The day your grand-daughters asked what it is you are doing at the office since I seem to be doing al the work," ha ha loved this section.

"Would you have married me if he hadn't broken your heart"

"I'm sure I would have, eventually"

love how you have them loving each other but still teasing every chance.

Thank you for your wonderful story - what a delight!raz
razraz chapter 15 . 12/26/2011
"and finally admitted to herself that she wouldn't be able to put Perry, the practice and her baby first all at once." ahhh so Della.

"Please don't grow all housewifely on me after our baby's born" - so Perry.
razraz chapter 14 . 12/26/2011
This was so sweet - and love the "how in the world are we going to explain my pregnancy to your clients?"

"The birds and the bees"
razraz chapter 13 . 12/26/2011
This was great, loved the way the choices flow around their personalities and wants yet how they are working to a compromise. Nice way for Perry to receive cerebral rejuvenation.

I did like the "You feel asleep on me/You didn't feed me exchange."

Love your stuff
razraz chapter 12 . 12/26/2011
"assuming this isn't one of your courtroom theatrics to win one of your cases" - hee hee Andy - I'll bet Tragg is still hoping it is.

and "not one trace of annoyance as she pursed her lips - I bet that nettled Eva immensely.

nice image of her leaning against the door as she let Andy in. I like how she does that as if in that moment she has a mini rest, while Perry watches of course.
razraz chapter 11 . 12/26/2011
you've made them eating breakfast incredibly sexy.

Favourite line though "We do not work in pictures,Perry" - not even sure why it is, probably just because she knows exactly were he is leading the conversation.

and of course"People hire me to bend the rules,"

you've added another dimension to bacon eating - nice work
razraz chapter 10 . 12/26/2011
making up for years of sensual starvation - what a wonderful description

and

enjoying the afterglow as much as their act of love.

I think the rest speaks for itself
razraz chapter 9 . 12/26/2011
Again Paul " I never thought I would live to see this day."..."I'm happy I did." and "let him spoil you a little.

Oh and poor Tragg he's just not in the running. But he can still get up Perry's nose.
razraz chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
"Then her feet suddenly stepped forward, fear dragging her down but her heart pushing her forward."

I loved this description and then Perry being the rope she needs. Mae and Paul's prayers - bless them.
razraz chapter 7 . 12/26/2011
"Do you have to get married?" The elderly lady asked and met Perry's beaming smile with the suspicion of a protective parent." great line - and a rightly placed sentiment from Della's aunt despite Perry's justification - though I do love this "before Della could defend her faltering chastity." Although I'd say it was well and truelly busted.

of course I love the"They always have been," Della replied innocently. "Fully demonstrated or not." and Mae's "yet a mite more intimate than she deemed decent before the vows."

I'm loving this story.
razraz chapter 6 . 12/26/2011
"it was his secretary who oozed satisfaction and sin." (in a reserved and demure Della like manner I expect).

Love Paul!

I love, love love this

"I never intended to keep our wedding hushed-up" the attorney kissed her again, her lips trembling now against his. "Private but not hushed up."

The last two paragraphs are perfect.
razraz chapter 5 . 12/26/2011
Bless Paul for teasing Perry but thinking he had stayed because Della had cried all night. I loved exchange between the two friends.
razraz chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
This is sooo good - love this line "Although the attorney had always believed to know his confidante's face when she was at ease, he now knew it was one of the secrets she had managed to keep from him. "

(of course the "his eyes were glued on the woman beside him, faintly resembling his dutiful secretary." great stuff)
razraz chapter 3 . 12/26/2011
'she was too vulnerable to answer him"

but I can't pick any more out from this it is soo good, how you tangle their desire and their hesitation, their independence even, whirled around with their physical volcano - and then toss in Bear valley and a spying Perry - I never would have thought Perry could be described as a peeping tom and through this all you never loose their characters one iota.