Reviews for The Perfect Tree
L J Groundwater chapter 1 . 6/14/2012

Sometimes that's all there is to say.
leyva1130 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Excellent history of these two simply wonderful!
MsDubstep chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
This was so sweet! I really liked the humor in it as well. You really write them quite nicely.
ASuDC chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Alynwa...this story really made my day. ;-)))

It’s the perfect story to put me in the right mood for Christmas...and it has so many sweet and loving Alan and Denny moments:

Alan glaring at Denny - because it is his fault that they are on the run all day in search of a Christmas tree. Since he turned down all trees Alan had selected. LOL

But Denny has a good reason: he wants a special tree for their first Christmas together and he wants to re - ignite the Christmas spirit in Alan again. ;-) Aw...Denny is really such a caring it. ;-)

Later at home, Denny locked the living room doors to keep Alan away - so he can’t see how the tree will be decorated. He even covered the living room windows in the backyard with newspapers. ROFL

However, the absolute highlight for me is the engraved square silver ornament – no wonder Alan was too. _

Pointing out Alan and Dennys thoughts is a great idea - and calling Alan the younger Mr. Crane, and Denny blindfolding his hubby is a nice touch, too. :-)))

I really like your writing style a lot...your surroundings descriptions is always wonderful - and it is incredible how lovingly and well in character you write Alan and Denny. ;-))) That’s absolutely awesome ;-)

For that reason I have a tiny question: Is there any chance that you will write a Christmas Alan and Denny story? Just asking. ;-)))

Anyway, not only the tree is perfect, the story too. _ Thanks a lot for writing it and please keep going. _
MLaw chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
What a great story and beautifully visual! Definitely not 'just a tree,' and the ornament was the perfect touch. Nicely done!
Alan wannabe chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
It was almost as when I was a kid and my mother made a dramatic presentation of everything. Someimes I feel as if your Denny is my mother, just not Southern Bapist ( quite).The evil ness of homosexuality, the outrage at everything not orthodox, the reproval at each thing not just right, it's no wonder that Alan and I both have some trouble with his (her?) lack of tolerance of each im-perfect thing, this story mad me feel reminecent and resentful at the same time. Denny is so traditional, and Alan so accepting that I feel them both at the same time! I was wrong feeling that Ilya gave you an advantage, in being a foreigner. With Denny, you have the likewise aadvantage, as you see he and Alan as so different!