Reviews for Connecticut: A New World
J.A.T chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
I must say this is a good way to begin your story, it has hooked my atenchon and I'me interested in chapter two.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
This story could be aided by adding more detail and more dialog. To be honest, this sounds kind of like an 8th grader wrote this for their creative writing class. Props to you for coming up with the concept, now if you can take the material you have right here and spread it out over several more pages, with more detail, this could turn into something decent. Well done, though it needs work. Any writing does. I spent literally two months on a short story and am still not happy with it.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 3 . 4/8/2012
Interesting chapter! I particularly like the end.

“You're the only one, as far as I know, that has any military experience in Hartford.” “The 1st Infantry, the professionals that they were, did not cheer or applaud as militia might but instead answered him by standing at attention and giving a quick, precise salute accompanied by the shouting "Yes Lord Hooker!"” This seems slightly contradictory to me.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
Nice chapter! The council's discussion was very well done.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Great first chapter! The background is very interesting.

The dialogue punctuation is a bit off through. For instance: '"Lord Hooker" the breathless man said.' should be '"Lord Hooker," the breathless man said.'

The end is nice. I hope you update soon!