Reviews for Please Forgive Me
Melissa chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
Well this is sad but a good story I love your writting!
Lollipop chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Aww soo cute and sad
Juliette Potter-Black chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
This is so sad and I love it, really harry's prayer was heartbreaking will you consider adding another chapter?
IceCreamNinja chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
I nearly cried! This is so sad and so powerful. Poor little Harry! Could you tell me, how old is he in this fanfic?
sneaky lunitic spy chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
God damn durslys.
Spottedpool chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
aw! poor harry! About how old is he supposed to be? :'(
RaRnRn chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
I absolutely admire your writing. The details of the abuse were perfect and Petunia's personality was perfectly depicted within the story. Keep writing. I really enjoyed this story and I can't wait to read more from you!
Gentleman of York chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
This is a disturbing scene partly because of the general topic of child abuse, but also because of your excellent writing. While the lashing Vernon gives is itself a vivid image of brutality (I love the phrasing of "The cold metal of the belt whipped down on his soft skin...") it's the events leading up to it, and the clear anxiety of both Petunia and Harry that builds the suspense and makes the lashing worse. "Aunt Petunia went upstairs into her bedroom and pretended that she didn't know what was about to happen." How you depicted her was my favorite ingredient of this story. You can't really see her; she's a shrill voice calling out for Dudley. But you can sense clearly her conflict; she knows it's wrong to punish Harry the way Vernon is abusing him, but she feel she can't do anything to stop it. She only wants Dudley out of the way of her husband's wrath.

I think this story could have an even greater impact, though, if you lengthen it; perhaps adding more description to Harry's punishment by having him experience the moment longer instead of skipping the reader ahead one hour. Also, by coming in later with a moment when we can really see Petunia after previously only sensing her. I used to write short one-shots all the time but began lengthening my stories once I began creating and writing characters on www. rmimagic .com. It's a creative writing site where you get to create as many characters as you want and place them within the world of Harry Potter, and they interact with other characters written by other authors on the site. I know it's helped other authors explore other writing mechanisms, as it has me. On the whole, though, I really enjoyed this story. I usually shy away from disturbing scenes but this was written so well and so... the word i want to use is, "respectfully". Respectful to the situation that Harry was unfortunately in. Thank you for this.