Reviews for Partners
ebfiddler chapter 6 . 2/23/2012
Loved this exchange: "He had questions about our proximity in the observation room," she said evenly, keeping her voice low. "Ah," Castle replied, bobbing his head. "How dead am I?" he added after a minute. She took a sip of coffee to cover the laughter. His eyes were repentant, but his mouth was smirking, and it was just so quintessentially Castle that she couldn't help but enjoy it. "You're not," she said once she'd found her game face again. That got a good reaction.

And Kate hasn't told him. Dr Burke is right to give her a hard time about this. Still, "My therapist says I should tell you..." is so *not* a good way to tell it. She has to buck up and work up the courage. She's no coward...but when it comes to facing her deepest feelings, she gets awfully close. It's when people are worried about hurting someone they love that they tend to hurt most.
ebfiddler chapter 5 . 2/23/2012
Been away on vacation, and had some catching up to do on this story. So I read again from the beginning, and since I hadn't reviewed this chapter, I wanted to say: What an exquisite first date! *I* want to go to that restaurant! And not only that, but it's lovely to see aspects of the two characters that we don't often see, drawn out by the special circumstances they find themselves in here. Kate more relaxed than we're used to seeing her, actually enjoying herself; Rick showing himself to be a good guy (well ok, we already knew that), but in ways that we don't get to see. The bit about his providing start-up money for the chef was a really nice touch.
Mark C chapter 12 . 2/23/2012
The thing between Rick and Kate here was they disagreed on him continuing to investigate. You did an amazing job getting that point across. I really liked how you had them slowly calm down and when the doctor came and went, had given them time to finally come up with a compromise.

Giving Kate the idea that they don't continue to investigate is a good idea. That, I think they can agree with because they don't want to see each other get killed because of it.

It was nice to see them make-up but a hospital bed probably wasn't the best choice to do so. You did great with that scene in the end. Loved Rick's last line to close the chapter.
ShotsyGirl chapter 12 . 2/23/2012
It's very good. I especially love that you draw them back into them, their humor (and the title) at the end.

I can't say that it quite matched the rigor / fierceness / raw, exposed emotion I was expecting and Kate never quite caved to the realization that Castle was willing to go on without her or without her ever being ready for their relationship like I was hoping, but it gave me other things I was not expecting like Kate and her feelings about being in the hospital. (I did read one fic after I posted that last comment to you that I thought did this really well, but I can’t recall the name of it…and sucky me, I didn’t leave a review for him/her because I was reading on my husband’s phone. I'll have to rectify this!)

I had to re-read in some spots because Kate said some things on occasion that I thought for sure would have been things Castle would be saying, like: "Just because you're scared doesn't mean you can box it up and push me out like it doesn't exist." So, then I’d come to the next couple of lines and go, “Wait! Kate said that?” and have to re-read that section.
knittingeek chapter 12 . 2/23/2012
I'm not usually a fan of angsty fics but this was done well and I can really see them having this conversation. Loved the little bit of fluffy resolution at the end ;o))))
I'm Widget chapter 12 . 2/23/2012
lol I wondered when someone would walk in.
ER-Freaky chapter 12 . 2/23/2012
love it 3
MirandaJayne chapter 12 . 2/23/2012
I think that's the best written fight I've read between these two. Logical, heartbreaking & maturely resolved - brilliant!
Kateit chapter 12 . 2/23/2012
I really want to know what happens next!
Minal chapter 12 . 2/23/2012
I soo loved it, so realistic.

Loved the way you've potrayed Rick.
demuredemeanor chapter 12 . 2/23/2012
Finally able to review this glorious piece of awesomesauce! Now...

I love that it didn't get resolved, neither 'caved' to the others demands. But then she suggested the only thing that does make sense, forget it, be happy in spite of it. They can't live without each other and her mother wouldn't want her to lose that chance in favour of her.

Bravo - but I expect no less :)
someheartslove chapter 12 . 2/23/2012
"I'm not trying to get into your bed," he clarified, still standing five feet from her, hands at his side, slumped. "I'm trying to make sure you make it back to your bed every night, whether or not I'm in it." - if they ever come to this point in the show, I want this line to be in it. He said it so simply, and it has so much meaning.

Love it how you semi-resolved this fight.

I absolutely loves when he said all the beds and breakfasts weren't worth her getting killed.

And hahaaha Leave it to Castle and Beckett to have sex, for the first time, in small hospital bed with unlocked doors.

I love how you resolved his secret here. I think probably the was way of doing it that I read here.
Deb838 chapter 12 . 2/23/2012
Ohhhh they are both so pig-headed... but especially Kate!

I like that they're heading toward resolution though... :)
killmypatience chapter 12 . 2/22/2012
hopefully they are good again!
logologist chapter 12 . 2/22/2012
As much as I hate them fighting and want everything between them to be peachy and sunshiny, I gotta love how you write them. Even in a fight. "Walls the size of China" is probably my favorite line, just because of how much it really fits…
673 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »