Reviews for we looked like giants
gr8rockstarrox chapter 1 . 6/2
I read this story a long time back, and I bookmarked it to favourite it when I logged in. I forgot all about it, and a year later, here I was, clearing out the bookmarks on my phone when I found this.

I can still remember the story - that speaks volumes of how well you've written it. Thanks for posting such a wonderful story.
gr8rockstarrox chapter 1 . 9/12/2015
I have no idea why I cried so much as I read it. I was probably just PMSing, but the story of impossible love? It makes it all the better. Though I'd never indulge in anything with my cousins (they're all tiny brats), I just loved this story. Somehow, I was able to empathise with Dominique. The story was great. I'm favouriting this when I log in from my laptop.
Cheers,
gr8rockstarrox
opaque-girl chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
OMGGG I LOVED THIS :3
xoBrandyxo123 chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
Loved this, it was so heartbreaking, yet beautiful. I wish there was more. :)
thebluefeather chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
I know this fic was posted over two years ago, but I am still faithfully leaving you a review because I must favorite this!
This is the first James/Dominique story I've read and I loved it.
The whole time when you were talking about how the story had many endings (some unhappy) I was not expecting it to end the way it did. "And that's how it ends." Perfect.
Basileya chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Absolutely amazing and beautiful and great and perfect. Love the couple and the story. Hope you write more oneshots about them :)
hawkeyeforever chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Beautiful! Happy Writing:)
TamariChan chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Wow, I was so sure I reviewed this, but I checked and I haven't! Where to start... your writing is fabulous, better than fabulous. It's engrossing, suspenseful, gorgeous, and made me start a wild hunt for fics as good that led me back here, months later. One of my absolute favorites and a wonderful piece.
WalkingTheTightrope chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
I like this ending. Much better than not seeing each other until another family get together.
I should feel... ashamed? No, weird... yeah... that I ship James and Dominique together. All well.
Emindi chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Beautiful. So, so beautiful. I really love your writing style and your way with words, and how you can convey so much, with so little. Brilliantly written!
semsung chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
ok that was really good like a short novel i like your writing style

Now this goes to everyone who wrote or read a similar story like this one.

cousin marriage isnt incest its even prefered by some cultures (i'm talking about a billion people here )i mean just google it, it might be a taboo in the us or general west europe but its not ilegal ( ok there are some states in the us where it is indeed ilegal )

Well i guess it is more interesting and better for a story or novel to connect love with some kind of taboo.
semsung chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
ok that was really good like a short novel i like your writing style
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
OhMyGod. ... I can't. This was just. Beautiful. Stunning. Amazing. Flawless.

Agfhkdhgdd, I now ship this pairing so much, seriously. I cannot get over how amazing this was.

And I loved how your voice showed through in the piece, but it didn't take focus away from Domimique&James. And adhahkfdh, there was that struggle between them, because they didn't think they were right and adgjkhddhj just flawless and ugh I don't even know what to say.

I loved how you dealt with what happened when they got found out, 'cause a lot of cousincest fics don't deal with that, and it was just perfect in here, and so realistic.

I loved this sososo much. &hearts
GinevraXO chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Oh dear Merlin, this is so much better than perfection. I have devoured this, and I know I will for all eternity.

James and Dominique is my OTP, although people frown on it and judge me for shipping them but this is everything I imagine them to be.

This is so beautiful, and and your words have made them beautiful too. I can't stop gushing over your work, nothing will ever beat this piece of fiction for me.

It made me smile, and it made me cry and I cannot tell you how many times I'm going to read this in the future. You have a talent for writing, and you and this piece is so indescribably amazing.

Please keep writing, because I am going to have every alert set for you in the hope that you'll write something else as perfect as this piece.
Phoebe chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
This is just... amazing. I honestly can't form any other words right now. I'm speechless. But, I'll try and leave a decent review anyway.

I have never been the biggest fan of this pairing, always going for the less popular pairing of Fred II/Dominique, but this made me absolutely love the couple.

You portrayed James very differently to how I have imagined him in the past but I love your portrayal.

To me, Dominique's seem to have a lot of angst. Too much. But yours had the perfect balance of angst, sweetness and downright bitchiness sometimes. I loved her! Dominique is one of my favourites from the next gen but I won't ramble any more.

Basically I loved your story and I can't say any more than that right now because I am so blown away by it 3