Reviews for The Way of Tea
Wai-Jing Waraugh chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
This is very nice. It reads very authentically. I'm not well acquainted with Sen no Rikyu or the history surrounding him, but one of the few depictions I've heard of portrayed him as an over-ambitious, neurotic man whose hubris caused his own depth. In contrast to that, I like that you didn't make any of his motivations political; your version of him is very much an artist, focused on his craft, devoted to a similarly elegant and uncomplicated approach to all facets of his life, steadfastly devoted to his ideals unto death. Each section was brief, but they flowed well into one another, and you got a sense of the passage of time.
Very elegantly written.
NovaLinx chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Wow...That was a really interesting and sad story. From what I have read, Sen no Rikyu must have been an amazing man with high morals and great wisdom. His passion for tea was beautiful. Hideyoshi did not have to have to make Sen no Rikyu kill himself over the statue. He could have had the statue removed. Sen no Rikyu definitely did go out with a bang. I really like this historical story, good job!