Reviews for Mic
Picasso of Precision chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
Started off good, I have to admit. Compared to a lot of fic I stumble across in this fandom, you're undoubtedly one of the better writers. The tale of a struggling musician is hardly an original concept, but it's reasonably well executed and intended until you wriggle in your 'deep meaning' and then it becomes more about you and not Luigi.

If there's one thing I have to commend you on is the intention of writing this one shot to incorporate friendship and not romance. It isn't usually done.

Some parts in this make me wince at the forced tone in which you attempt to squeeze in either RL names or mildly humorous jokes. Worth considering that what you find relevant/necessary can be irritating name dropping and hence unconvincing to your readers, who don't share the similar taste to you.

Also - though you're free to ignore this bit (or my review entirely, your choice, I'm not actually bothered if you still think I'm a mean troll who hurts your feelings) - I'd recommend you tone down the metaphors. They're not discreet and no one has to 'read between the lines' to get your 4k long point. You've stated it just fine. You're just fanning the flames and with the decent talent you have, you should be writing fics you want to write and not anti-troll centric ones. You're flogging a dead horse.
joebthegreat chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
The quintessential artist's story.

Two people who play amateur music, sit in a coffee shop. Both are tortured as well as superior, all at once. Intriguing stuff.

Not to mention your literal "there's a deep meaning between the lines!" bit at the end.

I don't hate it. I don't hate you. It was certainly well written. I just think, at the end of the day, you wrote a lovely bit of fluff that goes nowhere and says nothing important.

And I will be certain to read everything else you've written if it's as good as this was.
TheWordMasterofFiction chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Whoa...I don't know if an SSB/coffee-shop idea has been done before, but this was excellent, my friend. Truly.

I have to admit, I had my doubts when I clicked on this story-especially when it comes to the Luigi/Sheik pairing-but you soon silenced my doubts.

Hope to see an update soon-I definitely am interested in reading more.