Reviews for The Adventure of the Civil Partnership
Jodi2011 chapter 2 . 12/22/2011
This is great :)

And I do so hope Sherlock doesn't break John's heart.
feralpirate chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Oh, I do just love all things Sherlock. I can't wait to see how you progress with this story. A civil union for the sake of a case, entirely plausible... I do hope Watson doesn't get hurt. :-P

Some simple grammar errors, also re-read your work outloud to yourself. It'll be easier for you to spot the "by" when it should have been "my" or other similiar mistakes.

Keep it up, I look forward to updates.
feralpirate chapter 1 . 12/20/2011

Keep it up, I look forward to updates.
Bluebellskin chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Ooh, very interesting so far! Good characterisation and I didn't notice any obvious Americanisms, don't worry! I hope you update soon! (:
southern-punk chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
This is going to be amazing. You're already off to a great start and I've giggled and aww'd and smiled throughout it. I adore it already!
Zarra Rous chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I actually really like this. You have a good style. Keep up the good work.
SeenaC chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
This is a very promising beginning and I hope that you will continue.

The trope of the fake relationship that becomes real is always fun. I especially like the fact that you are having them make it actually LEGAL right off the bat! It's not a situation that most friends would agree to, and I find it very interesting that John hasn't even asked, "What happens after the case? How do we get it dissolved?"

I wonder if Sherlock noticed that lack of question as well?

:-)

The mystery you have set up sounds very interesting, I can't wait to see how that unfolds.

Your characterizations are very good, both John and Sherlock sound very authentic.

Your only problem area is the grammar, which, as a previous reviewer stated, a beta reader would help you with. If you cannot find one, try reading your work out loud, that helps to catch things you wouldn't notice otherwise.

Great start! Looking forward to the next chapter!
Redbelladonna chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
I love the story, and can't wait for more. The only thing I would have changed is that the second half seemed to drag on. I know you wrote you had issues with dialog, but you did fine with it in the first half.
Vampsi chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
I think this is going to shape up to be a very awesome fanfiction. I am looking forward to your continuing, even if you do update slowly, so please don't give up on the fic so soon!

I don't think I've seen anyone try something like this here, yet, and I am definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes. I like that John is the one who has this dilemma, too. I'm glad you decided to do it that way.

The only suggestion that I have is that you get a beta reader. Spell check is a good option, but it isn't going to catch it if you misspell a word by accurately typing another word. For example, I noticed that once you used the word "threw" when you should have used "through" and that is something that spell check won't catch. Those are both actual words, so as far as spell check is concerned...it's accurate. Even if it isn't. :p

Some word processors do have grammar check, but I really don't know anyone who has found one that came with a program like that that worked accurately. I even know English teachers who hate the grammar check on Microsoft Word.

So, a beta reader would be a good thing to look for. I realize that those aren't always that easy to find, though. But, they have an area on this site that you can go to to look for beta readers, and you could always put some feelers out on LJ and even on the bio section of your profile here. That's what I did when I was writing for DC-based fandoms.

As for Brit Picking, I'm not entirely sure what that means but I guess it means checked for appropriate word variations (behaviour instead of behavior) and British slang? There are online websites for that, too. One that I have decided to start using is called British Dictionary and has translatebritish as the domain name.

translatebritish dictionary / a (without the spaces)

I'm also American, so this British slang is sometimes hard for me. :p

Anyway, I hope that my suggestions are helpful. And, I hope that you decide to continue with this story, because I'm very anxious to see what happens. :) I think it looks great so far and that it's going to end up being an epic fic.
Jodi2011 chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
No need to worry, your writing is very good and the conversation flows naturally. On top of that you have captured both John and Sherlock very much in character.

just one little thing... I fully intend stalk unnoticed threw these locations and find him."

perhaps should read... I fully intend to stalk unnoticed through these locations to find him."

please continue :)
Assassin of Oblivion chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
This is quite the interesting idea! :) very successful first chapter. I can't wait to read more! Keep up the good work!
Electryone chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
I like this so far-great idea for a fic. I'm looking forward to an update!
notjane chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Fantasic work dear! This fic made my day. Keep calm and carry on :•)
Lucy chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
I'm really enjoying this story. Stop apologizing for your work, because you've done nothing to be sorry for. Just keep up the good work.

:D