Reviews for The Breaking Point
sassyfriend chapter 2 . 6/20/2013
That is good that Aragorn is understanding of the little one
sassyfriend chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
I agree they needed a good bit of yelling
Mockingbird's Song chapter 3 . 5/14/2013
This was very good. Great characterisation.
Aria Breuer chapter 3 . 3/12/2013
This was a good short story. Even though this was your first fanfic, it was a good, decent first story.

There were only two grammatical errors I'd like to address, but they weren't too bad: "Ringbearer" - I'm not sure whether this is the correct spelling. Usually, I've seen it as "Ring-bearer". I could be wrong with this one. The second one was found in the first two chapters, but there was a slight overuse with "you know", which I saw more than once. I guess these weren't typical grammatical errors, but this was what I noticed. It's up to you whether or not you want to fix them.

It took me a few times, before reading the story, to realize this is about Legolas and Gimli's typical bickerings that was found in the books and films. I did like how Frodo finally spoke out about the arguing, but was impressed at the way everything was resolved. As for Pippin, since I am in this age group when he journeyed with the Fellowship to Mordor, I can understand why he would behave that way. Somehow I should have realized the rest of the Fellowship would ignore Pippin's question, since he is the youngest in the Fellowship and the hobbits. I think that's just me defending Pippin again.

Good work.

-Aria Breuer

P.S. I'm putting this story into my community, if that's all right with you? I think I put a couple of your other stories there, too, but it's been a while. Of course, most of those stories have Frodo as the lead and are well-written. I figured you should know, since this story was just as good as the others.
sassyfriend chapter 3 . 11/14/2011
Love it :D
Nikikeya chapter 3 . 8/14/2011
This was short but- Actually yes, it was tragically short. And yet it was also so cute and sweet, and funny. (I love Frodo's rare bursts of temper.) Poor Pippin, stuck walking behind Bill...
Darkover chapter 3 . 12/22/2010
Dear Shirebound: I liked this! Very good for a first fic. I do not agree that Pippin behaves like a "spoiled" child-rather like a child, yes, but he was still only a "tween," which makes him a juvenile by hobbit standards. I also wish to criticize Aragorn's use of the word "okay." Maybe I'm being unnecessarily picky here, but "okay" is American English, and certainly was not known in Middle-Earth! Also, why was there no mention whatsoever of Boromir? He was still around at this time. Otherwise, this was a delightful story. You did well in exploring the rapport between the members of the Fellowship. I'm glad this was the first of many fics! Sincerely, Darkover
Desertfyre chapter 3 . 10/31/2010
Wonderful cute story! It was funny when Frodo broke. You'd think it would be the ring of all things but instead a ongoing argument. Glad everything worked out in the end! lol
Whispering Darkness chapter 3 . 7/10/2010
It's been years since I first discovered your stories (I went by Dara Maeko then.) And I loved the Quarantined ones! I hadn't really read most of your others, though.

And that gives me the wonderful oppertunity to keep discovering your little gems every once in a while.

This story was just as enjoyable as most of the others from you that I've read. I loved how the members of the fellowship where individualised and the interaction between Frodo and the others. His conversations with Aragorn and Legolas were great and I especially loved the little bit Frodo said about Pippin; how he reminded Frodo of what he was doing this for. And Legolas admiration of Frodo's strength was excellent as well.

Absolutely wonderful little story! -

Maria
Lulu belle too lazy to log in chapter 3 . 10/28/2008
you are my hero. Cute, light, and very canon. *sigh* Why didn't I find you sooner? Ah well, I must make up for lost times and intensity my stalkerish ness of your profile and stories. Beatufiully written, light hearted, simple and powerful. I really like these casual interactions between the group. Go Legolas and Pippin! I really did enjoy the whole Pippin and Aragorn part earlier and at the end. Thanks for making me smile!
Wing Moon chapter 3 . 10/13/2008
i LOVE YOUR STORY! SHORT AND SWEET!

I love all the chater of LOTR but Pippin, Frodo, Argon and Legolas are my fave. And you story show all my fave in it. Love and I hope your write more LOTR story.
JenCarpeDiem chapter 3 . 6/11/2008
After reading all of the Quarantined series and its sequel, you're my favourite author on ffnet. I'm completely serious. :) So, apparently that means I'm reading all of your stories now - and where better to start than at the beginning? It surprises me that the characters were as loveable in this first story as they were in your more recent tales, purely because most authors hit a learning curve, but it seems you've always been pretty decent. Well done. :)
Miss Quartermain chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
Oh! Don't strangle Pip! I love him too much! Me like!
xFlickerx chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Please do. I like people who write more then read. It reminds me why there are authors out there. I have written alot lately and forgotten to take the time to read. It not only gives u ideas but helps you learn ways you can improve. Thanks for reminding me who the important people really are. After all if there were't readers whats the point of writing?
w- easy enough chapter 3 . 9/29/2006
Pippin rocks! ... even if he does get a bit annoying...