Reviews for Clairvoyant Crime Fighters
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 3/10
DIdn't think I'd like this, but I do. You capture the child in Jane very well (and there's a lot of that!). Thanks.
Ebony10 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
OMG. Okay. First of all, I was already laughing when I started reading simply because of this term: crack-adjacent. LMAO!

And seriously, there were so many things in here that were awesome that I stopped keeping track. I truly love that Cho nailed the character profile and plot. He totally would.

"He sees things others don't. She sees him,"

I melted. Really, I did. Sneaky you with that lovely (rather serious) gem hidden amongst the jewels of humor. Ah, I love me some crack-adjacent fic. ;P
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
LOVED IT!
Alexandrea1992 chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Brilliant :)

that really made me smile .
csiAngel chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Aww, I love that drawing. "She sees him." Aww. And his comment about her being leading lady material. So sweet :) This was a fun fic. You'll be writing the musical, right?
Anna chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Awesome:D! Absoultly funtime;)!
Lothiriel84 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Very funny! Jane could really do something crazy like that! And I loved this sentence:

"Lisbon blinked; then she mentally reminded herself who she was talking to."
MentalistLover chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I absolutely LOVED this! I wouldn't normally read fluffy romance TM stories, but I saw that you had written it so I had to give it a go. And I'm so happy I did! I would pretty much have to type in every single word if I wanted to show you all the lines I loved in this one. And I can totally see Jane doing something like this on the show and would love to have that happen. :) You made me smile. Thanks so much!
Kourion chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
I 'only' laughed about 20 times while reading this story! I love delightful child-like Jane. I also am amused that I can see Jane doing something like this on the show. Considering he probably married quite young, if we do some basic math (he's what...about 42 now on the show?, and his wife and daughter have been dead for about 9 years, and his daughter looked about 5 or 6 in that flashback scene... Hmmm...that would put Jane at about 26 when he became a father, and he most likely was married a bit before that). At any rate, I was just startled by the thought that if he is *this* childlike a good 15 plus years later AND after experiencing everything that he has experienced...I can't even fathom how child-like he would have been right after after he was married! X-D *loves this!*
anon chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Wonderful, cute, fluffly story! Great Job! .
inu-osuwari chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Fantastic! This has to be the most fun holiday-Mentalist fic I've ever read. I love how you kept everyone basically in character; the banter was perfect. Excellent work!
Aeidhryn chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
"Not to mention, it would totally clash with your theme," Jane added.

"Played by the trumpet," Lisbon double-checked.

:D

"I don't care," Lisbon insisted primly, ignoring Rigsby, who was at this point nearly convulsing in silent laughter. Van Pelt was really quite interested in her computer screen. Even Cho had his nose buried awfully deeply in his book.

In character… yay!

She almost smiled back. Almost. (She was still annoyed with himCOMMAHERE after all.) "I can tell."

Van Pelt suddenly became very busy looking in her drawer,NOCOMMAHERE (and attempting to hide her smile).

And just below it, "I happen to think you're leading lady material."

Heck yeah!

Also... have you seen the mentalist musical online? Because there are two vids based on that that net bee00 did that are quite good. Go youtube it; you'll have fun. :D
Aquila1 chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Definitely bordering on crack-fic, but actually completely adorable and strangely in-character. As a former orchestra member, I loved your choice of oboe for Jane, but now 76 Trombones is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day :) This was really very fun.
Frogster chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
I love it! It was adorable and hilarious. I happen to think Jane's musical would be very entertaining. Especially if he was running after Lisbon to pay her back for saving his life earlier in the show.

Love how you portrayed Jane as a mischievous little boy with a lot of crazy ideas who just wants to entertain and please his best friend/love interest. :D

I think my favorite line was when Jane explained to Lisbon why he's an oboe.

Now will Cho's drums resound after his one-liners?

Of course Jane would put himself in as the lead. Liked later when they were discussing which musical men he was like. Personally, I think he's a lot like Bert from Mary Poppins. As far as the humor and mischievousness goes. But the Music Man is a good pick, even though I've never seen the show and am just going by your description of it. (And of course Lisbon would be his leading lady. Or maybe his co-star, since she'd draw as many fans as he would.)

Love Jane's songs, especially his for Lisbon.

LaRoche is already a comedic character, he looks like Humpty Dumpty. _

I could just see Jane being upset and trying not to show it when Lisbon said his show wouldn't ever be produced anyway. LOVED how he wanted her to be involved. He needs her approval (for most things), even if he doesn't admit it. Love how Lisbon mollifies him.

Loved Jane's comment about how Lisbon always tells him to look productive. I suppose that's a step in the right direction. _

Loved how Lisbon offered to help him if he was a "good boy" at work. Bahaha that was funny. She sounds like she's talking to a five-year-old. (Which much of the time, she is.)

Love Jane's title, the tagline, the little drawing, and Jane's admission that he thinks she's leading lady material. :D

Jane may be ludicrous, but secretly Lisbon loves it. And so do I, although that's not much of a secret.

This was fantabulous. Perfect. (Although if you'd have inserted something about Lisbon Loafers, that would have made it even funnier, but I don't think Lisbon Loafers would have fit into your story.) I laughed all through this fic, which I'm sure is what you intended. You should write humor more often.

I absolutely enjoyed it, as you can tell from my long review. Thank you so very much! This is my favorite holiday fic yet. Merry Christmas! :D
Brown Eyes Parker chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Actually, a topic of conversation on a trip my family and I took in September was how Jane is like Professor Harold Hill and Lisbon is like Marion. (It was a 22 hour trip and we drove straight through. We were bored.)

This story was fun and light-hearted. Two favorites of mine actually.

Really cute.