Reviews for For Honour
StarGazers chapter 2 . 11/6/2013
I want more...I think that sums up everything I could spends lines and lines saying. Wonderful. Probably the third or fourth time I've read this but just now decided to plop a review down for. Moar! (as if you aren't busy or anything! ;) )
a fan chapter 2 . 6/20/2013
Yikes, I am painfully and deeply in love with this story. Looking at the last update date, I donno if you are still working on it... but even the first two chapters that are here are delightful already. sebastian somehow manages to be pitiable and lovable and pathetically ambitious all at the same time. this is giving me a lot of feelings.
myobsidianbutterfly chapter 2 . 3/22/2012
Damn, it's the second time I read this chapter. I think I'm addicted... :D I hope there'll be more of this candy soon. :)

And good luck with your exams! :)
madhermit chapter 2 . 3/12/2012
Well, didn't see that coming.

I see where you're coming from with contractions. And it would make sense for LaCroix to slip and make a mistake or two when speaking with upper class.

Just like "Evelina"...

A bit late, but good luck with exams!
Theva chapter 2 . 3/5/2012
Yes! An update!

I enjoyed how you pictured LaCroix as a budding anglophile - funnily enough, I had always pitched him as the sort of Frenchman that would sooner swallow his tongue before spending a word of praise for perfidious Albion - I can't wait to see how the spying business comes along. "Masquerading", "I've been to the Americas..." eh eh...
tigerbalm01 chapter 2 . 3/5/2012
I hate laCroix as you know but this is still really good stuff. the atmosphere is practically thick enough to cut with a knife

(still hate him though)

i guess you don't need anyone to tell you you are an awesome writer by this point right? yah i didn't think so.

good day my dear companion, i am hence forth off to my bed chamber, we shall speak again anon
Mariagoner chapter 2 . 3/3/2012
Sebastian Walsh tells stark and unpadded tales of combat, exploration, a conquering crown; SĂ©bastien de LaCroix listens carefully to comments about silver stocks, trade route woes, weapons ships issued across a European Theatre.

Perfect! I can see the man behind the polite veneer rearing his head just now! And I love how Sebastian hides such deep contempt and intensity behind that oh-so-placid exterior of his, ambition cloaked beneath that still surface. It's so damn... Ventrue of him, truly.
madhermit chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
(Yes, I actually registered in order to review. Less complication with responses.)

This is...wonderful.

Not an expert on historical details, I fear, but there was another detail. While "Little Boy Blue" existed then, it existed in England. Would it have reached France or Belgium by then? Granted, Sebastian lived in Calais, but...

While we already had a glimpse of violin-playing Sebastian in BB, I'd love to see piano-playing LaCroix...somehow, it seems to fit him better than violin - or at least it fits his outer rigid persona.
Theva chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I checked and lo! It was real! It had arrived! Finally! Sign me up for all of it, mon capitaine.

Also, this: "The "Prince?": I got in one little fight and my mom got scared…" cracked me up way more than it should have. With tears in my eyes, I wait for your next chapter!
myobsidianbutterfly chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Yesss! I've been looking for a fanfic like this one for a long time. As being my favourite character, I was always interested in LaCroix's pre-kindred life.:) So please, keep it up this nicely done piece of candy :)
Too Tired To Login chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Nicely done! I mean, it was a little too short for my taste on long fics, but so far so good. I can't wait for a second chapter.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't have any incoherencies. However, I'm sadly not an expert.

Your view on LaCroix's past is fantastic. Your prose is easy going, rich in culture, and beautiful. Keep the good work coming.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Of course LaCroix started off in the most modest circumstances possible, marked by trouble and desperation and violence all around. But of course! In any case, I remain as enamored with your writing as ever and can't wait to read more. Your LaCroix is an even more interesting villain than the one from the very fine game and I can't wait to see where you go...
morgan145 chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
whoohoo! well, what can I say? nicely done, a very well condensed bio of Les Capitaines early life. you've really captured the atmosphere of that turbulent era very well. and the most interesting thing I find is that I was expecting something completely different, and yet I am in no way disappointed with how you've chosen to describe his life. Born into a poor artisan family, eh? I would have pegged Sebastian as lower upper class at least. However this has just made things infinitely more interesting...

And the violin? suddenly explains a whole lot. now we all know why Sebastian would explode at a professional orchestra about how they are playing! and it's an elegant addition to the character, one that I feel is going to be a continuing part of his development.

thanks for the shoutout, I hope my "patience" (read: *pokes* "are you done yet? *pokes* are you done yet?...") wasn't too annoying :P but after seeing your work, how could I lose faith?

...Oh, and that little quote from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air? priceless, just priceless and appropriate XD
Loving Companion Cube chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
AARFRFARFAFGHH! I sit in the office at work and should probably work but uhh...I don't because I saw this diamond finally popping up and had a fangasm (but silent for the sake of my co-workers).

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us and I love the fact, that you "re-frenched" LaCroix's first name (some Nosferatu bickered into my ear that the future Prince adjusted it to fit it into a more english-sounding name. Or was it a Malkavian? Dunno). And just with the first few sentences you warped me from my office deskt to the unstable years of the French Revolution (one of the most interesting times in European history imho) and if I find something that don't match history, I won't jump at it unless I'd be a history student of some sorts but I'll tell you if there's something wrong with the Austrian military (They have military? HAHAHAHAH! A gun and a knife probably. *slaps herself*).