Reviews for Pater Familias
Superdani4Ever chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
really intense the part of Caly and Milla.I liked it
Verda Napoli chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
The first part was written so vividly that I could feel myself looking at Clay through Milla's eyes. The hurt, the fear, the inability to look&then feeling like a coward for not being able to do so-without geting too wordy you captured every emotion. All women that are close to their fathers like to keep the childlike belief that their daddy in invinsible. I'm sure that that's esp. true in the life. I always thought my Uncle Jim was eight feet tall and made out of steel:) But anyway...

Milla acknowledging that her father has been a heartless bastard and there are things she can never forgive him for (ie her mother), yet she's still by his side is what makes her so real to me. Unlike what KS writes, feelings and relationships just don't go away or have huge shifts overnight. (Especially if they're blood deep or there's a child involved) The genuine emotions you bring to your stories is what makes them such a pleasure to read. I feel like I'm invested in these people again (this season threw me for a loop, but I won't go into detail why out of courtesy for those readers who aren't watching at US speed) and that's a huge feat. So glad you included Tig. As always, his placement was perfect. I didn't feel like you were throwing him in because that's what they did on the show or for effect. He's Clay's man, he belongs there. It would be OOC for him to be anywhere else. Nice.

Clay is so Clay-he loves his girl, but he's also using her as a human shield and a card to be played. I think he really has learned from Gemma. Most people want to believe that Clay created Gemma, but I think it's the other way around. She's too hard of a bitch to cave to a man. Those two deserve each other for sure, but I still think Gemma is the neck to Clay's head. Either way, no one writes Clay better than you do. Kudos.

With no knowledge of JT's death, I can see why Milla hates Jax here. However, I'm curious to see if you ever acknowledge Milla's POV on that topic. Jax would've never had the balls to do something like that before, so why is he doing that $hit now? I can imagine the bells going off in her head! She's no dummy.

Juice and Milla continue to break my heart. Like you've said before, Milla is far too compassionate for her own good. She's like my Avery in the sense that she'll throw herself under the bus to save others. It's not noble, it's unhealthy but that's what makes a character a person in our minds and not just words on a screen. But in this case, Milla recognizes that Juice has screwed up but he's down and she won't kick him while he's down. Yep, typical Milla.

As usual, I loved this! Can't wait to read more material from you!
Dutch'76 chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
Great therapy! For you to write and for me to read!

Loved this glimpse of Milla. She is loyal and family orientated. Dad’s are invincible, Outlaw biker dads even more so. It must be devastating to see Clay in that hospital bed, vulnerable, frail and mortal. Her fight to get a hold on her emotions because her father needs her and because that is what is expected of her. She is a daddy’s girl, the two of them have found each other and needed each other, when Gem was focused on Jax.

Clay, he loves his girl, yet that love isn’t pure selflessness, it will always be Clay. Like he never had to share her, like he knows that she will stay with him and will do anything he asks her and how she will keep him safe and even be his key back to the world that he was locked out of.

The end was so touching too, you created such a strong character in Milla. Really love to read your stories.
Tig's Old Lady chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I. Loved. It. Best story I have read in awhile. Clay is still one of my favorite characters, even after all the bad things he has done.