Reviews for You Just May Be The One
Farfisa68 chapter 4 . 2/6/2014
I'm not sure how I missed this story as I thought I had read most of the ones that appealed to me during the last 18 months. Anyway, I am do happy I discovered it as it was fantastic! Punched all my buttons, romantic, humorous, and sexy with solid friendship and feelings too! Back in chapter one I thought you summed up Peter's character brilliantly-he has a hard time seeing obvious stuff, but gets the stuff everyone else has a hard time seeing.

I agree the Partridge Family is awesome! :)
Anon chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
"You kissed me," Peter said.

"You didn't resist!" Mike shot back hurriedly, as if in self-defense.

I loved this!
FrancesBertram chapter 4 . 2/20/2013
I can't believe I'm just getting around to reviewing this chapter, but hey. Awesome chapter! I just love it so intensely! This is honestly the best ending to a story I have ever read, ever. ... Ok, maybe in the top three. ;) (I can remember REALLY good endings to other stories as well). :P Sigh. Just so wonderful. :)
Guest chapter 4 . 8/23/2012
Okay I just wanna say that I love this fanfiction. It's really cute and there's just enough Torksmith and a fair amount of chapters. I would say keep writing more because there seems to be a shortage of smutty Torksmith anywhere and another one is always welcome.
randyscousegit chapter 3 . 5/29/2012
Oh, when I mentioned earlier (2 posts down) that the Monkees couldn't afford a digital watch or clock, even if they had been invented yet, I meant their TV characters, of course. :-)

Back to nightclubs: I did a quick Google check, and my memory is right - the rock and roll generation preferred bars and taverns to nightclubs, according to one site. Often there would be live bands and dancing at those places. And, depending on the local liquor laws, teenagers might be there too (We had 3.2 Bars in Denver, for 18 to 20 year olds).

If your story took place in the Sixties Sunset Strip days, you could use the word Discotheque, or simply club. And, mid-to-late Seventies, it could be called Disco.

I'm partial to the early Seventies, can you tell? :-)
randyscousegit chapter 2 . 5/29/2012
Hello again, I'm continuing my review of your excellent story, and listing the anachronisms (I was worried I was running out of characters allowed on my first review...sorry, I'm new at this).

Again, bear with me, I'm being self-indulgent recalling 1971:

Nobody I knew used condoms. If a boy had pulled out a condom, I would have thought "What is this, World War Two?" All girls having sex were on the Pill...or at least, all smart girls were on the Pill. AIDS had not arrived yet. I had never heard of Herpes. And all VD's (now known as STD's) could be cured with antibiotics. This is how we thought, anyway.

There was such a culture shift between 1971 and the late 80's, that the comedienne Kathy Griffin even had a joke about it: she said because we now were using condoms, girls everywhere were having to get rid of their cute bamboo wastebaskets in the bedroom. :-)

I'm going to assume the same unprotected sex was occurring between homosexual males in 1971. Again, this is the world before AIDS.

On a sillier note, I was going to mention that there wasn't any frozen French Toast in 1971. However, upon Googling to be sure, I discovered that this modern breakfast food came out in 1971. Okay, why didn't I get to eat any? Where was I? Was it expensive? Or did my parents think it was just too weird? (though we certainly had our share of Pop Tarts). LOL!

Again, thank you for your story, I added it to my favorites.
randyscousegit chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
I liked this story very much, it was fun and well-written. Because I'm getting to be an old lady now, more or less, I noticed some anachronisms. Indulge me as I point them out...this has absolutely nothing to do with your writing, I'm simply enjoying reliving 1971:

They would not have had a digital alarm clock. I recall digital watches coming out, and being way too expensive for the common man to own at first. So I Googled this, and there was no digital clock in 71. The first watch (before clocks) didn't come out until 72...and the Monkees would not have been rich enough to own one of those, either.

Nightclubs were for old people. I know we didn't call them nightclubs, so I'm racking my brain trying to remember what we said. Bar? Club? Disco, except I think that phrase was also on it's way out, until Disco music revived the term in the mid-seventies.
Brat-Child3 chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Wow, okay...

So my sister and I were hit hard with the news about Davy and finally were able to scour youtube last night for tons of music videos of theirs and watch them without crying. We watch their episodes semi-regularly so Idk if it was the late hour or what but we started noticing this really suspicious interaction between Micky and Davy. Like...whoa, how could we have missed this before? Now, I'm a regular lover of slash, but in way way different fandoms from this. I was always in love with the Monkees for my own, so I never thought to pair them TOGETHER! But it was so cute that I get up this morning and decide to look to see if anyone else has ever had this cross their mind. Lo and behold, there is a whole fanbase of it. Although I'm dying to read one of MickyxDavy, I happened across this one and the episode where Mike is dressed like a princess and Peter wants to marry him ran across my mind and I was far too "OMG :D!" to pass it up. I'm SOOOO glad I didnt. You're an excellent writer! And so far this is just so cute. I laughed so hard at the end. HAHA poor Micky! He has NO IDEA what he missed! 3

Awesome job with this. My first Monkees slash fic. Yay!
Hoshi no Tama chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
You are such a good writer! I love the slow build-up, and the way you stay in both Mike and Peter's heads! Very romantic! :)
son of jupiter chapter 4 . 2/8/2012
That was funny with Davy. Keepp going. And I am also sick about the guy and guy think, but whatever, it's funny.
McflyNiffDaveFrancoFan chapter 4 . 2/3/2012
Hey sweety, this story is really cute. Love itD I was thinking about writing a Monkees slash meself.
FrancesBertram chapter 3 . 12/28/2011
Hot hot hot! All I've got to say is don't leave spaces after the dashes. Not correct. Okay! :P
hbswartzy chapter 2 . 12/24/2011
keep writing, please!
FrancesBertram chapter 2 . 12/15/2011
Oh, great. Just awesome. I love them; they're so cute. Peter is adorable in his naivety. Mike's sideburns need to be shaved...that's all I can think about. But yeah, great writing! SOOOOO hilarious when Mike empties the entire refrigerator-and then points to the ice cubes excitedly! I about died laughing. Very clever writing. Just gorgeous. Lol, Micky: "Is everything rotten?" Love it! They're all adorable and in character. :)
FrancesBertram chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Haha, so good and I don't even like The Monkees. Hot kiss. Good characterization. Good humor. 3 Please update! :)