Reviews for One Autumn Afternoon
Holly Chase chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Aw, this was so cute!
HazyCrazy chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
I've read this before but never left a review. Simply adorable! They were both very in character and I could imagine the scene playing out in my mind. Great job :D
ohfenrir chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Gah, this was so cute! I loved Neville's awkwardness, and how he didn't know what to do around her and just stared at the grass and how she was so nice to him. I kind of chuckled at how no-one shared their passion, and how Hannah learnt about the Devil's Snare 'just in case'. Neville was really in-character, too, and he's just so adorable, isn't he? Hannah seemed quick to pick up that his parents were really important to him despite the fact he doesn't live with them; it makes me think they would be a good couple after all. This was wonderful!
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
I love how you said [Autumn clearly settling in at Hogwarts.] Has a really nice ring to it. And it's so cute how Neville's acting all nervous. And Hannah's so sweet too.

[Never, in all six years at Hogwarts had he had the courage to ask a girl anywhere] - I wouldn't bother with that comma. Funnily, it's normally the opposite. But you don't need that comma. In fact, I'd say it's a little jarring.

And the conversation was adorable too. :)
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
This was very cute, I ship Hannah/Neville too so it was great to see a s well written story around them. I like how you have Neville nervous, but not incompetent. I think Neville was wonderfully IC and Hanna was sweet.

Good Job
Mrs Bella Riddle chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
I love this! Like all good Hannah/Neville fics it is adorable. Neville is so wonderfully IC and Hannah is very sweet. I really like his fumbling attempts and his embarrassment. You really can see that they are two sixteen year olds rather than someone older.

Though I have to say I don't think it is at all an AU. It seems like it would slide right into canon to me.
Lady Phoenix Fire Rose chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
This was so sweet. I love the scene between Neville and Hannah. Neville has always been one of my favorite characters. I think that you have done a good job of portray him here.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
I know I've read this before and I could have sworn that I reviewed it! But I guess not so here it is. This is adorable. I'm a Neville/Luna shipper but this is just a sweet moment between him and Hannah that I love! I like how you handled the skirting around his parents thing. It was really quite well done. And I love how she believes in him and he gets embarrassed. It's so cute and the ending is awesome how she understands that the gift was special to him, without prying. Great writing :)
LilyKrishnan chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
This was so cute! Especially the way you personified Neville was awesome. I haven't read many Neville/Hannah one shots but this was really good. The part about neville's mother giving him a peacock feather and him giving it to Hannah instead of preserving it (obviously it meant a lot to him) was really cute. All in all, a good read with good grammar and vocabulary. :)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Lily :)
FloatingCloudBadger chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Aw, Neville and Hannah are so cute 3 great job :)
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
There is really only one word for this. Awwwwwwwwwwww.

It's really adorable. There's just this sort of soft, sweet atmosphere to the whole thing, which completely fits with the Hannah in my head, and oh, Neville. Poor, awkward Neville. He's adorable. Gah, I've already used that word. Eh, well. The whole thing is just so dang cute!

The Herbology aspect is great, and I love the idea of a peacock feather quill!

Hannah's friends seem very like they would be (despite that being a terrible way to phrase it. You know what I mean, right?).

The dialogue, as well, seems very natural, which enhances the story quite a bit.

Overall, very lovely.

(*_*)
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
I'm not the biggest Neville/Hannah fan, I'll admit, but this was so sweet! Neville's perfectly in-character, and the idea of this taking place in sixth year was refreshing; it seems most Neville/Hannah stories take place either during the 97-98 school year or after the Battle of Hogwarts. The gift Neville gave Hannah was so sweet, also. I like how they both like Herbology (which, for the record, also fits with how I picture Hannah as well). Nice job.
HinataInuzuka chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
How cute! I think this is the first Hannah and Neville story I've read; I tend to stick to Neville and Luna for some reason. I really like how you connected the two with Herbology. And the way you incorporate their thoughts and feelings with the dialogue is very good. A lot of people have trouble with that balance.

I'd be a little careful with how often you use commas. I'd try reading aloud to see if you need the comma there or not. If you don't naturally pause there, you might not need that comma after all.

I want to refer you to a creative writing based Harry Potter roleplaying site called Rocky Mountain International. You can find the site at www. rmimagic .com (just delete the spaces). We're accepting applications for our new term, and I honestly think you'd make a fantastic addition to our author base. We'd love to have you! Feel free to message me with any questions you may have.

Keep writing :)

-HinataInuzuka
Imablack chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
This really was a lovely little one shot. I wouldn’t necessarily call it an AU because it fits within the realm of canon quite nicely. Actually, I think you have the makings of a much longer here. To me, Neville marring Hannah in canon just seemed to come straight out of the blue, so I love this little insight into her personality and would love to see more.

Neville was perfectly in character and I love that. The scene flowed flawlessly and if there were any grammatical errors, I did not see them. Well done!
JPLE chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
I very rarely read Neville or Hannah centric stories, but this was really special!

I loved that you didn't make Neville overly pathetic or weak. You clearly displayed that he does have a bit of Gryffindor bravery, and a lot of loyalty, obviously. I sort of felt for Neville in a way that no one else has ever made me do, in this story.

I think the reason for that may, in part, be due to the fact that everyone tends to marginalise him as a character and never really write something that makes you think about who he is and what he thinks. I think that's what was really special in this piece. You constructed Neville's emotions in a delicate fashion, that didn't simply serve them on a plate on their own, but built them up from the beginning.

I LOVED the inclusion of Neville's family. This really added to the in character feel of the story overall. Not only because it included his backstory, but also due to his nervous reaction. He covered up his parents in a way that you would expect Neville to do, given that he only revealed his parents' fates later on in the series and only, at first, to Harry.

There was a little bit of dry humor, a little bit of wit. Overall, I think it was very well put together :)

If I was going to make one constructive comment, it would be that I think (and this is only personal opinion), that it should read 'on the holidays' instead of 'in the holidays.' I'm not exactly sure if that's grammatically correct, but it seems to flow better to me. Feel free to disregard it because I actually thought this turned out brilliantly.

Well done!