Reviews for When the Valley's Hushed and White with Snow
Tammy333 chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Loved every second of it! Thanks!
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
For some reason I overlooked this one, but it's a gem. There are plenty of great moments and lines (and yes, I could pick out the homage to Emma Thompson's "Sense and Sensibility" script).

Where to start? The lines about Mr. Carson as a caveman were hilarious, and so was Mrs. Patmore's blunt order/observation at the ball. I was delighted at the idea of Sybil and Tom dancing, and of Robert and Cora doing the same (and Cora being more observant than R. about matters of the heart).

Oh, and I did like Bates getting tough.

All in all, a wonderfully festive time was had by all, except perhaps Thomas. But that's as it should be.
LaLizi chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
You are right, the Bates storyline is very improbable, but, sweet nonetheless. I also like Sybil with Tom in the servants quarters taking a nightcap! Amusing story. :)
JustFishy chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
!

That is too cute!
kouw chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Ah... Christmas: how you make people end up together like they should! Now my heart is warm again.
amy0102 chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Awwww this was sooooo good :) I hope the Christmas special will be just like this :) Thank you!
griseldalafey chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Awww, that was so sweet. I like how everyone is on to them and so supportive of them.

Thomas getting punched is - as always - lovely and Isobels scheming just priceless!
Batwings79 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
I loved this entry in the Mistletoe Challenge. I especially liked the development of Elsie's character throughout the story. And Elsie's friendship with Isobel...makes watching the show tough because that's one that likely never make to the screen..LOL! Happy Christmas!
ellie987 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Awww! Eeveryone's shipping Charles and Elsie! What a great entry for the challenge!

It's great to read about Elsie's first days at Downton, how she was already so determined and Charles couldn't help but ebing fascinated by her.

The ball is just great. I love drunk Mrs. Patmore doing some cheerleadering, Thomas being his usual horrible self, Anna being all happy because of Bates, but mostly I adore Cora and Robert observing Charles and Elsie kissing and commenting. Oh, and Isobel! What a great incentive she gave her!

The interaction between Charles and Elsie is flawless and so sweet. I specially adore the ending. It put a big smile on my face.
onmyside chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
*sigh* I loved it! What more can I say? It was really clever of you to have "real" scenes in it as well (and I liked the "Elsie arrives at Downton" scene a lot).
Onesimus chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Lovely! I loved all the snippets through Series 2, and Thomas getting punched! By Bates. That was perfect. Happy Christmas to me.