Reviews for There Is Flattery in Friendship
darcy58 chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
I'm with you...nice to see them in a pub as a team. the opening of kkbb with them in the SUV said to me they were a TEAM that got closer during jack's absence and they would be just as you've depicted here. In fact this story is a relief after so many angsty argumentative demanding "return of jack" stories.
Lady Emma Wentworth chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
This is wonderful, such honest emotions and so much understanding - it's like they grew up a little during this pub session. Very well done!
Bluesandstone chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
That could have been a missing scene, so sad but the best way to handle Jacks return.
Arnyri chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
I can't even begin to say how much I love this one. The team's quiet banter, Ianto's blushes, the way everything really comes through. I come back and read it sometimes when I need something to push me. Its glorious and sweetly sad. 3
Morena Evensong chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Yes, yes, yes, I totally do LOVE the idea of the four of them getting together for pub nights and talking about what's going on. I mean, it's not like they can talk about it to anyone else... They often seem so fragmented on the show, but I do get the feeling that there's an underlying friendship there too. And I like how you've got them worried about Jack and trying to figure out - as a team - how to deal with it. And tease Ianto about him and Jack, lol.

Great story!
Torchwood Cardiff chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Great story.:-) I loved it and could actually see the team doing this.
Flawed Heroine chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Wonderfully written! I loved the part about the handshake. And great dialogue, too.
firesnap chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Love this one. Probably one of my favorites of yours. The team all have great voices and you do an excellent job explaining how they shrugged off all their issues about Jack's disappearance.
ukdramafan chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Loved this! and yes, I too love the idea of the team chilling out together at a pub. This point of view was different, but refreshing - after KKBB when they were entitled to be angry with Jack for abandoning them, they must have found a way to move forward and be supportive of everyone inclluding Jack, or they'd never have functioned as a team for the rest of S2.
Mc Parrot chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
I love that thought too.

And well done on a nicely crafted piece. It's hard in an ensemble piece to not head hop. You did it well.

I like the way you made the team here. They're not stupid, they're going to know something is wrong. Nice piece.
nothing-rhymes-with-ianto chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Ohhh, this is so good! I love your characterization of everyone! Could you maybe do a sequel? The end of this is written so that it would really allow a sequel. Maybe one of them letting it slip they think maybe he was tortured and Jack admitting it and telling them a little about the YTNW and then everyone going to the pub? Or something?
OrchidofAkyre chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
3! Favorited!
PadawannaB chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
I love that thought as well :)

This was wonderful!
veritas6.5 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
I do think that this is a kinder approach for the team to take. After all, he did come back for them, no matter which team he's now batting for. But this team wasn't on the Valiant and didn't have to face his betrayal (as in other fan fictions, which does afford them the right to a darker outlook). I like their appraisal of how he acts when he's cornered!

I think they all do hang out together when they can, lunch in the Hub, an evening at a pub. With the remote alert, they can be anywhere (or is that a fiction-thing?). It's getting to the point where it all swims together. I'm loving these one-shots of yours. Very flattering to all of them, and you! *hug*
Martin-J-Christopher-Freeman chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Awsome! i totally think that you should do a sequel to this or carry on with this. I actually think that Owen was just putting on a hard act in the series but actually he was just a big softie underneath it all.