Reviews for In Difference
silvaaeterna chapter 1 . 4/13
Hello old internet friend! You may not remember me, I dropped off the planet ages ago. I've started indulging in fanfic again recently (because it's my happy place, still), and totally-not-creepily decided to look up some of my old favorite authors... many of whom I never officially favorite'd and don't know why. Anywho. That led to you, and to this story, which is old but amazing and one I don't recall ever reading when it was new.

Ahem. Enough off-topic rambling. Did I mention this is amazing?

You really have an amazing way with words, between the stunningly unique imagery and the freewheeling train-of-thoughts. There's just such a clear style and voice here that it kind of baffles me, in that it's full of phrases and word combinations that I would never think to put together myself. I mean, once in a while I can surprise myself, but not like this. Your style is like.. untouchable. And I absolutely love it.

In fact, I could dang well hate you for making me feel like an inferior writer. I don't, but I sooooo easily could. I mean, I remembered you being generally awesome, and here I go picking something particularly delicious to read first when revisiting your stuff. I kind of shot myself square in the inferiority complex. XD

I mean, I can't even write a coherent or useful review. (Killin' me, here.) I'm gonna check all the favorite boxes and hit the button now. Toodles!

~Emma
Otaku and Proud chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Good God, you are AMAZING. This is an utter pleasure to read and re-read. An insightful look in Near's elaborate mind and I think you've captured it beautifully. I loved it.
DarkHorseBlueSky chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
Whoa. Intense.
sorry for lack of awesome review power...
uhuhuhuhuhuhu chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Just the way MN is supposed to be done. I'm amazed!
Sychronergy chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Very nice piece ; the darkness/detachment fits Near perfectly. You really have a way with characterization - it's amazing.
Unknown Personality chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Beautiful. That sums this story right up.
Awesomeness Incarnate chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
That was really something. A very clearly defined voice that's both yours, as the author, and Near's, as the narrator. Kind of dark and cynical, but it suits him so well. Job well done. I appreciated his reactions to 'normality,' and the way he avoids thinking about it by studying others from a distance and files his own emotions under 'different.' And Mello just kind of strips away his certainty and he's not sure how to deal with it because he's never explored emotion on a personal level that could apply to him. Loved it. As I said, job well done.

Pax.
Kari Twilight Mist chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Intense! O_O Wow I could really pick up the progressing tension.
Avianahelena chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
When your name comes up in my e-mail alerts, I drop whatever I'm doing and click the link. Your prose is masterful, and your talent for character analysis is stunning. You have a way of capturing characters' voices that I've always envied. Great piece; I love the layers of thought going on in Near's head and the matter-of-factness in his self-perception. There's also none of the stilted quality that sometimes happens when an author tries to write a character who's exceptionally intelligent.
TheAzreal chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Near is horrified by attraction. Of course. It all seems so logical now!

I love how he seems penned in here, self-contained even in his own mind.
Lectorem chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
You are an amazing writer.
aurawyn69 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
this is perfect in every way.

it's haunting, and beautiful, and unique.

i love your writing. 3