Reviews for Rarely Pure, Never Simple
Linorien chapter 17 . 6/25/2014
Wow. I really wish the episode would've been able to show all that you had written, but sadly it cannot be. That's what brilliant authors like you are for. I would like to particularly commend your memory scenes; they really helped add depth to the emotions that our characters were going through. I could feel myself growing sadder as I read through your last few chapters.
And your last sentence, that hurts almost more than an arrow to the chest. Beautifully written.
i'll-cover-you-x chapter 17 . 3/3/2013
Thank you so much for writing this! It's one of my favourite episodes as I love watching the relationships grow between the four of them. Really nice to read these extra scenes which are just as I imagine them. Very good story!
Sophie-SSS chapter 17 . 1/9/2013
Great interpretation of this episode! I loved it! Congrats!
JessieJay13 chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
I'm really glad you wrote this. 1) I like your writing. 2) This is my favorite episode in all 4 seasons so far. So I'm excited for this. _
M. D. Jensen chapter 17 . 5/25/2012
Usually I steer clear of novelizations, but this was fantastic! I loved the added scenes, especially because the emotional impact of the episode wasn't really explored enough in the show. Thanks for posting!
Sirisha23 chapter 17 . 2/8/2012
Thanks for such an amazing and wonderful fanfic. Amazing story! I really love this story. It is so interesting, wonderful, and intriguing. I really loved this episode too. It was amazing how all four of them were close friends. It is sad what happened in the future episodes with Morgana turning evil and Gwen being banished. I hope you can write a sequel to this amazing story. Maybe write about after Arthur realizes the truth about Merlin being a warlock named Emrys. I loved all the scenes in this story. I also loved the flashbacks about Will and Merlin and their friendship growing up. That was so sad when Will died and that he lied for Merlin and told Arthur that he was the sorcerer. I loved it when Hunith told all three of them to take care of Merlin. I loved the father-son like relationship between Gaius and Merlin.
sarajm chapter 17 . 2/4/2012
I loved this story from beginning to end. I liked Merlin's reunion with Gaius - I love their relationship. Also, It was a nice bittersweet ending. I hope you'll give us another Merlin story soon!
DeleaMarie chapter 17 . 2/4/2012
Aw, I'm sad that it's over... :( I really loved this story, both because it's about one of my favorite episodes and because your added scenes were all so sweet and creative. You really did a wonderful job keeping with the spirit of the original but adding your own spin, as well. Are you planning on doing any more episode novelizations? If so, I would definitely be interested in reading them! Once again, great fic!
afanoflife chapter 17 . 2/4/2012
I really enjoyed this!
MamzelleHermy chapter 17 . 2/4/2012
Ohhh That's finished ? Already ? I LOVED that story, Really. It was great ! And I more than loved that Gaius/Merlin moment. You had it all right !
ArodieltheElfofRohan chapter 17 . 2/4/2012
Ah! This was so good. I really enjoyed reading it! _ Awesome fic!
Lady Willamina chapter 16 . 1/24/2012
Merlin's anguish about both Will's death and Arthur's reaction to the use of magic was almost palpable. The contrast between that moment before Kanen and his bandits attacked when Merlin so nearly told Arthur of his magic, and then the scenes near the end where Merlin realizes the time when Arthur will be able to accept him for what he truly is may never come, is really heart breaking.

I loved the insight into Will and Merlin's friendship too.
ArodieltheElfofRohan chapter 16 . 1/23/2012
This was a nice chapter. I like that Arthur decided to follow Merlin into the woods and just sat with him. That's the best kind of comfort.

As always, looking forward to the next chapter!
Baelfire chapter 16 . 1/23/2012
Poor Merlin...

This is brilliant by the way!
ArodieltheElfofRohan chapter 15 . 1/21/2012
Aw, thanks for updating early! You didn't have to do that... you're so nice. haha ;)

I really loved the flashback towards the end. Your style of writing is amazing; it never gets boring! Really looking forward to the next chapter. :)