Reviews for Two Rivers: Beginnings
Muito chapter 34 . 8/22
YYYY U DO DIS TO KILLUA!
xKeiyume chapter 1 . 8/17
I totally agree with SlightlyYandereMelissa.
Writing about a heterosexual couple doesn't make you homophobic at all. How do you know she doesn't have any homosexual friends/family that she supports? Maybe you should stop looking for all the negatives and look for positives. If you don't like the female Gon, why don't you read a different fic instead of posting your completely unnecessary review on this incredible story. Maybe if you ACTUALLY took the time to read it you would like it. There are plenty of Yaoi fics, why not read those instead of wasting your EXTREMELY vacant time posting this meaningless review.
SlightlyYandereMelissa chapter 1 . 8/17
Answer to Marshmallow Fudge Up,
WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK?! Homophobic, transphopic, don't make me laugh!
Seriously, are you new to fanfiction or what?!
In EVERY anime there are genderbender stories and now you decide to bitch about it on this amazingly written story? *sigh*
If this is "sickening" you so much, go read another story.
But lemme tell you something: People write and/or stories not so that there is a "straight" romance and they're homophobic(btw, what gives you the right to call someane homophobic and transphopic?), but because it's fun to write about genderbender!characters.
Have a nice day.
Marshmallow Fudge Up chapter 1 . 8/13
I have no idea why you changed Gon's gender. It makes me frustrated that for romance to occur, it has to be a hetero pairing. Why couldn't Gon and Killua fall in love as guys? Changing Gon's gender for the soul purpose of there being a straight romance is utterly sickening to me.

If that wasn't your intention, then you could've at least kept her sex as a penis. Because you most likely made Gon a hetero cis (someone who identifies with their sex), then not only are you homophobic but also transphobic. These kind of fics dig so badly into my skin because you're so against a homosexual relationship that you'd rather magically turn one of them into a girl.
I loved his chapter.
keep hi o the good work
Can you write another story about Fem-Gon x Kurapika
Gon chapter 28 . 6/25
Make a fem gon x kurapika chapter plus lemon
kewllewk chapter 2 . 6/21
honestly, it got a little jumbled and hard to follow near the end there, but it was good overall.
meme7789 chapter 34 . 6/20
after i got to the part where you answer people's review i thought it was the ending and i was about to cry. but im glad i continued on. i loved this story so so so much! ima go read the sequel right now!
meme7789 chapter 21 . 6/19
Then Gon would be like whats a pedo? XD
meme7789 chapter 4 . 6/19
ok, ok, promise this is the last one. but i just forgot to add this to the previous review, why are killua's eyes emerald? i thought they were sapphire? well maybe its just me but i was curious. again, LOVE the story and keep up the good work!
meme7789 chapter 3 . 6/19
you know, this story is already complete and i dont think you want to keep getting these little, weak reviews from me. also i (and i hope u ) already know im a gonna like this story so thank you for all your hard work in writting it!
meme7789 chapter 2 . 6/19
i read next chapter right now.
meme7789 chapter 1 . 6/18
so far so good. i like the story so far. sorry this is short but i really want to read the next chapter now and im leaving a review here because you said "before proceeding to the next chap, please tell me what you thought."
roe2 chapter 34 . 6/6
Here I am, the master of late reviews. Sorry about that, got preoccupied with stuff and ended up not being able to review right away. So let's get to it, okay?

First of all, thank you for the hard work and whoa...! 34 chapters and 150k words? What dedication! Your love for the series really shows, and I appreciate it when authors clearly enjoy the material they're writing.

There's so much good stuff in this story, it's hard to enumerate. I happen to think it's amazing how you veered off from canon little by little and I believe it was at the start of GI Arc where it became apparent how you completely made HxH's world your own. Not an easy feat, but you managed! Gon's change of gender affected the story, but it totally didn't transform her into a different person, which gives the narrative a refreshing perspective. Her interactions with other characters STILL underline her naivety and innocence... PLUS SHE IS SO SHIPPABLE WITH KILLUA. Chapter 35's vow made me squeal, oh my poor heart. /wipes tears/

The ending was a little expected, but you threw in bits here and there that I'm sure made your readers clamor for more. Like Silva knowing Ging? And the search for Agatha? So, so good. Excellent twists and cliffhangers done right!

As for some criticism, I think I mentioned it before, but your wording can be... wonky. Like, your sentences make sense but some of them are constructed so poorly it seemed like you strung words together just to make it sound 'intelligent'. Now, this isn't an insult to your writing. Clearly, you have direction when it comes to plot, but work a little bit more on sentence construction, okay? They're not cringeworthy, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Another thing I noticed was the excessive use of Japanese phrases. It's too... weebo. /shrugs/ I'm not against the occasional use of 'okaa-san' or 'otou-san' but when you read a sentence that goes: "Arigatou Killua, this is sugoi" it can be a little hard to take the story seriously. Well, it's a minor complaint anyway...

So in a nutshell, I enjoyed reading this story and would definitely read the sequel when I get the time. Have a good day~!

(PS: Wrote this on mobile so pardon anything that sounds like nonsense haha)